Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which Character Should have been in Brawl but wasn't?

Geno
- 11 (26.8%)
Mega Man
- 23 (56.1%)
Ridley
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: March 15, 2008, 02:43:08 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Character Should be in SSBB?  (Read 9499 times)

Re: Which Character Should be in SSBB?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2008, 03:15:07 am »
  • :D

Megaman is unsuitable as well. He's never been particularly iconic-

LOLWUT?  Are you kidding?  Megaman is one of the most iconic game characters ever O_o  Yeah, he's faded quite a bit recently, but he' still very popular and instantly recognizable.

I'm not exactly a megaman fan (never played much of the games), but I'm sure he would fit in fine.

I don't know enough about metroid/ridley to really form an opinion-- all I can say is that the "size" argument is a moot point-- look at olimar.  his character is supposed to be ONE INCH TALL.

I still think Travis Touchdown would be a nice character :D (I also really wish that baby bowser was in the game D:)
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 04:40:19 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

LOLWUT?  Are you kidding?  Megaman is one of the most iconic game characters ever O_o  Yeah, he's faded quite a bit recently, but he' still very popular and instantly recognizable.

I'm not exactly a megaman fan (never played much of the games), but I'm sure he would fit in fine.

I don't know enough about metroid/ridley to really form an opinion-- all I can say is that the "size" argument is a moot point-- look at olimar.  his character is supposed to be ONE INCH TALL.

I still think Travis Touchdown would be a nice character :D (I also really wish that baby bowser was in the game D:)
Hells no. He doesn't deserve to be in smash ever he's not important to Nintendo at all.
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 04:51:30 am »
I would have to say from that list that Megaman would have been a nice character.

In general though, the only thing that I really disliked about Brawl besides the internet being choppy through it, was that there was no obscure character that you could unlock. The inclusion of Marth and Roy springboarded the Fire Emblem series to a level of where it was better known. An Advance Wars character, a Custom Robo character (Ray Mk preferably), or hell even Saki Amamiya from Sin & Punishment should have been in. I mean if Nintendo did that, there would be better sales for the obscure games.
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2008, 04:53:27 am »
  • :D

Hells no. He doesn't deserve to be in smash ever he's not important to Nintendo at all.
Er... So?  Neither is Snake-- doesn't mean they wouldn't be a cool character :P
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 05:11:22 am »
I haven't read through this entire topic yet so someone may have already mentioned this, but...  What say ye about Gordan Freeman?  Or even just a crowbar as a weapon?  I would !@#$% my pants with glee.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

alirazaq

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 05:28:02 am »
Why was this topic made? It's only going to !@#$% people off. They will just be disappointed in HAL (or Sora whatever) for not putting those characters in and it solves absolutely nothing.
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2008, 05:33:04 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

Er... So?  Neither is Snake-- doesn't mean they wouldn't be a cool character :P
If only people important to Nintendo are playable in Smash Bros. Brawl.
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2008, 07:22:37 am »
You can't say a character "deserves" to be in Brawl. Also, Ridley will never be in period. He's not a character, but a boss, a monster, nothing more. Bowser on the other hand is a character, who talks, has a story around him and appears in Mario games tons, not once or twice as a boss. I'd like to see Ridley as a boss, though. Like in the Melee opening. Or perhaps an assist trophy. He just doesn't have any personality or flair about him. Other than ZOMGZ LOOK HOW AWESOME HE IS!!

Megaman is unsuitable as well. He's never been particularly iconic- he's more of a second rate character who's never been in any outstanding games or influenced anything.

Geno. One game. He was in one game.

[/any input from me in this thread]

Bowser's character? He wants to kidnap princess Peach. In various games his motives vary slightly. Ridley has a far more detailed (though sometimes confusing) past. It's not right out there, but Nintendo has established him as one of the space pirate leaders and Samus' most dedicated rival. In addition the Prime games examined him closer (even giving him various iterations). In the opening of Corruption he's obviously looking for Samus is particular...there are plenty of other bounty hunters to chase down, but he's on her the whole time. Raving monster or not, he does have a character, at least enough of one to land him a spot in a Smash game.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2008, 11:35:14 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I haven't read through this entire topic yet so someone may have already mentioned this, but...  What say ye about Gordan Freeman?  Or even just a crowbar as a weapon?  I would !@#$% my pants with glee.

lolololol. That'd be cool, but it'd never happen XD

1. Just because well, he wouldn't fit, but it would be awesome D:
2. Valve wouldn't want to show his "face". (Even though they fully have a model in HL1 :P)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2008, 01:42:07 am »
  • w00t
Mega Man would make more sense, but I'm a huge SMRPG fanboy so I'm gonna have to go with Geno for no real reason >_>
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 58 queries.

anything