Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo]The Legend of Zelda: Blade of Mirrors [Trailer added!]  (Read 14541 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Blade of Mirrors [10/07...
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 02:56:47 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I just downloaded and played this game and I thought that the amount of things you could do, along with the opening of the game itself showed real effort and work behind it.  Good job, except for some sounds, it was really good.
May I ask what sounds were not right, please? (Just to improve, can't if I don't know whats wrong)

Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: [Demo]The Legend of Zelda: Blade of Mirrors
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 11:01:33 pm »
Yes I am still alive...this topic is just FILLED with people.  ::)

I wouldn't normally double post but:
A) I posted almost 2 months ago
B) I just wanted to say this project is still running
C) I have a trailer out on the first page!
D) I have a new demo coming out soon. It isn't longer than the other one, it just adds/fixes some things. The new things are:
 -A new Rupee Engine
 -Fixed resolution on some moniters (it doesn't use screen_gamma)
 -Sword Charging
 -Sword Combos
 -More idea of where to go
 -Saving
 -A pause menu
 -A mini-game
 -A bottle item
 -Setting items to X and C
 -Most bugs fixed
 -Change HUD
 -More transparent stuff/graphically powerful stuff
 -Cool transitions

So, that should be out in less than a month I would hope. So now hopefully this will get more people to post!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: [Demo]The Legend of Zelda: Blade of Mirrors ...
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 01:49:56 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
I saw the screens, and a bit of the trailer, will check out the demo later today(at school), but so far, looks REALLY nice ;) Lot's of wuality games here at the W.I.P forums it seems =)
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 12:42:36 am »
  • 笑い男
i noticed that west hyrule is to the east :P
but i couldnt get past the bit to the right of the house when it goes dark in the demo
i thoughtt that may be the end, but it seems not O_o
i have no idea what i should of done and walking around with no magic in the dark was hard XD

i really loved how the story at the very start is and how it could turn out, really felt like a true zelda game ^^

the lack of music, having space to talk and slow down in long grass was annoying though

as for the whole engine, it worked fine, but i'd say that it's far from really great with no problems, but very playable non the less

oh, also the demo download links are screwed O_o
un-screwable though (obviously as i played the demo, but i want to play more if there is more D:)

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 01:36:13 am »
I saw the screens, and a bit of the trailer, will check out the demo later today(at school), but so far, looks REALLY nice ;) Lot's of wuality games here at the W.I.P forums it seems =)
Thanks, glad to see someone with my support banner in their sig :)

i noticed that west hyrule is to the east :P
but i couldnt get past the bit to the right of the house when it goes dark in the demo
i thoughtt that may be the end, but it seems not O_o
i have no idea what i should of done and walking around with no magic in the dark was hard XD

i really loved how the story at the very start is and how it could turn out, really felt like a true zelda game ^^

the lack of music, having space to talk and slow down in long grass was annoying though

as for the whole engine, it worked fine, but i'd say that it's far from really great with no problems, but very playable non the less

oh, also the demo download links are screwed O_o
un-screwable though (obviously as i played the demo, but i want to play more if there is more D:)
Oh my god...HYRULE WEST IS TO THE EAST??? *slaps self in face.

Yah there is music, it was made with gm5.3 so turn up the sw synth on your volume control. Yah the demo is a little hard to understand, I will try and lead you forward a little bit better in the next demo (and it will be made with gm7 so obvious improvements.)
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 01:39:29 am »
  • 笑い男
wtf was my  sw synth doing down to? O_o
weird, but im glad you're upgrading to gm7 ^^

