Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Boards  (Read 1898 times)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
New Boards
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:18 pm »
  • hungry..
Why does Literature have to go along with the "ideas"? ... Ideas pop about all the time... "a game in which you !@#$% on homeless people".. that's an idea.. why would my short story have to sit next to that topic? (I don't have a short story, I'm just making an example).

I don't understand what the problem with having a "projects" board is... and using that to post literature, games, video etc...
  • My Blog
Re: New Boards
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:07:34 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I agree with Dayjo. If it can't have a board of its own, then how does merging it with Entertainment sound?
My name is Pitt
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 10:16:17 pm »
I don't think it's bad to mix "Literature" with "Ideas". I think that a literature topic is also an idea, because someone can still use that fiction as a possible game story (giving credit for the story, of course).
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:27:40 am »
Some of the kinks are still being worked out, and I think that I will be expanding the current tagging system used in the other boards to the new ones so that ideas and stories for example can be separated.  But honestly, complaining about this sort of thing now?  There are some games that get put next to those that are bad, but it just happens that way.  They can't all be winners.

Merging it with Entertainment sounds bad, in my opinion.  I remember when we had something like that and it ended up not working.  It also seemed juxtaposed because Entertainment was of itself mainly talking about existing works rather than making your own.  It may be different now, but I think having it in this new board is better.  Plus, it keeps with the the somewhat symmetry of having it along with Zelda Ideas and Fan Fiction.  It would work better where it is at.

I am still working on the rules, but they are kind of obvious, so it will not be that long.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:46:48 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Merging it with Entertainment sounds bad, in my opinion.  I remember when we had something like that and it ended up not working.  It also seemed juxtaposed because Entertainment was of itself mainly talking about existing works rather than making your own.  It may be different now, but I think having it in this new board is better.  Plus, it keeps with the the somewhat symmetry of having it along with Zelda Ideas and Fan Fiction.  It would work better where it is at.
Fair enough. I've got another idea; why don't we treat fan fiction the same way as games? Barely started stories can go to the "Ideas" board, WIP stories in the WIP board.. and finished stories can each get a topic in the "Completed" board.
My name is Pitt

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:18:50 am »
  • hungry..
Fair enough. I've got another idea; why don't we treat fan fiction the same way as games? Barely started stories can go to the "Ideas" board, WIP stories in the WIP board.. and finished stories can each get a topic in the "Completed" board.
That's exactly my point... literature is still a "Project", same with Video, Art, and any other personal projects that are being developed. I don't see why literature (which is more prominent than say, electronics projects) should be dumped with all of the game "ideas" which are all for the most part bollocks.
  • My Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 49 queries.