Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda: Celestial Truth [Restarting]  (Read 12325 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Celestial Truth
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 06:45:14 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Well, if anyone wants to tell a better story, i would change it, im horrible at making up stories and stuff so if you have a different, better idea than post it and i might use it instead.  The story is supposed to be like Lttp/TP because I'm not very original, too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:48:54 pm by pichuscute »
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 10:54:35 pm »
  • You got the Master Sword!
Well, if anyone wants to tell a better story, i would change it, im horrible at making up stories and stuff so if you have a different, better idea than post it and i might use it instead.  The story is supposed to be like Lttp/TP because I'm not very original, too.
u need a better story? (good the story was borring,no offence cause i just liked the style)
read my story for my report(get an idea of the setting and the begginning)its written really strange for a reason...
you will have to add the ocarina of time idea for temples tho(i  was only aloud to write so much)

Link a courageous young child, lives in the Hidden Village. He lives in the Hidden Village, in the south-east, because the Hidden Village is safe. Link is very young but one day he wants to become a knight. Link likes to wear a green tunic, a long green hat, white pants, brown boots and brown gloves.A courageous young boy named Link lived in the Hidden Village.
     Link had to go to the castle to deliver a sword but a mysterious man appeared in the castle and this turned out to be an adventure. Link's grandpa told Link to deliver a sword to the king. Link's grandpa also gave Link a wooden shield to protect Link on his journey. As Link was walking to the castle he saw a mysterious man ride out of the castle on his horse. He seemed to be chasing a white horse. Unfortunately link could not see who was on the white horse because they were too far away. Link quickly ran after the people only to find himself useless. He tripped in to the mud, Link got up and set out to find..? Something in the direction of where the horse was going. This is the beginning of Links adventure to the castle.
   Link headed to the Temple of Time to complete the quest to find the people on the white horse. Link finally reached the Temple of Time but the door was locked.He then noticed the white horse in front of a cave. Link knew if he went in there he would find the courage within himself to open the door. Link heard a young girl call out for a person named Impa. There was a thud. Link quickly ran down to help. Grabbing the sword (he was supposed to deliver)  and his shield, he quickly struck the giant monster with his sword. Link got a good look at the monster. A giant spider, Armogohma. Link knew Armogohma was different from a Gohama but the one thing they had in commons was their weak point which is their giant eye. Armogohma was tunned for a moment. Link got a chance to look a round , he saw a girl dressed in  princess clothes and a shieka lying on the ground. While Link wasn't looking the giant spider attacked Link. Link knew he had a quest and he must finish it.
    Link was trying to defeat Armogohma so he could save the princess, but little did Link know he was the one who was going to save the land. Impa weakly told Link to attack Armogohma's smaller eyes to stun him. Link did what she said to do, Armogohma was stunned. Link quickly jumped on Armogohma and with all his might slammed his sword into Armogohma giant eye. A horrible screech filled the air, and Armogohma was dead. The screech made the cave start to crumble. Impa told link to follow Celda. That must be the princess. In a few moments they were outside like magic. The mysterious man was outside to meet Celda and Link. Celda told like to run into the Temple of Time and she would keep Ganondorf busy. Link didn't move. Link told Celda that he would protect her. Celda yelled at Link, GO! Ganondorf headed to attack Link with this broad sword. Link knew that Ganondorf was evil by his blood red hair, dark armor, and dark green-brown face. Celda pushed Link into the Temple of Time. The doors quickly closed. Link tried to get out and help Celda, but the doors were stuck. He looked around the temple. He could see another door farther down. Armogohma was defeated by Link and he also saved the princess.
     Link journeys through the Temple of Time looking for something to defeat Gannondorf with. Link finally got to the Door of Time. Something on Links hand started glowing. A gold triangle. Triangles above the Door of Time started glowing too, but there were three of them, Power, Wisdom, and Courage. The Tri-force. The Door of Time started shaking, it was open. There it was, the bane of all evil, the Master Sword. Link knows that if he pulls it, he will go ahead 7 years in to the future. Link doesn't need to go into the future but maybe if he pulled it from the other side he could stay the same. Link approached the Master Sword. In that instance seven people appeared. The Seven Sages. Rauru, the Sage of Light, Saria the Sage of Forest, Darunia Sage of Fire, Ruto the Sage of Water, Nabooru Sage of Spirit, and Impa the Sage of Shadow. Link noticed one was missing, Celda. Rauru told Link to pull the sword and what to do afterward. Challenge Ganondorf. Link grabbed the handle of the sword. The bane of evil within his hands, all he had to do was pull. LInk pulled it. A giant flash filled the room. Rauru said it was time. Another flash and Link appeared in front of a tall chained door way, except it was unlocked. In a moment the door opened.  Link saw Ganondorf. The room was large there was a giant throne with Celda chained to the triforce. The Temple of Time was the resting place for the master sword. The sword that would kill Ganondorf.
     It was time for Link to finish his quest and return home. Ganondorf, sitting on Celda's throne, got up. He laughed an evil laugh. Ganondorf wondered if Link could defeat him. Ganondorf laughed again. Link could hear him more clearly now, Courage cannot defeat power. Ganondorf muttered something. Ganondorf approached Link, Link grabbed his sword and Ganondorf grabbed his own quickly striking at link hitting him in the face. Link tried to attack but every time Ganondorf would block it. Link quickly jumped behind Ganondorf's back but Ganondorf was one step ahead of him and struck him in the stomach. There had to be a way to kill him. Link thought of the idea to wait for Ganondorf to attack and he dodged it, he could hurt him. Ganondorf quickly charged forward and Link quickly dodged. It was time. Link stabbed his sword with all his might into Ganondorf. It was over. Celda was magically released from her chains. Link told Celda that it was only a shadow of Ganondorf, and the real one has a true form.
     After defeating Shadow Ganondorf, Link returned home happy as ever. Link exited the castle but he realized he had to return the sword. Link forgot where the temple was. Out of nowhere a fairy appeared. The fairy was a blue ball with wings. The fairy greeted Link by saying hi. Link was very surprised to see a fairy because he thought they lived in the lost forest. The fairy told link her name, Navi. Navi also told Link to follow her. After a few minutes they were at the Temple of Time. Link walked into the temple but the sages were not there. Link asked Navi were they were. Navi told Link that they don't usually stay in their human form. Link pushed his sword into the Pedestal of Time. Link walked home to the hidden village. All the villagers were there to greet Link. The villagers asked Link were he had been. Link chuckled. Link was back home. His adventure was over, Or was it?