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 01:19:49 am »
Yah gm7 is SO much better, I probably should have just converted to it sooner.
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 01:58:22 am »
Okay I know that this is pretty much a meaningless update...but pretty much everyone gets one at least in their lifetime. Anyways, I am looking for someone to basically look over my game and help me through with a little bit of the coding, all you would have to do is say okay and then I would send you the gmk of it. So...any takers? (Also, I am thinking about posting some production art of the game, but it might take a while.)
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 02:56:17 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Okay I know that this is pretty much a meaningless update...but pretty much everyone gets one at least in their lifetime. Anyways, I am looking for someone to basically look over my game and help me through with a little bit of the coding, all you would have to do is say okay and then I would send you the gmk of it. So...any takers? (Also, I am thinking about posting some production art of the game, but it might take a while.)
Actually, that is not an update, that is a request for a team member. You could've put that in recruiting. Or just made an entire list of a team you need, or just add it to the main post, or make something small and then made it the update, then put a note saying you need someone to look over it. Also, you best post what requirements, such as gm version, registered, the size of it, etc.
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 03:52:39 am »
Actually, that is not an update, that is a request for a team member. You could've put that in recruiting.
No, it would never have been looked at...trust me. Also, this is the first/last time I will probably update without an update...look at my previous updates as a track record. I have to bump this topic or it I won't get anyone to look at it, seriously, how can you compete with The Shadowgazer?

...Or just made an entire list of a team you need...
I need one person, thats all I need.

...Or just add it to the main post...
No, that would ruin the point of an update.

...Or make something small and then made it the update, then put a note saying you need someone to look over it.
I can't make something small without someone to help me, so there would be no point to that. I am at a roadblock with my game and I really need help.

Also, you best post what requirements, such as gm version, registered, the size of it, etc.
Yes its registered, and its about 8 MB. But I don't see what the version has to do with anything, and If you had read two posts up you would see I made it in Gm7.

I don't mean to seem like a jerk but...I can't do anything in this game without someone to help me who has some programming knowledge.

Edit:I'm NOT looking for a full time programmer. I just need some help with the menus, saving, etc. and then you never have to look at it again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:54:45 am by kylink »

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 06:20:18 am »
The demo looks good. Keep it up!
  • Likes to Ramble

Busternaut

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 02:25:43 pm »
How many dungeons are gonna be in this game?
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 05:25:13 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
Heh, I don't know if you did it on purpose, but some things were very funny in the demo:
1) You might need Rupees, so go cut the tall grass....what? hehe.
2) wow, could Link's father(?) run!(After the castle)

Now some things that bothered me:
1) Your wooden sword can cut tall grass and enemies as big as you, but not a simple bush? Maybe you should keep enemies away untill you get the other sword? I dunno =/

2) The flower animations were too fast

3) The transitions, they were kinda jerky, you might want to fix that.

But all in all, it was very good, I'll be waiting for a new demo =P
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 01:28:10 am »
Heh, I don't know if you did it on purpose, but some things were very funny in the demo:
1) You might need Rupees, so go cut the tall grass....what? hehe.
2) wow, could Link's father(?) run!(After the castle)

Now some things that bothered me:
1) Your wooden sword can cut tall grass and enemies as big as you, but not a simple bush? Maybe you should keep enemies away untill you get the other sword? I dunno =/

2) The flower animations were too fast

3) The transitions, they were kinda jerky, you might want to fix that.

But all in all, it was very good, I'll be waiting for a new demo =P
I'm thinking maybe I should just put out a quick demo that fixes some of this stuff and exclude some of the bigger stuff (pause menus and stuff like that.)
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 10:08:19 pm »
this looks neat. i hope you finish it!
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 05:01:28 pm »
Well okay I've changed a little of the game so far. Before I was going to have a pause menu with 12 items in it (including bottles etc.). However, I've had an epiphany! I decided that its best to make this game as easy to make as possible and so I have gone the lazy way and now have 5 items (and the sword) available to use with the Z,X,C,A,S, and D keys. The items in the game are:

boomerang
bombs
bow
lantern
hookshot

here is an example of the pause screen:

I know it may be a little bad, but it has pushed me forward A LOT with the game.

The demo looks good. Keep it up!
this looks neat. i hope you finish it!
Thanks to both, praise is always encouraged :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 69 queries.