Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a surprisingly good movie  (Read 763 times)

What a surprisingly good movie
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:35:32 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
"Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins"
Yeah, you read me right. I got drug down to the movies yesterday despite the fact that I had to write a giant AP history report, because I thought we were going to see Cloverfield. I was incredibly pissed that I had to watch another stupid looking comedy made for the so-called "black audience". I went with it anyway, because I had nowhere else to go, and watched this tremendously stupid movie.
God was I wrong.
I actually enjoyed it. It had a plot worth caring about, likable characters, and above all, I was laughing the whole way through. I was surprised by how well done it was. It had pretty good comedy acting, and the story managed to be interesting (though not mind blowingly original or intelligently written) while successfully bringing on more and more hilarious scenarios.
Any thoughts/comments? Have you ever had a similar experience?
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

alirazaq

Re: What a surprisingly good movie
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:16:25 am »
I am just wondering how you watched the movie with the "black audience" being there

gm112

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:56 am »
Despite Ali's unnecessary post, this reminds me of Friday lol. Friday's an old movie, but it's hilarious. But yeah.. I know what you mean >_<..
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:04:22 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I haven't seen it, but your glowing review makes me want to.

And.. O_o
-Ali-, that post was quite unnecessary and quite racist.
I agree that the audience I assume it seeks to get to the theater is quite obnoxious most of the time, though.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 05:16:07 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
The audience of laugh-seeking black people actually added to the experience a bit. The incredibly loud laughter is a good thing. So yeah, this is one of those somehow likable movies. It was stupid as hell, but I was laughing the whole way through.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 03:51:34 am »
I haven't seen it, but your glowing review makes me want to.

And.. O_o
-Ali-, that post was quite unnecessary and quite racist.
I agree that the audience I assume it seeks to get to the theater is quite obnoxious most of the time, though.
How is that racist?  Most black comedies have black audiences at the theatre...
He didn't word it the right way though.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 01:21:11 am »
  • :D
I am just wondering how you watched the movie with the "black audience" being there
Racist much?
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 02:52:11 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Racist much?
I just said that...  It sounds very racist.

Very racist, because it sounds like he's angry at the "black audience" when i read this.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 54 queries.

anything