Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Recruiting] Recruiting a team. (Updated with "Opening" Video)  (Read 6001 times)

[Recruiting] Recruiting a team. (Updated with "O...
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:05:11 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21soXmS7nc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21soXmS7nc</a>

Introduction

Long ago, there existed a land where a golden power lay hidden.
It was a cursed land blessed with nothing else than rocks and dark mountains.
Many brave warriors aggressively sought to enter the hidden Golden Land to get a hold of this golden power... but none ever returned.
But one day evil power began to flow from the Golden Land.
A man of great evil had found the golden power and taken it for himself...
With its strength at his command, he spread darkness across the prosperous kingdom known as Hyrule, blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace.
But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand...
a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he traveled between these two dimensions and sealed the dark one away and gave the land of Hyrule light.
This boy, who traveled through dimensions, was known as the Hero of Past.
The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
But then... a day came when a new breeze began to blow across the kingdom.
The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed by the hero...
once again crept forth from the depths of the earth eager to resume its dark designs.
The people believed that the Hero of Past would again come to save them.
...But the hero did not appear.
Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing but appeal to the gods.
In their last hours, as doom drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate.
What became of that kingdom? None remained who knew.
The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived to be told.
In the new Hyrule, it became customary for the annual ceremony, to dress up as the legend.
Clothed in the green of fields, they reflected the legend who cast down evil.
But the elders wished only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend if evil was to raise again...

Hello.

I've got 13 years of experience in tile- and sprite-design and think it's time to start visualizing my (and many others') dream of creating the ultimate "Zelda III" fan-game. For this to go the way I want, I need some help of course.
This is because I'm almost completely out biking when it comes to programming. Below this text I have written down some people I think are important right now to gather and create the team I have in mind.

1) Programmers, hackers or whatever to get an engine up and going.
2) Someone who can assist me with multi-tile and -sprite design.
3) Someone who can sample music from other Zelda games, so it sounds good for this of course.
4) Level designer. Really important to get creative on this one since I'm aiming for a few layers on top of eachother.
5) Someone who has been in the business for a while with the pen. English is unfortunately not my first language and I need someone to assist me at the writing department. I already have a quiet solid synopsis written.
6) I'll probably need some creative brains for dungeon puzzles as well.

I think this is what we need right now. If you think I have left something out, let me know. Do not be afraid to contact me at; (Qu3-production@hotmail.com) for more information.

I prefer that you use MSN so we can quickly and easily can communicate and pass files between each other. This is no doubt a long-term project so be prepared to work hard and have a great time during it.

EXTRAS

You may wonder why this game isn't like any other Zelda III rom-heck? Well, I've been thinking strongly about going over from 32-bit to 256 colors. That is to say, that I have designed own sheets with higher resolution, more depth and shadows etc. I have designed some bosses with sheets and, yeah, quite a lot actually. Made previews and alot of other stuff! Haha. Yeah, in 13 years there is enough time to create things like that. Some things will be upgraded and made over again. But you get the hint!

- Enjoy, and thanks in advance! :)

Aeranima
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:38:06 pm by Aeranima »
Re: [Recruiting] Recruiting a team. (Updated wit...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:31:33 am »
I don't think that I'd be able to help you; I mostly just noticed you had posted this topic and have been looking at it for a few days with no one else posting in it. I was also wondering if the images you posted were just mockups or were from previously working code or something.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:36:31 am »
I don't think that I'd be able to help you; I mostly just noticed you had posted this topic and have been looking at it for a few days with no one else posting in it. I was also wondering if the images you posted were just mockups or were from previously working code or something.

I made the video in Adobe After Effects. Just a quicky to show what I have in mind. I made the screens by the tiles I have created. No engine used. (:

Aeranima.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 06:04:24 pm »
Still looking for people. Don't be affraid to question if you have something in mind.

A
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 03:38:34 pm »
Question:  Do you have permission from tSR to use their cloud image in your game?  I thought it looked familiar.
I'm not here to be the DICK but you may want to find out if it is free to use.  tSR can be aholes when it comes to image use.

Just looking out for you.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 05:45:02 pm »
So, you leave ZFGC and haven't been back since about 1 minute after I made that post?
I was trying to help the guy out.  Some of you know how tSR is.

Seems suspicious to me.  If he comes back, I wish him good luck and hope he shows some actual gameplay.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:45:47 pm »
Dude, it has been only 3 days. And it is doubtful he will show gameplay, because he spent 13 years creating the tiles and he is in desperate need of a programmer.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:43:05 pm »
Dude, it has been only 3 days. And it is doubtful he will show gameplay, because he spent 13 years creating the tiles and he is in desperate need of a programmer.
lol Do I smell sarcasm?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 10:21:01 pm »
By googling it seems this guy has been trying to work on this game or whatever for the past few years.

XD at him running off when TFS asked about the cloud

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 11:58:52 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...

Or maybe he just though it was pointless because nobody here seems to be willing to help him out, but instead are making fun of him... Which is a shame really, because this actually looks pretty good.  I wish I could help, but I barely have time for my own projects currently.  Regardless of if he currently has permission for the clouds in his quick mock up, there has obviously been a lot of thought and work put into this.  I wish you the best man!  It is sad though that someone can't come to a place like "Zelda fan Game Central" with a promising Zelda fan game to get help...  Unfortunate a project of this magnitude would take a LOT of time which unfortunately many of us here don't seem to have.  Personally, if you can't get any help I would recommend starting to look into programming yourself.  Game Maker 8 is very straight forward, doesn't cost very much, and would probably be the easiest to start on, and if you have any questions about how to program something then you can ask those of us here to help out with your specific question.  There is also a topic on the "Game Maker Community" called "Novice and Intermediate Users" which is a good way to get help with programming questions.  I have had many questions resolved there and typically they are answered pretty quickly.  Best of luck man!

http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker - Game Maker 8
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/ - Game Maker Community
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showforum=2 - Novice and Intermediate Users
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 01:12:41 am »

Or maybe he just though it was pointless because nobody here seems to be willing to help him out, but instead are making fun of him... Which is a shame really, because this actually looks pretty good.  I wish I could help, but I barely have time for my own projects currently.  Regardless of if he currently has permission for the clouds in his quick mock up, there has obviously been a lot of thought and work put into this.  I wish you the best man!  It is sad though that someone can't come to a place like "Zelda fan Game Central" with a promising Zelda fan game to get help...  Unfortunate a project of this magnitude would take a LOT of time which unfortunately many of us here don't seem to have.  Personally, if you can't get any help I would recommend starting to look into programming yourself.  Game Maker 8 is very straight forward, doesn't cost very much, and would probably be the easiest to start on, and if you have any questions about how to program something then you can ask those of us here to help out with your specific question.  There is also a topic on the "Game Maker Community" called "Novice and Intermediate Users" which is a good way to get help with programming questions.  I have had many questions resolved there and typically they are answered pretty quickly.  Best of luck man!

http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker - Game Maker 8
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/ - Game Maker Community
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showforum=2 - Novice and Intermediate Users

No one's really making fun of him, if you think that's being made fun of, or enough to run off, get a thicker skin bro.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 06:46:00 am »
lol Do I smell sarcasm?
Nope, it is something I read in the OP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 61 queries.

anything