Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident Evil 4  (Read 1984 times)

Resident Evil 4
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:15:17 am »
Well, I just bought RE4 today. I must say, I'm quite impressed. I'm fighting the giant ogre thing currently. The irony is, I hate shooters, and I love this game. I also hate scary movies, yet I love some, and I love this game. Its weird. Anyways, I got it used at gamestop and they gave me a DVD case! wtf! I had an old GCN case, so I used it. They also gave me one of those default covers with the stupid cartoons on em. So, I spent two hours printing this out to near perfect size.

CPP told me a while back that a full page = different amount of pixels for printers. So I found mine, and after trial and error came up with these resolutions. The front and back are 447x577; the siding being 87(I think?)x577. I printed em, and keep em in place with the used sticker; which also covers up the chop off of the side i did to make the front cover fit (it wasnt until after that i tried 447.)
The side was a pain in the ass though. No one had a scan of it. I finally just resized the logo via photoshop and printed it. Ironically, I forgot about the gamecube symbol and was like "why doesnt this look right?" then looked at other cases. I didnt wanna reprint it, and the crappy cover from before had the gamecube symbol. So I cut it off and glued it on :D I think i did okay. <3
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
Re: Resident Evil 4
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:19:40 am »
Yeah... the game is awesome.  As for the insert you made for it... http://www.covergalaxy.com/GameCube/Resident+Evil+4/Cover/
Well the wind that blows, it's blowing colder.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 04:22:10 am »
dang. if only i had that earlier. rofl.

[...Ninjas...]

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 06:26:21 am »
  • Silly cat!
Oh, wow. I'm surprised you haven't already bought and played this game ten times over. Resident Evil 4 is a terrific game, probably my favorite game ever made. It's a very moody and spooky game at the beginning, but eventually... well, you'll see. It's a great game though, and every GameCube owner should have it. I've played through it countless times and I still love it.

The NTSC box is way different to the PAL box, though. I actually really quite prefer my PAL box :):

Hoffy.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 11:19:31 am »
  • :D
Yeah it's a great game.  Don't judge "shooters" before playing them.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 12:14:46 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssss. Yeah I loved it. Anyone else perv up ashleys skirt? don't be shy! (The developers thought of that fyi) "What are you doing, Pervert?!" that never gets old.....er...yeah great game ::)

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:20:13 pm »
I'm getting the Wii version!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 03:37:22 pm »
I also dislike shooters, however, I think RE4 is more like a Survival-Horror game than a shooter...
Anyways, since I've started playing (and loving) the survival-horror genre recently, and since my Freeloader is so fricking damaged I may be getting the Wii version. :)
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 03:45:11 pm »
I'm one of the few that wasn't blown away by it (I actually prefer Zero and the REmake), but it's still a great game. Definately fun when you know which horror movies the monsters are inspired by (there's less originality than one might think).
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 08:31:41 pm »
  • :D
I think RE4 is more like a Survival-Horror game than a shooter...
It is a game where you primarily shoot people/creatures.  It is definately a shooter.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 08:48:28 pm »
  • that old name
I've never played a Resident Evil Game, ever :D. I know.. wow.

I should someday soon, but when it comes to RE4.. I think I'll wait for the Wii version. The GCN version has better graphics, but the PS2 version has more content, and supports 16:9(GCN only supports Letterbox). [<--This is important for a Widescreen owner =)]

But the Wii version will optimistically contain the best of both worlds.. and more XD.

So that's my story!

oh, and nice job on the case printout xD. I hate those pseudo-covers they put on some used titles, and non-fitting cases >:(.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 08:50:37 pm by Sterlin254 »
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 09:18:44 pm »
kay. thanks guys. yeah. its a great game. im currently in the house with the bajillions of peeps that come with no end. And I've died 4 times >_>

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 09:21:34 pm »
  • that old name
im currently in the house with the bajillions of peeps that come with no end.
WTF, SPOILERS! ffs, I've never heard of bajillions of enemies in a game before, and you just spoiled something for the last time >=(.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 09:42:33 pm »
I think RE4 is more like a Survival-Horror game than a shooter...

I LOL'd hard when I read this. RE4 is a shooter. It's not even scary, and you get more than enough ammo.

Also, REmake ftmfw.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:23 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I'm one of the few that wasn't blown away by it (I actually prefer Zero and the REmake), but it's still a great game. Definately fun when you know which horror movies the monsters are inspired by (there's less originality than one might think).
There is a lack of originality, especially in the story, but it's the atmosphere and the amount of fun you can have with this game that is really awesome. It's just a really fun game to play.

And I'd like to play REmake. They say it's actually a lot scarier than most other games in the series, but I haven't been able to find a copy :/.

Hoffy.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 10:01:04 pm »
There is a lack of originality, especially in the story, but it's the atmosphere and the amount of fun you can have with this game that is really awesome. It's just a really fun game to play.

And I'd like to play REmake. They say it's actually a lot scarier than most other games in the series, but I haven't been able to find a copy :/.

http://tinyurl.com/2h3z9b

I found some copies within 5 minutes of searching. You must not've been looking very hard. <_<

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 10:04:12 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Well, that's an NTSC version :P.

I'm a PAL man .

Hoffy.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 10:07:55 pm »
Well, that's an NTSC version :P.

I'm a PAL man .

Then buy a freeloader.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 12:21:28 am »
  • ON THE MAP YOU SAY!?
NTSC, PAL, SECAM. What are formats but restrictions on what we, as consumers, wish to view?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 75 queries.

anything