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 04:14:03 am »
  • Pichuscute
Thanks, skullkid rules, I like a lot of the things you have in that story and will change the neginning to be more like that.  (btw, the story was boring because I can't write and it wasn't meant to actually be good writing. I also had tried to keep the story from spoiling too much of the game. (there is actually much, much more to the game than what the story says, and it will get more different(grammer?) than OoT/Lttp/Tp after you get the two spiritual symbols.  I also have to work out how Link gets the fairy (which might be in the story, i can't remember).  But, I'm going to merge our two ideas to make as original as possible without having to change my idea too much, which most of it won't.  I'll add the new story in my next post and I'll edit my first post when its done.  If anyone else wants to contribute to the story, do it now before I start writing the story. I'm going to start writing in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:39:33 am by pichuscute »
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 02:25:51 am »
Thanks, skullkid rules, I like a lot of the things you have in that story and will change the neginning to be more like that.  (btw, the story was boring because I can't write and it wasn't meant to actually be good writing. I also had tried to keep the story from spoiling too much of the game. (there is actually much, much more to the game than what the story says, and it will get more different(grammer?) than OoT/Lttp/Tp after you get the two spiritual symbols.  I also have to work out how Link gets the fairy (which might be in the story, i can't remember).  But, I'm going to merge our two ideas to make as original as possible without having to change my idea too much, which most of it won't.  I'll add the new story in my next post and I'll edit my first post when its done.  If anyone else wants to contribute to the story, do it now before I start writing the story. I'm going to start writing in the morning.
Hey i know its sort of borring but i had to follow a emo style but hey it got an a+ but the point is get some ideas

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 03:04:44 am »
  • Pichuscute
yup, its givin me a bunch of ideas  XD so thx. but ive been lazy and havent rewritten the story yet, hold on peoples
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 01:44:32 am »
story may not be done but enemys and items galore.
maby you peoples will see a tutorial demo soon?

pichu you could probably have a early controlls demo right now...

