Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend me some TV Shows :D  (Read 1648 times)

Recommend me some TV Shows :D
« on: February 21, 2008, 02:18:08 am »
  • :D
Specifically I'm looking for british comedies, but really recommend anything to me that you think I might like.

For reference, here are my favorite british comedies:
Green Wing (!@#$% amazing)
Spaced
Extras
Peep Show
The Mighty Boosh
Black Books
Roman's Empire
The IT Crowd
I'm Alan Partridge

And here are my favorite tv shows in general, to help you come up with similar shows:
MXC
LOST
Monk
Stella
Psych
Firefly
House
Extras
Weeds
Scrubs
Heroes
Eureka
Survivor
Futurama
The Office
The Office
Peep Show
Undeclared
Green Wing
Doctor Who
Black Books
The IT Crowd
Veronica Mars
Da Ali G Show
Freaks & Geeks
Roman’s Empire
The Mighty Boosh
I'm Alan Partridge
Curb your Entusiasm
Arrested Development
Flight of the Conchords
How I met your Mother
Never mind the Buzzcocks
It’s always sunny in Philadelphia
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Yeah, I watch a lot of tv on my computer at night <_<
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:01:35 am by Limey »
Re: Recommend me some TV Shows :D
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:22:58 am »
  • Huzzah!!!
Twin Peaks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:25:37 am »
Twin Peaks
Ah yeah, I've downloaded Twin Peaks-- a friend of mine is a huge David Lynch fan, but I haven't watched it yet... Maybe I should watch that now...
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:27:50 am »
  • Huzzah!!!
the first season is better than sex, but only some people will like the second (it's hard to explain).
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:48:15 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
If you haven't seen the NEW series of Doctor Who, I totally recommend it.  It's quite awesome.

BUUUUT...  Other than that...  You've seen pretty much all of my favorite shows.

Flight of the Conchords, Eureka, The Mighty Boosh, Futurama, it's all there.  I guess...  If you like anime, theres two ongoing subs i've been watching:  Ghost Hound (production IG, i think) and also Kaiji.  Ghost Hound is about a bunch of seriously screwed up kids that can leave their bodies and go to the "unseen world".  I have no idea what's going on, but it's great about character development.  Sadly, there's very little action going on, and it's mostly about relationships between characters (not romantic relationships).  It's actually quite good, and it is much better than it sounds.  Kaiji is an anime about unorthodox gambling...  and normally you gamble with your life.  The first portion of it is called "Restricted Rock Paper Scissors", and if you lose the game you get sent to a forced labor camp for the rest of your life.  And it's not about luck like normal Rock Paper Scissors... It's got strategy, because everyone has a finite amount of cards.  Kaiji is also better than it sounds...

Anyway, I'm not going to give direct links, but if you search "Kaiji", "Zawa Zawa", or "Ghost Hound" on google you'll probably find the fansub groups.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 02:49:51 am »
  • ON THE MAP YOU SAY!?
I was recently introduced to a show called Darkplace (Specifically: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace)
It has very few episodes, but what it lacks in quantity is made up for in teh funnies =D
It's British comedy too, or so I would assume.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:56:20 am »
If you haven't seen the NEW series of Doctor Who, I totally recommend it.  It's quite awesome.

BUUUUT...  Other than that...  You've seen pretty much all of my favorite shows.

Flight of the Conchords, Eureka, The Mighty Boosh, Futurama, it's all there.  I guess...  If you like anime, theres two ongoing subs i've been watching:  Ghost Hound (production IG, i think) and also Kaiji.  Ghost Hound is about a bunch of seriously screwed up kids that can leave their bodies and go to the "unseen world".  I have no idea what's going on, but it's great about character development.  Sadly, there's very little action going on, and it's mostly about relationships between characters (not romantic relationships).  It's actually quite good, and it is much better than it sounds.  Kaiji is an anime about unorthodox gambling...  and normally you gamble with your life.  The first portion of it is called "Restricted Rock Paper Scissors", and if you lose the game you get sent to a forced labor camp for the rest of your life.  And it's not about luck like normal Rock Paper Scissors... It's got strategy, because everyone has a finite amount of cards.  Kaiji is also better than it sounds...

Anyway, I'm not going to give direct links, but if you search "Kaiji", "Zawa Zawa", or "Ghost Hound" on google you'll probably find the fansub groups.
Yeh, I've been catching up on Dr. Who recently, I love it.  And I'm not big on anime but thanks anyway (I may still check them out) :)

I was recently introduced to a show called Darkplace (Specifically: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace)
It has very few episodes, but what it lacks in quantity is made up for in teh funnies =D
It's British comedy too, or so I would assume.

Yeah, I've heard of it; I'll definitely check it out :D
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 03:34:19 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
MXC
LOST
Monk
Stella
Psych
Firefly
House
Extras
Weeds
Scrubs
Heroes
Eureka
Survivor
Futurama
The Office
The Office
Peep Show
Undeclared
Green Wing
Doctor Who
Black Books
The IT Crowd
Veronica Mars
Da Ali G Show
Freaks & Geeks
Roman’s Empire
The Mighty Boosh
I'm Alan Partridge
Curb your Entusiasm
Arrested Development
Flight of the Conchords
How I met your Mother
Never mind the Buzzcocks
Woah, Jesus, how did you do that!?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:41 am »
MXC
LOST
Monk
Stella
Psych
Chuck
Firefly
House
Extras
Weeds
Scrubs
Heroes
Eureka
Survivor
Futurama
The Office
The Office
Peep Show
Undeclared
Green Wing
Doctor Who
Black Books
The IT Crowd
Veronica Mars
Da Ali G Show
Freaks & Geeks
Roman’s Empire
The Mighty Boosh
I'm Alan Partridge
Curb your Entusiasm
Arrested Development
Flight of the Conchords
How I met your Mother
Never mind the Buzzcocks
Woah, Jesus, how did you do that!?
(Internet + Laptop) x 2 hours at night when I should be sleeping = lots of tv shows
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:51:11 am by Limey »
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 03:40:36 am »
Kenan & Kel
  • Google Profile

alirazaq

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 03:41:53 am »
Kenan & Kel
I love that show, haven't seen it since I was 8 though. I think now it comes on Nick at Nite

