Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO]The Legend of Zelda: Shadowed Prince  (Read 7064 times)

[DEMO]The Legend of Zelda: Shadowed Prince
« on: August 01, 2009, 04:11:25 am »
  • Make your best move ass-bite!
The Legend of Zelda: Shadowed Prince

STORY:
a Mystical force awaits a hero as he makes his way to the Dark World to save the princess but little does the hero know that the mystical force is waiting for the hero in the dark world......this force can help the hero throughout  Dungeons and times of confusion, join this hero as he saves the worlds from being fused

SCREENIES:

Controls:

Z- select item on subscreen, do action, Z item
X-select item on subscreen, X item
S- save your game and quit

PLEASE:
If you do not enjoy this game or wish to send negative feedback please give me constuctive critisim.

SO......
If anyone wants to help me on this project it would be a pleasure and really the only thing I need is when Link collides with a Bad guy how do i make link get knocked back some......

UPDATED GAME!!!!
DOWNLOAD LINK: XD
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oh2gjnnrzan
 8)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:01:52 pm by Bludleef »
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Shadowed Prince
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 07:19:21 am »
The game looks nice. A good use of the GBC graphics. I noticed you even use the intro story screens of oracle of ages. But I do have some criticism:

* In 1.jpg you see Link standing on the building when going in. If you add a top layer that is drawn over Link and put the top of the doorpost their it looks more like Link actually entering the house.

* In 2.jpg you see that I collided with an enemy when I took an item out of the chest. When you open a chest it is nice when the enemies stop moving giving you a chance to get away as well.

* This leads to my 3rd flaw. The enemies (and especially the leevers) go directly towards you and stick on you like a fly on fly paper. At one point I fell in a pit and an enemy stood at my place of respawning, so I kept falling in the pit. But more often you just can't move anymore, your stuck. You can change the direction your facing, but you won't walk away. The only thing you can do is stop the game entirely.

* My final comment is about the items. You said you use them with Z and X, but the only item I got was a bridge part and I couldn't see it in the menu nor equip it, nor use it. I also got through a number of rooms in a dungeon at the beach, without an item. Yes this includes a sword. Please, if you are going to let the player face enemies give him a fricking sword to defend himself.

Well these are my comments. Keep up the good work.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:05:52 pm »
You get the sword in the cave you were in, plus I need a code or somthing so link gets knocked back when he touched a bad guy, and you need 3 bridge parts to cross the river onto Level 1 which is complete

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
The game looks good and all, and I appreciate that you have a demo, but please add some screenshots as those are the rules.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:45:50 pm »
OK, I just downloaded and played the game and I got as far as the 2. Dungeon, but then I couldn't go on (I'll explain later why). The game was really nice, because there was something to do (Dungeons). I also liked that there were many features, like ledge jumping and thrusting your sword against walls when charging for a spin attack.

In the first picture there is a staircase behind the HUD-Button with the Feather. I didn't see it when I got there, so I saved and chose 'Last Location'. I started in a cave I had never seen before with two possible ways to go. One leads to the 2. Dungeon, the other one (after more caves) brought me to the cave in the screenshot again, but this time I entered via the 'hidden' staircase. That's how I found out it was there. It should be clearer for the player that there is an exit.

The second picture: That's as far as I could go. When I exited the room through the north exit, nothing would happen. Maybe you haven't built the room north of this one, but maybe not, because when I wanted to leave the room through the south exit it didn't work either, so maybe you just forgot to add those two portals.

Some other things I noticed:
- Some sounds were too loud in comparison to others.
- Always redoing the puzzles when entering the room a second time was annoying, especially longer ones like the puzzle in the second room of the second Dungeon.
- The rupee and key HUD numbers shouldn't be black in my opinion. I'ts often hard to see.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:41 pm »
The second picture: That's as far as I could go. When I exited the room through the north exit, nothing would happen. Maybe you haven't built the room north of this one, but maybe not, because when I wanted to leave the room through the south exit it didn't work either, so maybe you just forgot to add those two portals.

well that is as far as I have gotten, and Thank you for playing and i will take your advice and make variables for puzzles that are already done...... and I tried to make the font white but it doesnt look good but your right and I will make the HUD transparent when there are objects under it, thanks again for the bugs a glitches

