Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite "Never Released" Titles  (Read 8480 times)

Re: Your Favorite "Never Released" Titles
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 03:43:18 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Tetra's Trackers?

That was actually released in Japan, as part of Four Swords Adventures.  I wish it was released outside Japan too, though.
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 03:57:09 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
That too. Oracle of Secrets? Oracle of Emotions? WHAT WOULD IT HAVE BEEN? Its like the popular question abuout getting to the center of a tootsie pop; the world may never know...

If I recall, it was going to be something like "The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage".

Edit: Yeah it was.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Mystical_Seed_of_Courage
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 03:59:28 am »
  • Silly cat!
That too. Oracle of Secrets? Oracle of Emotions? WHAT WOULD IT HAVE BEEN? Its like the popular question abuout getting to the center of a tootsie pop; the world may never know...

If I recall, it was going to be something like "The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage".

Edit: Yeah it was.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Mystical_Seed_of_Courage
It sucks how Flagship disbanded :(.

They did some really cool things with Zelda.

Tetra's Trackers?

That was actually released in Japan, as part of Four Swords Adventures.  I wish it was released outside Japan too, though.
Also this game was weird.

Hoffy.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 04:01:54 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
But if it had kept going along development, it would've been Oracle of Something. I think Seasons and Ages were originally Mystical Seed of Power and Mystical Seed of Wisdom.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 04:06:25 am »
  • Silly cat!
But if it had kept going along development, it would've been Oracle of Something. I think Seasons and Ages were originally Mystical Seed of Power and Mystical Seed of Wisdom.
You're half right. The Japanese titles were...

The Legend of Zelda: Nut of the Mysterious Tree: Chapter of Time and Space
The Legend of Zelda: Nut of the Mysterious Tree: Chapter of Earth

And the third game was titled "Mystical Seed of Courage" after it was announced canceled. I think it would be safe to assume the game would've been called Oracle of Secrets, but otherwise, you don't know.

Hoffy.
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 04:09:55 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Foreshadower, there wasn't going to be a remake of FF6.  That was a program designed to teach Square game designers how to make games in 3d.

Source please?

Everywhere else for the past decade has said otherwise and that it was dropped due to Square and Nintendo's dispute.
If by "everywhere else" you mean "on a whole bunch of angry blogs and unofficial sites run by young-uns", I agree with you.  I'd leave you alone on this point if you were a little more polite, but... ;)

It was quite clearly a tech demo as Square officially said at the time, and currently says now.  Here's an article that discusses how this misconception came to be: http://www.lostlevels.org/200510/

Even the weenie Wikipedia says under FFVII that it was a tech demo.  To give you an idea of the numerous places who realize it was a tech demo (much like the Zelda SpaceWorld 2000 demonstration), here's a google link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Final+fantasy+n64+tech+demo

Heck, even web sites that talk about the "dispute" mention that it was a tech demo (as opposed to a planned game): http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/july03/25smartest/readers/

Where are *your* sources coming from?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:12:08 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 07:56:09 pm »
Yeah I would definitely have to go with the "Oracle of" game. IGN has a pretty interesting article on the all three of them and why the third wasn't released. The "day, noon, evening and night" aspect that they talk about is kind of intriguing. It's kind of strange though that Nintendo had Nayru pegged as the Oracle of Courage and Farore as the Oracle of Wisdom when it was opposite in The Ocarina of Time.

http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/873/873036.html#aboutThisGame
  • My Photostream
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 08:14:03 pm »
  • =/
 Resident Evil 3.5:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ</a>
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 08:32:20 pm »
  • *whistle*
Resident Evil 3.5:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ</a>

What's wrong with door-opening animations, huh?

Anyways, apart from that, the fixed camera and the fact that ghosts don't seem to fit into Resi ANYWHERE, it does actually seem to be a bit more survival horror than 4 turned out to be. Could've been a very good game. :/
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 09:35:57 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I don't care about the rules, I have to say this. Quest 64. But you say "Oh, but Kylink! They released Quest 64!" Yes, but it wasn't finished (obviously).

If they had held onto it and actually finished the game completely, there was supposed to be multiple party members and *shock* actual currency. That way, the N64 would have had an RPG that actually held up (although, I do like Quest 64 as how it was released).
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 09:45:28 pm »
  • The Mike
I would say...

- Twelve Tales: Conker 64 (but sadly, that's now Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- The 3rd Oracle Zelda game (for sure)
- Twilight Princess (the game was meant to be harder and have more depth but they took it out so it was easier for casual players because of the Wii)
- The sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day (apparently there was one but it was canceled - it was titled "Conker 2: Getting Medieval").
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 09:47:58 pm by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 09:50:17 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
If they had held onto it and actually finished the game completely, there was supposed to be multiple party members and *shock* actual currency. That way, the N64 would have had an RPG that actually held up.

Have you never played Aidyn Chronicles?  D:
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 10:05:23 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
If they had held onto it and actually finished the game completely, there was supposed to be multiple party members and *shock* actual currency. That way, the N64 would have had an RPG that actually held up.

Have you never played Aidyn Chronicles?  D:
No, in my life of going to and from the stores to buy or rent N64 games, I have never once seen that game. It must not have been very popular.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 01:49:17 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Am I missing something here? Since when was a third Oracle game announced. Hell, Since when was one posible since farore was the oracle of secrets in both games?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 03:06:25 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Am I missing something here? Since when was a third Oracle game announced. Hell, Since when was one posible since farore was the oracle of secrets in both games?

The game was planned very early on but they canned it because it would be too difficult to link three games.  Originally they probably didn't plan to have Farore in the other two games.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 03:37:23 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Oh yea. They had planned 3 games, but back then they werent even the oracle games >_>

Personaly, Id rather have an NDS LTTP/MC like game. PH sucked. But a third oracle would've been cool.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 03:41:34 am »
It was actaully at Miyamoto's suggestion that they go with 2 instead of 3. The reason was that with 3 games, they had trouble figuring out which one bugs originated from. When they axed the third game, it was much easier to debug.

• Mirby Studios

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 03:44:29 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Meta, the only made one engine. thats it. THEN they added some story. a third one wouldnt have the effect you speak of.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 03:45:39 am »
That's not what I heard. Sure they had one engine, but when transmitting between three games the origin of a bug can be somewhat lost. Which is what happened.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 03:49:28 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
It was eventually scrapped due to problems in the debugging process, specifically how all three interacted with one another.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 75 queries.