Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Would you like to see this come back? If so, what graphics style?

No
Yes, Link's Awakening/OoA/OoS Style
Yes, A Link to the Past Style
Yes, Minish Cap Style
Yes, other style (Please post)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: [OPEN SOURCE]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 2D  (Read 119333 times)

Re: [DEMO]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time ...
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2009, 09:07:13 pm »
Have you actually done anything else on this game since March, as in finishing the first dungeon?
« Reply #381 on: July 14, 2009, 09:01:12 am »
You know you didn't add walls around links house? As in if X was the entrance, and S was the walkable area. This is what you could do.
/----\
|SSS|
|SXS|
|SSS| << Normal walking area, the "patio"
=====
   =
   =
   =

Mhm...
wow. i feel really stupid ;)
Have you actually done anything else on this game since March, as in finishing the first dungeon?
Yes. the first dungeon is DONE!!!!!

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #382 on: July 14, 2009, 02:22:46 pm »
Yes. the first dungeon is DONE!!!!!

How close to a full demo then? One with no bugs?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #383 on: July 14, 2009, 05:32:18 pm »
10 years.
Guys don't put tons of pressure on him, it'll take forever to get the whole thing done without bugs. Asking him that question will just give you a horribly estimated number resulting in probably dissapointment. The main thing I see the problem in most of these OOT2D projects is that the creators release it too early with tons of bugs and not much features. I'd at least get done with the Deku Tree before I give a demo out, that would end before the deku tree. So you're always ahead of the demo by a bit, and you only post new demos on major milestones, like the entire Deku Tree, then the entire Hyrule Castle all the way to Zelda, then to Death Mountain, then Dodongos cavern. Big updates are better, because that way people will have time to explore them quite a bit. I guess we're just here to test the glitches anyway.

I just feel people are too rushed to show what they have. I suggest you just go for the major demos, not small stuff. Getting a team as well, because you're gonna need help spriting things that haven't been created yet.

Oh, and something for the fans. Don't expect something like this to be done quickly. Don't pressure him to get something done, because we all have lives. I think I'd be better off posting this on GMC though, this place isn't flooded with immature people.

-Ethelon

EDIT:
Oh nvm Jeod, I thought you meant the whole game, not just the deku tree. Okay then...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:53:58 pm by Ethelon »

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2009, 10:03:19 am »

try and guess

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2009, 10:22:29 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
That screenshot actually took me back :o... best of luck :3
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2009, 10:28:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
10 years.
Guys don't put tons of pressure on him, it'll take forever to get the whole thing done without bugs.

Well not quite; actually if people start with a proper engine first, then develop the game around it the game should stay generally bug free. Most of your actual 'game bugs' would be found during the engines development. The issues that arise later would simply be aesthetics.

Asking him that question will just give you a horribly estimated number resulting in probably dissapointment. The main thing I see the problem in most of these OOT2D projects is that the creators release it too early with tons of bugs and not much features. I'd at least get done with the Deku Tree before I give a demo out, that would end before the deku tree. So you're always ahead of the demo by a bit, and you only post new demos on major milestones, like the entire Deku Tree, then the entire Hyrule Castle all the way to Zelda, then to Death Mountain, then Dodongos cavern. Big updates are better, because that way people will have time to explore them quite a bit. I guess we're just here to test the glitches anyway.

Well; the issue is mainly that the person developing it sees what they wanted to see initially when they had the idea of developing in the first place. There's usually some mental trigger that tells us "I need to see *insert element* in 2d! I bet I could do it!" and once we end up accomplishing that small element in 2d, we're done with our project mentally. We'll get bored with it beyond that.
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2009, 10:31:36 am »
That screenshot actually took me back :o... best of luck :3
Thanks
10 years.
Guys don't put tons of pressure on him, it'll take forever to get the whole thing done without bugs.

Well not quite; actually if people start with a proper engine first, then develop the game around it the game should stay generally bug free. Most of your actual 'game bugs' would be found during the engines development. The issues that arise later would simply be aesthetics.

Asking him that question will just give you a horribly estimated number resulting in probably dissapointment. The main thing I see the problem in most of these OOT2D projects is that the creators release it too early with tons of bugs and not much features. I'd at least get done with the Deku Tree before I give a demo out, that would end before the deku tree. So you're always ahead of the demo by a bit, and you only post new demos on major milestones, like the entire Deku Tree, then the entire Hyrule Castle all the way to Zelda, then to Death Mountain, then Dodongos cavern. Big updates are better, because that way people will have time to explore them quite a bit. I guess we're just here to test the glitches anyway.

Well; the issue is mainly that the person developing it sees what they wanted to see initially when they had the idea of developing in the first place. There's usually some mental trigger that tells us "I need to see *insert element* in 2d! I bet I could do it!" and once we end up accomplishing that small element in 2d, we're done with our project mentally. We'll get bored with it beyond that.
ok then...
"I need to see Ganon in 2D"....
its ok if i get bored after that :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2009, 10:33:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Lol yeah you can get bored after that; but 10/10 times, games aren't developed in order of the events that occur in-game ;p

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2009, 05:21:24 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
Hey, Ahimo, when you enter Gohma's lair, does link turn around to face the door that barricades him, then when he hears Gohma, he turns around?

(I've been away, and really don't wanna go through 26 pages of reading.)

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
« Reply #390 on: July 19, 2009, 03:59:50 pm »
Hey, Ahimo, when you enter Gohma's lair, does link turn around to face the door that barricades him, then when he hears Gohma, he turns around?

(I've been away, and really don't wanna go through 26 pages of reading.)
.......tried that, but it looks really bad in 2d :(

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #391 on: July 19, 2009, 05:49:31 pm »
Ahmio you really should focus after Gohma on fine tuning the glitches and bugs. That's a honest opinion. Now for the forum opinion (still true)
WOOT! GOHMA!!!
  • Phoenix Heart

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2009, 06:40:37 pm »
If you'd take my suggestion, do something about the grass on the cave tiles. It just looks out of place. You could try blending to make it look like some wildgrowth coming from cracks in the floors or on the walls.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
For pillars, you might be better off using the *under the bridge* pillar tiles from lttp, instead of the face rock things
« Reply #394 on: July 19, 2009, 09:34:29 pm »
How do you get to Gohma? I found the slingshot but climbing these vines doesn't bring me anywhere.

And I have to get to the top to jump down from it and break the spider silk...

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:01 am »
  • Xiphirx
I don't think he released the demo with Gohma in it :P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:16:20 am by Xiphirx »
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2009, 06:55:12 am »
Ahmio, that Gohma looks sweet.

How do you get to Gohma? I found the slingshot but climbing these vines doesn't bring me anywhere.

I think the purpose is to burn the spider web.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2009, 02:16:47 am »
  • Xiphirx
I don't think he released the demo with Gohma in it :P

Still don't think the demo has Gohma in it...
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2009, 09:08:40 am »

did ya climb all the way to the top ????

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2009, 05:58:30 pm »
Mm I posted this on GMC but, I think you should make teh whole ground with those green tiles. If not, might as well get rid of the green tiles and replace em with the normal cave tiles, and possibly add a nice green mist effect on the ground. How are you getting the 3D aspects to work like shooting his when he's on the roof? I actually never got to the point (in real OoT) where Gohma dropped the eggs, because I just shot her down immediately...

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 81 queries.

anything