Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An idea for an award.  (Read 1889 times)

An idea for an award.
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:19:24 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Give 4Sword the award for "most detailed posts". Let's look into his post history:

Ha, I am all for net neutrality but I doubt your motives for posting this.  Judging by all I have seen I can say that is the same girl that said that she would do pretty much anything sexually to whom she saw as the greatest supporter of net neutrality.  I wonder if you want some, lol.  Meh, but yeah, by packaging content, you pretty much destroy the chances for start-ups to make it; and more and more categories are becoming obsolete as websites offer more as they expand.

The series Neon Genesis Evangelion was flawed in that it was rushed near the end and changed due to the sarin attacks on the Japanese subway system.  The series is good though in that it uses a lot of religious symbolism and delves into the character of Shinji and why he thinks the way he does.  I liked the series mainly due to the idea of man as a being struggling to survive against what could be considered greater beings.  The resourcefulness of the humans in the series and their unwillingness to die out as a species shows the depth of the human character while providing interesting plot material.  After all, conflict makes a series, and rather than mainly focusing just on human to human struggles, the series uses conflict as a way for the character to self-reflect as well as to show humanity uniting with itself against a common enemy.

Anyway, I liked the series The Big O, especially the first season.  It deals with amnesia and is reminiscent of film noir.  It was also cut short before it was supposed to be; it ends at the conclusion of the second season (well not technically, I do not want to ruin the plot), and there was supposed to be a season three.

My guess would be that the permission setting was applied to the "Member" usergroup which is not the same as a regular member; i.e. in the profile summary, a normal member's position would be something like "Deku", but anyone with access to the Spam forum would be a "Member".  Because of this and the fact that outpouring of awards surfaced itself in the Spam board most if not exclusively, I can assume that the two are related.  Meh, there are a lot of permission flaws; well there are checkboxes that should be checked or unchecked.
I am just saying that sometimes when really bad things happen, it is for the best.  I would not advocate for those things to happen through intervention of fate, but if that is laid about in a series of events to happen and it cannot be changed by anyone near her, then I cannot complain.  I understand the severity of rape and it is not something that should be taken lightly.  Objectively though, something like that would change her life if she decided not to kill herself.  Maybe not, I don't know.  The path she is on now is shallow though and needs to change anyway.  Whatever gets her off that path is best for the world and herself.  The violent guy or girl who does it will also go to jail, so a deviant will be put away, another benefit for the world.  Morality is a crux.

And it goes on and on like that (disregarding Spam, of course). So...there you go.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: An idea for an award.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:05:09 am »
I like to think that I am unable to make something short, most of the things I say are elaborated on due to me just wanting to be able to have people understand me.  I can also understand if this gives the opposite effect.  But meh, thanks for the shout-out.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:06:26 am »
  • :'O
Hah he posts like that in spam too
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:30:36 am »
  • Minalien
It shouldn't be something that requires an 'award'. 4Sword happens to be somebody who has a sense of value for posting in an intelligent and informed manner.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 02:41:10 am »
lol that too.  I smile when I see something that has been typed intelligently as well.  To me, words are like an artistic medium that has flow, and if I really work at it, I try to make it so what I type can be read in a way that is both smart and casual.  Otherwise, my words are just an unrelenting outlet of an unrestrained mind.  This whole topic is starting to feel like me gloating, I'll hold back on that for now as showboating is something I am not too fond of with myself.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 02:56:23 am »
  • w00t
Hehe, sometime around when 4Sword and I were first made staff members, he made a friggin huge post in the staff boards, which I then screenshotted and blurred for confidentiality. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/4sword.png

Wall of text much?  XD
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 05:07:34 am »
That may have been the largest post I made in terms of word count, but there have been times when I would talk about things with a series of posts to which the word count on each of them was at least half of my biggest one and there were at least eight posts total.  The funny thing about that post you linked to if I remember it right though was that was actually the short version of what I was going to post.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:42 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Yeah or another name for the award could be like text wall something or along those lines because his posts are so long...even when I'm talking to him through PMs his reply is like 3 paragraphs...mine is like 2 sentences.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 05:13:02 am »
Hehe, sometime around when 4Sword and I were first made staff members, he made a friggin huge post in the staff boards, which I then screenshotted and blurred for confidentiality. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/4sword.png

Wall of text much?  XD
Um, just by looking at it for 10 seconds, I can make out a ton of words and actually understand them...

Not very "blurry"...lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 05:20:32 am »
  • w00t
Well that's what I get for resizing it to 50% and then back up to 100% in Paint.  Either way, the topic in question probably isn't all that secret anymore anyway, so it doesn't matter if you can read some of it.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 57 queries.