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 11:07:28 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I noticed the added screenshot, but the link links to your computer.  This will not show on anyone's screen except yours may I suggest uploading it to one of the many image hosting sites? Just look up free image hosting in google.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 11:15:05 pm »
I noticed the added screenshot, but the link links to your computer.  This will not show on anyone's screen except yours may I suggest uploading it to one of the many image hosting sites? Just look up free image hosting in google.
ok thank you Im a little slow lol
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 07:12:20 am »
I gave it another go. You said I could find the sword in the cave to the left of the Maku tree entrance. Well the only thing I found was a chest with a bridge piece in it. I have search for clues to where the sword might be, but as I am more running from the enemies I don't have time to push any action button, especially because if I do something that freezes Link in its place I end up getting stuck in an enemy.

Oh yeah, I noticed something else as well. When the game starts up you have a screen saying:
"This game is not licensed to Nintendo."

I think this is just a translation error, because English is probably not your native language (at least I think). But as it reads there, apparently you own the Legend of Zelda license and not Nintendo. I think this should be:
"This fangame is not licensed by Nintendo."
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 06:57:37 pm »
k thanks i will do that... the next update will better way more improved with the whole enemy thing and yes English is my native tounge
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 07:41:32 pm »
  • Fight the Power
a Mystical force awaits a hero as he makes his way to the Dark World to save the princess but little does the hero know that the mystical force is waiting for the hero in the dark world......this force can help the hero throughout  Dungeons and times of confusion, join this hero as he saves the worlds from being fused
You said hero 5 times and only used one sentence. O_o
You could also use a more intersting introduction, right now it's pretty dull and repetitive.

Here, I'll give you a hand:
Strange sightnings have been reported in the distant land of Insert-Land-Name-Here. With the  recent kidnapping of the princess, the question is: is there a link between all these events? Perhaps. It's up to you and our hero to get things back in order and help find out what really happened to our damsel in distress.
Explore vast dungeons, defeat terrifying monsters, master the art of swordsmanship and use an unknown mystical force to aid you through your quest.
Will you be able to save the day? Play and see...

Okay, maybe not the best, but you get the point. Make it more appealing and don't give out too many details.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 12:25:55 am »
a Mystical force awaits a hero as he makes his way to the Dark World to save the princess but little does the hero know that the mystical force is waiting for the hero in the dark world......this force can help the hero throughout  Dungeons and times of confusion, join this hero as he saves the worlds from being fused
You said hero 5 times and only used one sentence. O_o
You could also use a more intersting introduction, right now it's pretty dull and repetitive.

Here, I'll give you a hand:
Strange sightnings have been reported in the distant land of Insert-Land-Name-Here. With the  recent kidnapping of the princess, the question is: is there a link between all these events? Perhaps. It's up to you and our hero to get things back in order and help find out what really happened to our damsel in distress.
Explore vast dungeons, defeat terrifying monsters, master the art of swordsmanship and use an unknown mystical force to aid you through your quest.
Will you be able to save the day? Play and see...

Okay, maybe not the best, but you get the point. Make it more appealing and don't give out too many details.

....I want the game to explain all that though but anyway i updated my game
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 06:30:39 pm »
alright the game has been updated and I added screenies =)

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 08:57:27 pm »
These screens look great!

I like the retro going on here. ;)
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 04:05:13 am »
These screens look great!

I like the retro going on here. ;)

Ya like original
Re: [DEMO]The Legend of Zelda: Shadowed Prince
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 04:26:18 pm »
Veran, do you still working on this game???

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 06:36:18 pm »
  • Idk
No gravedigging! 

Subterfuge

Hero of Effin' Time
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 07:47:31 pm »
  • Hero of Effin' Time
Got my hopes up for nothing. D:
That which binds us...

Sets us free...

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:53 pm »
  • Xiphirx
No gravedigging! 

No Rent-A-Modding.

Veran was last active over a month ago. I am going to lock this topic due to inactivity and to prevent future grave digging.

Veran: if you would like to open this topic again, PM me or the administration and we will gladly open it up for you.
  • For The Swarm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 76 queries.