Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photograms  (Read 1117 times)

Photograms
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:07:02 pm »
Im not sure where this is meant to go so I hope this is the right place. I just thought I might let people have a look at what I've been doing in my photography classes.

A photogram is a photographic image made (without a camera) by placing objects directly onto the surface of a photo-sensitive material such as photographic paper and then exposing it to light.

This one below is made up of objects from my room, and i also used acetate (see-through paper type thing) and wrote my name on it with permanent ink, but as you can see that wasnt very effective:

The next one is simply made up of magazine pages which i'd cut up and you are able to see both sides of the paper as the light shines through it:

& the third one didnt go quite as i expected it to. I exposed it to light twice (double-exposure), the first time with the necklace, buttons and beads and the second time I took away those and placed my water bottle where the beads had been. If you look closely you can see the outline of the bottle and on the white beads you can see the writing from the label of the bottle:
Re: Photograms
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 04:21:32 pm »
  • Lul
Cool effects! All three of them are nice but I have to say that the middle one is
my favorite XD I have never tried this before, but it sounds fun and interesting!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 04:39:39 pm »
Cool! :D
It must be fun to do this sort of thing. Isn't it?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:43:21 pm »
Cool! :D
It must be fun to do this sort of thing. Isn't it?

Yeah it's really cool :D the most fun thing to do is bumbling around in the DarkRoom (a dark room where you develop the pictures and such where no light apart from red light is allowed otherwise it exposes your pictures when you dont want them to be exposed). We havent got proper red lights at the moment, so we're just using a tiny red lamp and some tiny red torches ... :P
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 04:53:47 pm »
:O awesome work there franki. I should of taken photography. It seems far more interesting then ICT >_>
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 04:57:31 pm »
:O awesome work there franki. I should of taken photography. It seems far more interesting then ICT >_>

apparently it gets a LOT more complicated ... but its good at the moment :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 50 queries.

anything