• zfgc
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 03:42:03 am »
  • Pichuscute
I could but it would be too close to what dlbrooks engine was, I have3 limited computer time right now, but I will be adding some more enemies and weapons for testing and then make a demo. It will hopefully be soon.
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 02:57:56 am »
  • Pichuscute
Update kinda:
I've been away on vacation so I havent had time to work on this much. I'll hopefully get something done tomorrow. But anyway, I'm looking for someone to write me a completely new story for the game, I'm not very satisfied with the story right, and it seems as though you guys arent either, so I need someone to write me a new one. PM me if your interested. Also, I may post a small demo, even though it will probably be basicly dlbrooks engine with new graphics if you guys want me to. I still have to make some new areas first, though. Tell me if you guys want a demo now or if you want me to work on it more before I release a demo. Lastly, if anyone can help us sprite(or sprite alot of stuff in this style) or code bosses(in Gamemaker v7.0) for this game it would be loads of help since I don't know how to do either very well, and skullkid_rules has said that he can't help with boss codes. So ya.........
P.S. please, people post some C&C so I know what to change/fix/whatever, if you guys want this fan game to be better than it is now.
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 06:58:03 pm »
I sant wait for a demo  :)
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 01:51:57 pm »
Pichuscute are you still working on this, because I could give you some pointers. I could help you with a story, but more as an advisory role, because I don't have the time to work on it fulltime and I have my own projects to think about.

Before I can give you a good story, I would like to know more about the concept and what kind of dungeon rhythm you plan on using. You can still use the legend part of your first post. But here is maybe a usable plot start:

----------------

Link's grandfather is the keeper of the ceremonial sword, which is used every year in the festival. But his grandfather is to ill this year to bring the sword to Hyrule Castle and as Link has come of age, his grandfather asks Link to take the sword. Link goes to the festival and gives the ceremonial sword to the ceremony master. The grand ceremony begins and the King arrives, with next to him princess Zelda and his sinister adviser [Ganon or someone else]. After the grand ceremony Link gets the ceremonial sword back and returns to home. [You can let Link go home immediatly or have a distraction on his way].

When Link returns home, he see that his village has been attacked and that those who didn't go to Hyrule Castle were cleaning up the mess. Speaking with the villagers he hears that his grandfather, even in his ill state tried to fend off the attackers (monsters according to the villagers, Moblins according to his grandfather [grandpa has some inside knowledge]) and is now dying. Link goes to his grandfather and he hears the story of the old heroes and how he is a descendant from a group of Hylians who always guarded the Golden Power. Link is one of the two last members of this group. His grandfather then tells him that the coming off moblins is a sure sign that the evil shadow is returning once more. His last wish is for Link to search out the other final member of the guardians and protect the Golden Power from the evil. Link can find the last member [Zelda] somewhere in Hyrule Castle. His grandfather then dies.

Link goes to Hyrule Castle and sneaks around until he finds Zelda. She tells him that the ceremonial sword is not only a sword, but also the key to the sword of evils bane. She then sets Link on a quest for through the dungeons.

----------------

blah blah blah. I know it has a inspiration from ALttP and MC, so sue me. For more stories I need to know what you want to collect exactly. Spiritual stones? Triforce Parts? Also are you using two worlds and how are these worlds separated?

Some advice about the graphics. If you want to make a story in the Style of ALttP/TP then I don't think MC style will suite the game. Minish Cap has a relative brightly colored Pallet, which makes for some lighter stories, with a bit of humor and fun, like the Minish Cap, Wind Waker and the Oracle Series. For a somewhat darker story I would suggest you take the ALttP style. Or at least the color pallet. It allows for a more darker setting.

About extra weapons. I would first get the red line of your story complete and the themes of the dungeons before making a choice on which. You can better choose weapons based on the puzzles in the dungeons and overworld, instead of building your dungeons around them.

About your fairies, I have always like the OOT simplicity and you OOT version has a but to much detail and to little. But I shouldn't worry about that just yet.

