Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Comic Mischief  (Read 2287 times)

[Demo] Comic Mischief
« on: October 07, 2007, 03:44:36 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Info:
This is a platformer I have been working on since May of 2007. So far, I have up to the end of the first world done, and there will be eight worlds in total, each consisting of four levels.

Story:
A long time ago, there was an evil king who used a magical throne to enslave his people. One day, a group of mages banished him into a dimension, with the throne acting as a key. The throne was lost into the myths of time...

As the main character, you awaken, not knowing where you are...

Screenshots:
Title Screen
Opening
Level 3

Update:

The improvements over Demo 1 are:
-The levels are less difficult.
-3 lives
-New abilities
-Text System
-Coins are changed to "Z"s.
-Actual AI (sorta) added to the boss.
-New enemies added.
-Clock fixed.
-Character slowed down.
-etc...

Download:

Demo 2

Feel free to comment, and add ideas. Thanks for playing!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 07:57:05 pm by Kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Busternaut

Re: [Demo] Comic Mischief
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:31:12 am »
i love it so far. The transitions are great.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:01:39 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow, I'm really liking this! Nice gameplay and concept.
But why are the animations so fast?
Anyways, if you need help with the graphics, just throw me a PM.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:26:16 am »
Nice! I like the way how you used comic/cartoony styles to put it up like this! Perhaps you can add a litte Anti-Alias to the backgrounds (mountains and air) to make it look smoother in comparation to the character.

However, I have problems downloading your game using 4shared :( Can you try to host it on another mirror?
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 07:25:52 pm »
Wow, I'm really liking this! Nice gameplay and concept.
But why are the animations so fast?
Anyways, if you need help with the graphics, just throw me a PM.
I might need help with graphics one day when I decide to spruce up all the graphics...I'll give you a message that day. ;) Yah, I know the animations are a little fast.

Nice! I like the way how you used comic/cartoony styles to put it up like this! Perhaps you can add a litte Anti-Alias to the backgrounds (mountains and air) to make it look smoother in comparation to the character.

However, I have problems downloading your game using 4shared :( Can you try to host it on another mirror?
Yah, like I said above, I'm going to be working on the graphics way more after the game is finished.

I changed 4shared to the mirror, and the main link is savefile.com. Yah, actually I don't like 4shared much lol
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:43:00 pm by kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Busternaut

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 04:05:20 am »
The transitions remind me of Ristar...but it's probably cause you are using the Ristar music. :P

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 06:13:39 am »
This looks really cool, I am going to download it.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 11:05:11 pm »
This looks really cool, I am going to download it.
Thanks, I hope you like it.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 03:18:19 pm »
  • Monkey Studios
I liked this game. It was actually pretty fun. I think you should slow down the animation speed of the character a little though. I also found a strange bug when going down the latter all the way running into the stairs and trying to jump. The jump key would get disabled sometimes. Also when the timer ran out it gave an error. A warning about the time getting low would be good too :).
-Gavin
Land of Shadows
View the Topic Here!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 04:47:32 am »
I liked this game. It was actually pretty fun. I think you should slow down the animation speed of the character a little though. I also found a strange bug when going down the latter all the way running into the stairs and trying to jump. The jump key would get disabled sometimes. Also when the timer ran out it gave an error. A warning about the time getting low would be good too :).
-Gavin
Actually I have the running speed fixed right now, the jump bug...is a constant reminder of my programming ineptness, and actually thats a good idea for the timer. (And it should do something when it gets to zero...but I guess I didn't check that.) Thanks for liking it though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 54 queries.

anything