Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey guys, remember River City Ransom and Nintendo World Cup?  (Read 1320 times)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
Hey guys, remember River City Ransom and Nintend...
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:36:33 pm »
Yeah, both games used the same graphics and sprites, and I actually like them. Both games from the NES, both fun for the time back then. Here, a quick reminder.

River City Ransom:

Nintendo World Cup:

Well, guess what. Recently, I found this by coincidence, a game for the Nintendo DS.

It's... Chou Nekketsu Koukou Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu. Great !@#$% name, huh? Way spiffier than "Dauntaun Nekketsu Monogatari" (River City Ransom's name) or "Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu: Soccer Hen" (Nintendo World Cup's name), huh?

Wait, what?

After some research even while writing this article, I found this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunio-kun_%28series%29

The Kunio-kun series (くにおくんシリーズ, The Kunio-kun series?) is a video game franchise started by Technos, the company that made the Double Dragon franchise. (...)

Western video game players who grew up with the NES knew the game series through Renegade, River City Ransom, Super Dodge Ball, Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge and Nintendo World Cup, which were heavily localized versions of the Kunio-kun games. Technos Japan has released over twenty Kunio-kun titles for the Famicom, Game Boy and Super Famicom in Japan.

HOLY JESUS

My mind is blown. I don't know about you. I don't even care. This topic was most educating for me before I
even POSTED it.

I'm glad to find something from my childhood and see that it's still being worked with. And what was actually behind it.

!@#$% THIS IS LIKE THE TIME WHEN I REALIZED THAT HEIDI IS ACTUALLY AN ANIMU
  • Me on deviantART

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Hey guys, remember River City Ransom and Nin...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:25:07 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Eh, lol I've actually known about this, I didnt realize it was so widely unknown o.0

Fox

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:35:36 am »
Eh, lol I've actually known about this, I didnt realize it was so widely unknown o.0
It's probably a "We Euros know less than you do", like bugs in cans.

Hmmmmm.

By the way, the game is a bit confusing. Dodge-ball, that is. From what I know, you hit one of the opposing team and when he gets hit, he runs to the outer ring of the other side. He doesn't DIE when he gets hit like five times.

Japan is such a hilarious country sometimes.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 04:22:06 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
...hot-blooded butterfly highschool kunio-kun dodgeball.  I believe that's what the title translates to. I lol'd.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:06:57 pm »
  • b e p i s
Yeah, there are numerous games with the main characters, including one Olympic style game that takes place in River City. How do I know this? My friend had a Dreamcast emulator with tons of NES games that I borrowed for one entire, boring summer a few years back. It was in the Japanese releases section :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Fox

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 01:03:58 am »
...hot-blooded butterfly highschool kunio-kun dodgeball.  I believe that's what the title translates to. I lol'd.
Yeah. Except make it "Tough guy" instead of "Butterfly".
  • Me on deviantART
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 50 queries.

anything