Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A More Realistic RPG Idea  (Read 1395 times)

A More Realistic RPG Idea
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:47:52 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
So, this is basically the first idea for a game that started from a dream. Basically, in my dream, I was walking in the dark, and as soon as I moved off of my property (I live in the country, so the area that isn't my property is covered in Canola) a bunch of monsters woke up and attacked. This started to make me think of how a more realistic RPG would work.

Instead of random battles, or monsters that walk around that start battles when you run into them, this is what happens. Monsters don't suddenly appear, but instead they wake up or see you when you move into their territory. Birds circling above you would see you and swoop down to attack, living trees would uproot and chase you, etc.

Another idea is one that was sort of used in Final Fantasy 2. Basically, instead of EXP that upgrades abilities when you go up a level, by using your sword a lot, your sword will go up in levels and become stronger. So, say I use a bow a lot, I will become stronger with bow's and maybe gain better accuracy and more skills. This applies to stat's too. Every time you attack, your power goes up. Every time you run, your agility increases.

Is there any games that are like this? I like this idea.

Move this if it isn't in the right place.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mirby

Drifter
Re: A More Realistic RPG Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:55:23 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
That reminded me of Zelda. Where enemies don't just appear but are there and attack you when they see you. And I kinda liked FF2's stat building system (And in case you don't already know, FF2 for the SNES is FF4, damnit!) Ironically, San Andreas has that idea as well, even thoughit isn't an RPG. The more you run/shoot/swim, the better you get at that and new abilities are unlocked. I'm not sure if GTA4 has this feature as well. Good idea though.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:14:39 am »
  • b e p i s
This is essentially Oblivion :( Nice try though!
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 08:19:26 pm »
  • .越//
I was walking in the dark, ...  a bunch of monsters woke up and attacked. This started to make me think of how a more realistic RPG would work.

Instead of random battles, or monsters that walk around that start battles when you run into them, this is what happens. Monsters don't suddenly appear, but instead they wake up or see you when you move into their territory. Birds circling above you would see you and swoop down to attack, living trees would uproot and chase you, etc.

Final Fantasy 12

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:46:49 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I like this idea. It'd be pretty cool to play if it was well made.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 47 queries.

anything