Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Tester and/or gamplay recording  (Read 3967 times)

[Request] Tester and/or gamplay recording
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:02:47 am »
With the holidays coming up I plan to spend more time improving my fangame. For this I need playerinput and though this topic I'd like to invite anybody willing to play (and record) a testversion of my game. Though this I hope to find out what issues others encounter so that I may adress them. I'm talking about getting information on glitches, framerates on different machines and how people experience puzzles and the level of difficulty. More help is always welcome, but I don't want to ask for too much here.
On a final note: we will be working with a testversion of the game so some areas you'll encounter might still need work, though that's kind of the point XD.

Contact me if you are interested. I can produce a testerdemo in about a day.

For those that do not yet know, I'm talking about the following project:
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33701.0
Re: [Request] Tester and/or gamplay recording
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:17:44 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Martijn. Have you received any help yet? I just got Bandicam, and it is far superior to Fraps in every way, so I can easily record gameplay at any quality, size, etc., that I want. However, I don't think I can spend too much time testing, so my help would be minimal.

Were you wanting someone to record to capture bugs and glitches, or were you looking for someone to make a trailer for you as well? Or do you want both of those things?

I have Windows 7 64-bit
3.11 GHZ dual-core CPU
Nvidia GTX 260 GPU
4 GB DDR3 1337 ram (ok, it's actually 1333, but I felt like saying "1337")

It's not a super great PC anymore, as it represents a fairly standard low-mid-range home computer nowadays.
  • My Music

thestig

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:36:55 am »
Windows 7 x64, ArchLinux x64
Intel Core i7-3770k @ 3.4ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7770
12GB DDR3-1333mhz RAM

I'll be happy to test on both machines as well. Though I would be a bad example for low-end.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 08:19:11 am »
Thank you both. I'll start whipping up a new private playable demo later today.

Basically I'm looking for any kind of feedback on gameplay and performance I can get and the recording of a play session is a rich way of getting that. I get to see how someone actually encounters and handles puzzles and how he/she experiences the difficulty. Aside from that I can also spot smaller issues someone encounters that they might not even recognize as issues themselves. Going one step further and building a trailer would be great, but only do it if you feel like it I'd say. If anybody wants to help without recording anything then I'm also greatly helped with written feedback on the game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.958 seconds with 45 queries.