I hope to see a demo soon, if your still working on it.

u need a better story? (good the story was borring,no offence cause i just liked the style)
read my story for my report(get an idea of the setting and the begginning)its written really strange for a reason...
you will have to add the ocarina of time idea for temples tho(i  was only aloud to write so much)

Link a courageous young child, lives in the Hidden Village. He lives in the Hidden Village, in the south-east, because the Hidden Village is safe. Link is very young but one day he wants to become a knight. Link likes to wear a green tunic, a long green hat, white pants, brown boots and brown gloves.A courageous young boy named Link lived in the Hidden Village.
     Link had to go to the castle to deliver a sword but a mysterious man appeared in the castle and this turned out to be an adventure. Link's grandpa told Link to deliver a sword to the king. Link's grandpa also gave Link a wooden shield to protect Link on his journey. As Link was walking to the castle he saw a mysterious man ride out of the castle on his horse. He seemed to be chasing a white horse. Unfortunately link could not see who was on the white horse because they were too far away. Link quickly ran after the people only to find himself useless. He tripped in to the mud, Link got up and set out to find..? Something in the direction of where the horse was going. This is the beginning of Links adventure to the castle.
   Link headed to the Temple of Time to complete the quest to find the people on the white horse. Link finally reached the Temple of Time but the door was locked.He then noticed the white horse in front of a cave. Link knew if he went in there he would find the courage within himself to open the door. Link heard a young girl call out for a person named Impa. There was a thud. Link quickly ran down to help. Grabbing the sword (he was supposed to deliver)  and his shield, he quickly struck the giant monster with his sword. Link got a good look at the monster. A giant spider, Armogohma. Link knew Armogohma was different from a Gohama but the one thing they had in commons was their weak point which is their giant eye. Armogohma was tunned for a moment. Link got a chance to look a round , he saw a girl dressed in  princess clothes and a shieka lying on the ground. While Link wasn't looking the giant spider attacked Link. Link knew he had a quest and he must finish it.
    Link was trying to defeat Armogohma so he could save the princess, but little did Link know he was the one who was going to save the land. Impa weakly told Link to attack Armogohma's smaller eyes to stun him. Link did what she said to do, Armogohma was stunned. Link quickly jumped on Armogohma and with all his might slammed his sword into Armogohma giant eye. A horrible screech filled the air, and Armogohma was dead. The screech made the cave start to crumble. Impa told link to follow Celda. That must be the princess. In a few moments they were outside like magic. The mysterious man was outside to meet Celda and Link. Celda told like to run into the Temple of Time and she would keep Ganondorf busy. Link didn't move. Link told Celda that he would protect her. Celda yelled at Link, GO! Ganondorf headed to attack Link with this broad sword. Link knew that Ganondorf was evil by his blood red hair, dark armor, and dark green-brown face. Celda pushed Link into the Temple of Time. The doors quickly closed. Link tried to get out and help Celda, but the doors were stuck. He looked around the temple. He could see another door farther down. Armogohma was defeated by Link and he also saved the princess.
     Link journeys through the Temple of Time looking for something to defeat Gannondorf with. Link finally got to the Door of Time. Something on Links hand started glowing. A gold triangle. Triangles above the Door of Time started glowing too, but there were three of them, Power, Wisdom, and Courage. The Tri-force. The Door of Time started shaking, it was open. There it was, the bane of all evil, the Master Sword. Link knows that if he pulls it, he will go ahead 7 years in to the future. Link doesn't need to go into the future but maybe if he pulled it from the other side he could stay the same. Link approached the Master Sword. In that instance seven people appeared. The Seven Sages. Rauru, the Sage of Light, Saria the Sage of Forest, Darunia Sage of Fire, Ruto the Sage of Water, Nabooru Sage of Spirit, and Impa the Sage of Shadow. Link noticed one was missing, Celda. Rauru told Link to pull the sword and what to do afterward. Challenge Ganondorf. Link grabbed the handle of the sword. The bane of evil within his hands, all he had to do was pull. LInk pulled it. A giant flash filled the room. Rauru said it was time. Another flash and Link appeared in front of a tall chained door way, except it was unlocked. In a moment the door opened.  Link saw Ganondorf. The room was large there was a giant throne with Celda chained to the triforce. The Temple of Time was the resting place for the master sword. The sword that would kill Ganondorf.
     It was time for Link to finish his quest and return home. Ganondorf, sitting on Celda's throne, got up. He laughed an evil laugh. Ganondorf wondered if Link could defeat him. Ganondorf laughed again. Link could hear him more clearly now, Courage cannot defeat power. Ganondorf muttered something. Ganondorf approached Link, Link grabbed his sword and Ganondorf grabbed his own quickly striking at link hitting him in the face. Link tried to attack but every time Ganondorf would block it. Link quickly jumped behind Ganondorf's back but Ganondorf was one step ahead of him and struck him in the stomach. There had to be a way to kill him. Link thought of the idea to wait for Ganondorf to attack and he dodged it, he could hurt him. Ganondorf quickly charged forward and Link quickly dodged. It was time. Link stabbed his sword with all his might into Ganondorf. It was over. Celda was magically released from her chains. Link told Celda that it was only a shadow of Ganondorf, and the real one has a true form.
     After defeating Shadow Ganondorf, Link returned home happy as ever. Link exited the castle but he realized he had to return the sword. Link forgot where the temple was. Out of nowhere a fairy appeared. The fairy was a blue ball with wings. The fairy greeted Link by saying hi. Link was very surprised to see a fairy because he thought they lived in the lost forest. The fairy told link her name, Navi. Navi also told Link to follow her. After a few minutes they were at the Temple of Time. Link walked into the temple but the sages were not there. Link asked Navi were they were. Navi told Link that they don't usually stay in their human form. Link pushed his sword into the Pedestal of Time. Link walked home to the hidden village. All the villagers were there to greet Link. The villagers asked Link were he had been. Link chuckled. Link was back home. His adventure was over, Or was it?

