Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thieves' Hideout  (Read 5666 times)

Thieves' Hideout
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
This is kinda how I've always thought of the hideout combined with a little bit of Blaze Big Bang's ideas in his topic here. I agree with him that living in a big house is fine, and makes sense considering how plot-relevant the place is, as well as how many people live there.

The way our Hyrule town developed is that it started with just the market, then grew out a little bit. When large population expansion happened, someone had the idea to drain the (very large) moat to facilitate growth. Some development was done there, but as it worked out, since this was in a previous moat and therefore a less attractive place to live, the poorer of hyrule ended up moving down here. Therefore, the area decayed more and more as the stratification between the haves and have-nots grew. What were previously middle-class type buildings fell into disrepair, and many flimsy ramshackle buildings were erected.

Anyway, about the layout for the Thieves' Hideout: this was once a nicer building, but long ago fell into disrepair. Farin found it abandoned, as many buildings in the slums are. The first floor is mainly a bedroom for the many kids who live here, although a kitchen/eating area is shoved into an octagonal tower space. There are a few shelves with miscellany that the kids have picked up, as well as some cupboards for dishes.

Upstairs, there's a hallway that has kid activities going on, for example a kid might be on the floor drawing on something he found or playing with something, or maybe some kids are playing tag. There's a small study in the octagonal room where Farin has amassed as many books as he can over the years he's been in Hyrule, where he studies to try to find information about Ganon. You can walk over the rafters above the first floor, and if you have the skills, get to something cool at the end. There is also access to the roof by going out one of the windows, or perhaps through a ladder somewhere (this option is not pictured. I just didn't think of it 'till now :p)

I liked Blaze's idea of a secret tunnel under a bed, but I don't know why they'd have that or where it would go.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:44:15 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
Re: Thieves' Hideout
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
This is pretty good, I just think it needs to be a bit more banged up on the inside.  I picture there being some things like broken support beams here and there.  Looks like some of the windows are missing on the second floor as well :P There are 3 on top in the outside image, but only 1 on the inside. 

Now, whats this about a secret passage under a bed?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah, I agree with you there. I think more rafters will be missing, depending on how we want to make an agility puzzle to get to something up there we'll alter that. Obviously there will be jumping but maybe you need wallrunning to get to some part of it. I kinda like that idea because you'd be able to see the prize at the very beginning of the game, but I think wallrunning is one of the last thief moves you can get.

And yeah, the windows were an oversight. Pretend there are two more on the second floor interior, where they make sense :p

The secret passage under the bed was a reference to Blaze Big Bang's topic on this house, which was almost the same as mine, so I figured I should give him some credit there, it probably influenced me to some extent a while ago. But he had a secret passage under Link's bed that went into a tunnel. I mean, that's cool (and reminds me of a series of unfortunate events), but I don't know what purpose it could possibly serve. If we think of a good reason, i.e., Farin built it as an escape should Ganon ever find him, and it leads into the sewers and to some prize after a puzzle or two, then we should put it in. I mean, it is a cool idea.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Yeah, the secret passage I thought it more like "we're thieves, we need a quick escape if they found our hideout" or so.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:25:34 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Just as an fyi, the map editor is in a primitive but usable-tile ready state.  So I'm gonna see if I can put this together in game.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 50 queries.