Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVGN SUSPENDED!  (Read 4689 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: AVGN SUSPENDED!
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 01:50:40 pm »
  • The Mike
Most of his fans are idiots though. Such is life. Things get famous, morons start loving it, and instantly it's cool to hate it. Might not be the exact case with this here since even I agree with the flaws that you people stated, but I see some similarities.
Yo guy! I'm not an idiot so watch what you're saying or you might get on some people's nerves which you have done right now which is really annoying due to the fact you think that the fans are idiots which some of them are but I'm not because I'm too smart to be an idiot and you basically called me an idiot which is not cool at all so you better apologize about me being an idiot for being a fan or else or something.

Reread that.

Look at the keyword there.

Fox made an excellent point.
True but one of those could be me so you can't be too certain.

• Zelda Eternity

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 01:59:53 pm »
Most of his fans are idiots though. Such is life. Things get famous, morons start loving it, and instantly it's cool to hate it. Might not be the exact case with this here since even I agree with the flaws that you people stated, but I see some similarities.
Yo guy! I'm not an idiot so watch what you're saying or you might get on some people's nerves which you have done right now which is really annoying due to the fact you think that the fans are idiots which some of them are but I'm not because I'm too smart to be an idiot and you basically called me an idiot which is not cool at all so you better apologize about me being an idiot for being a fan or else or something.

Reread that.

Look at the keyword there.

Fox made an excellent point.
True but one of those could be me so you can't be too certain.
Saying one of those could be you is basically saying that you could be stupid. Which makes you stupid for not knowing if you are stupid or not. :P

EDIT: Reading from the first page, I hope the IRATE Gamer gets banned cause his videos aren't funny whatsoever and he bugs me. :(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:04:14 pm by luigi »
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 07:30:22 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
The people that don't find him funny are saying "He just swears and gets laughs that way." Actually, that was only in his earlier videos. The new ones he barely swears more than any average person, except the one running-gag of having a ridiculous swear at one point, such as "I'd rather shove my head up a unicorn's ass." He doesn't constantly repeat it, making it funny.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 07:49:21 pm »
Simply swearing a lot does not make something funny, but thankfully the AVGN is generally a well written and well produced "show". A lot of his observations are very clever, and being an aspiring filmmaker myself, I can appreciate the effort he puts into editing his clips. The montages, the "host segments", and the funny use of repetition (see the Silver Surfer episode for a great example) all make for a pretty original show.

I also enjoy that he is in character as it makes it more than a simple review, but rather a showcase of acting talent. It's also evident that James really knows his pop culture and I'm always impressed by his references and general movie/game knowledge. The only downside? I'm not a huge fan of most of the over-the-top "guest appearances". Some are fun, but recently they've taken up too much time when I'd rather see him picking apart crappy games.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 07:50:59 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
Simply swearing a lot does not make something funny, but thankfully the AVGN is generally a well written and well produced "show". A lot of his observations are very clever, and being an aspiring filmmaker myself, I can appreciate the effort he puts into editing his clips. The montages, the "host segments", and the funny use of repetition (see the Silver Surfer episode for a great example) all make for a pretty original show.

I also enjoy that he is in character as it makes it more than a simple review, but rather a showcase of acting talent. It's also evident that James really knows his pop culture and I'm always impressed by his references and general movie/game knowledge. The only downside? I'm not a huge fan of most of the over-the-top "guest appearances". Some are fun, but recently they've taken up too much time when I'd rather see him picking apart crappy games.

Very well said.  :D

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 04:52:54 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
EDIT: Reading from the first page, I hope the IRATE Gamer gets banned cause his videos aren't funny whatsoever and he bugs me. :(
For some reason, YouTube saw his videos and decided to make him a YouTube partner. All he does is rip-off other reviewers. There used to be tons of videos showcasing this, but whenever someone posts a video calling him out on it with proof, the IrateGamer has their videos removed for "Copyright Infringement."
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 02:00:04 am »

mmm, right on the money.

except for when he beat the !@#$% out of bugs bunny, I had no idea I hated bugs bunny so much until he got his ass kicked
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 49 queries.