Skullkid_rules. A nice story, but it reads more like a fan fiction instead of a fan game. Except the first paragraph. That doesn't read at all. Your using about four sentences to tell the same thing over and over again. That Link lives in the Hidden Village. For the rest it is a good story.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 10:00:13 pm »
  • Pichuscute
I'm sorry, I let this die cuz I lost everything for it. Forgot about it too. Can't remember if I ever sent skullkid the gm6/7/k but if I did, can you send me it and we can continue it again.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 08:11:23 am »
That's to bad. It seems like a nice game. I always backup my files, by burning them to a disc. Too bad.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 09:51:57 am »
Dude just start again if you liked making it.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 01:36:29 am »
  • Pichuscute
I would have to resprite everything, I just don't have the time or experience to restart. I was using a few engines that I lost as well. BTW, I couldn't back it up cuz I was out of CD's and we had to completely erase everythign on our computer to fix it(meaning I couldn't get on to back it up anyway :( ) It sux, I know, and I'm sorry. But if Skullkid has the file, then I'll be more then happy to start again ;).
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 12:14:56 am »
  • Pichuscute
BTW, I may restart in the summer. I don't think skullkid will be back anytime soon, though. I just want to finish the game I'm currently working on (and actually backing up) first. Oh,and I visit here every day about, so you can still post suggestions and whatnot and I'll answer them.
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 10:03:56 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Update: skullkid rules pmed me back saying he does have the file for the game. Once I get it from him, I can continue work on this.
I have a problem, though. I can't pm him back for some reason....It says he doesn't exist?! Can someone fix that?
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 08:44:26 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Alright!
So, I have just come across the original dlbrooks engine that I was working off of on the GM forums (someone reuploaded it).

This means that I can restart this game.

However, I'm currently busy with another project and will be for the next two months (GM Competition06), so this won't be started on much until afterwards.

After that, this will get my full attention again.

So, yup, that means I get to start spriting more of that old ZFGC style. XD

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to GM anymore, yay!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:48:35 pm by pichuscute »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Celestial Truth [Restar...
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 09:21:44 pm »
Cool, the game certainly looks interesting.
You also might want to make sure the menu is over the fog overlay.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Celestial Truth [Restar...
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 11:03:57 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Yup, had fixed as soon as someone said something the first time as well. Simple fix.

:)

EDIT: Looking back, I was a complete moron with both my posts here and about GM at the time I was trying to make this. Pretty embarassing, haha.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:46:41 pm by pichuscute »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 76 queries.

anything