Entourage
Prison Break
Journey Man
Life
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:03:00 am »
British comedies?  You already listed basically all of the ones I can think of.  Hmmm...actually you listed most of shows that I like period..  Well, here are some other one that weren't on your list:

Mr. Show
Wonder Showzen
Tom goes to the Mayor
Tim & Eric's Awesome Show: Great Job!
Upright Citizens Brigade
Strangers with Candy
Human Giant
The State
30 Rock
The Sarah Silverman Program
Kids in the Hall
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Home Movies
Little Britain
Chuck

Damn it dude, I can't think of any more.  Why do you have to watch all the stuff I watch?  You should be giving me advice 'cause I think think of anything and I need something to watch right now...<_<'
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

alirazaq

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 04:21:39 am »
British comedies?  You already listed basically all of the ones I can think of.  Hmmm...actually you listed most of shows that I like period..  Well, here are some other one that weren't on your list:

Mr. Show
Wonder Showzen
Tom goes to the Mayor
Upright Citizens Brigade
Strangers with Candy
Human Giant
The State
30 Rock
Kids in the Hall
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Home Movies
Little Britain
Chuck

Damn it dude, I can't think of any more.  Why do you have to watch all the stuff I watch?  You should be giving me advice 'cause I think think of anything and I need something to watch right now...<_<'
Crap - Wonder Showzen
Crap - Tom goes to the Mayor
Crap - Tim & Eric's Awesome Show: Great Job!
Mega Crap - The Sarah Silverman Program

However

Curb your enthusiasm - I am surprised that your taste of shows has not lead you to this show yet.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 05:33:35 am »
On TV right now? My Name is Earl. It might seem like a dumb hick comedy, but the storyline is uplifting and often very good.

From the past? 3rd Rock from the Sun and Mystery Science Theater 3000 (best show EVER), no doubt.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 06:27:06 am »
Fortunately for you, I am also a bit of a TV fanatic (though it seems that you watch a few more shows than I do). I'm not too into British comedies though, I like them but I haven't seen too many.

Here are some great ones that I think you'll like:

Angel
Chuck
Dexter
Entourage
The Inside
Tru Calling
Life On Mars
Wonderfalls
Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
Buffy The Vampire Slayer

And in the way of anime (I don't care if you're not into anime, anyone can appreciate a great show):

Gantz
Trigun
Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Other than those you seem to already watch all my favourite shows.

Also, even though the pilot script is only being written right now, all signs point to Dollhouse being an amazing show. Look out for it towards the end of this year, or possibly the beginning of 2009.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:23:10 am by Racoon Boy »

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 05:45:25 pm »
Red Dwarf!

NOA!

And
QI if you liked Nevermind the Buzzcocks
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Mr. Show
Wonder Showzen
Tom goes to the Mayor
Upright Citizens Brigade
Strangers with Candy
Human Giant
The State
30 Rock
Kids in the Hall
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Home Movies
Little Britain
Chuck

Haha the majority of those are shows that I like, but just aren't my favorites :P  (also a few I forgot to put on there)

On TV right now? My Name is Earl. It might seem like a dumb hick comedy, but the storyline is uplifting and often very good.

From the past? 3rd Rock from the Sun and Mystery Science Theater 3000 (best show EVER), no doubt.
Oooh, i've wanted to see Mystery Science Theater 3000 for a while, good idea :P

Fortunately for you, I am also a bit of a TV fanatic (though it seems that you watch a few more shows than I do). I'm not too into British comedies though, I like them but I haven't seen too many.

Here are some great ones that I think you'll like:

Angel
Chuck
Dexter
Entourage
The Inside
Tru Calling
Life On Mars
Wonderfalls
Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
Buffy The Vampire Slayer

And in the way of anime (I don't care if you're not into anime, anyone can appreciate a great show):

Gantz
Trigun
Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Other than those you seem to already watch all my favourite shows.

Also, even though the pilot script is only being written right now, all signs point to Dollhouse being an amazing show. Look out for it towards the end of this year, or possibly the beginning of 2009.
I've had several people tell me to watch Cowboy bebop, so I guess I'll watch taht... Is dexter really good?  I've heard good things, so I'm probably going to watch that soon too.

Red Dwarf!

NOA!

And
QI if you liked Nevermind the Buzzcocks

Hah, i've seen Red Dwarf already-- its a great show, but not one of my favorites.  The first season is the best by far if you ask me.
And I've seen an episode or two of QI... I prefer Buzzcocks, but I'll watch some more.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 12:00:40 am »
  • *whistle*
You put Doctor Who in your list - if you like the revived series of it, DEFINITELY watch Torchwood. I love Doctor Who to bits, but Torchwood is an order of magnitude better. Better comedy, better drama, better sci-fi. The first series of it was GOOD (but mishmash), and the new series is INCREDIBLE. Check it out if you can.

Also, That Mitchell And Webb Look is like Peep Show split up into tiny, crazier, bite-sized moments. Great stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 74 queries.

anything