Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Timeline  (Read 3125 times)

Zelda Timeline
« on: July 14, 2009, 05:00:28 pm »
Re: Zelda Timeline
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 08:12:17 pm »
People need to stop this.  Unless It's blatently obvious (OoT->MM, OoT->WW->PH) none of them really fall into a "line."  Why can't anyone take the official statement ("This means that - unless otherwise specified - each new game represents a new Link and that there isn't a true frame of reference or timeline possible for the series.") and leave it at that?

under the alias DarkLink6235
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:13:49 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I'm pretty sure that's what someone said here at one point in time and it's what I think is most reasonable.  No one complains that the Final Fantasy games don't have a timeline.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:33:27 pm »
*Asks the moderators for a bit of leancy.

Ocarinahero10 is dimwitted nutcake that has to big an ego to know when something is pointless.

No really, I've seen dozens of theories and no matter how well thought out they are, the theories always contain flaws. Because the games are contradicting each other on some details. Additionally some asumptions need to be made, which is for every person different.

Everyone has his theory and many people have worked hard for it. I can understand that you want your theory verified by Nintendo. But when they say your wrong you just accept it and deal with. But you don't make a petition and try to force your theory down Nintendo's throat. It doesn't make Nintendo love the Zelda series any less, because his theory isn't accepted.

The timeline is something to be discussed by everyone and every theory has its flaws. Also the timeline, can be completely shuffled with each new installment. And if they don't connect, so what. Nintendo says each game is made as a new installment, so make your own timeline if you desperately need a timeline.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:36:51 pm »

Ocarinahero10 is dimwitted nutcake that has to big an ego to know when something is pointless.

No really, I've seen dozens of theories and no matter how well thought out they are, the theories always contain flaws. Because the games are contradicting each other on some details. Additionally some asumptions need to be made, which is for every person different.

Everyone has his theory and many people have worked hard for it. I can understand that you want your theory verified by Nintendo. But when they say your wrong you just accept it and deal with. But you don't make a petition and try to force your theory down Nintendo's throat. It doesn't make Nintendo love the Zelda series any less, because his theory isn't accepted.

The timeline is something to be discussed by everyone and every theory has its flaws. Also the timeline, can be completely shuffled with each new installment. And if they don't connect, so what. Nintendo says each game is made as a new installment, so make your own timeline if you desperately need a timeline.

This. Nintendo>Ocarinahero10.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:39:25 pm »

This. Nintendo>Ocarinahero10.

Agreed. I didn't post this because I like Ocarinahero10 (he is arrogant and stupid, and mentions how his timeline has "no flaws" and how he has done his "homework." Tool.), but rather, because Nintendo sent an actual response.

Timeline theory is silly in general.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:55:38 pm »
Timeline theory is silly in general.

Well, I don't think timeline theory is silly. It is actual a great addition to the game. It makes people involve and go into details like what textures used and what exact words are used. The same thing is with philosophies about design. It makes people get involved with the games beside just playing it. And that is just great, but don't expect your ideas and theories to be THE fact.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 02:08:28 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Rofl Nintendo said exactly what I've said for years :p I'm glad they did this

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 08:11:24 am »
  • .越//
Rofl Nintendo said exactly what I've said for years :p I'm glad they did this

obviously their is no real time line... you can realize it alone over the different Hyrule, Characters and some times those double used Characters like Tarin/Talon and Marin/Malon and what stands for itself: That the OoT Addon for the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive had become through the development to an own game with many double used character models from OoT and which shows it too that the development of OoT was a Link to the Past 3D and it seems very much like they fused OoT and LttP to TP together. With all that mixed up Stuff there can't be really a time line.

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 10:09:11 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I don't believe there is a timeline, but timeline theorising is still fun. So I just roll with it.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 10:14:34 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
OH MY GOD I SPENT 7 YEARS WRITING THIS TIMELINES FOR THIS GAME AND MAKING THIS AWESOME YOUTUBE VIDEO, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEND ME A LETTER SHOWING THAT YOU WATCHED IT SO I COULD HAVE PROOF TO SHOW MY FRIENDS THAT YOU WATCHED A YOUTUBE VIDEO I MADE, HOLY !@#$% NINTENDO IM BOYCOTTING YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 02:58:52 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
OH MY GOD I SPENT 7 YEARS WRITING THIS TIMELINES FOR THIS GAME AND MAKING THIS AWESOME YOUTUBE VIDEO, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEND ME A LETTER SHOWING THAT YOU WATCHED IT SO I COULD HAVE PROOF TO SHOW MY FRIENDS THAT YOU WATCHED A YOUTUBE VIDEO I MADE, HOLY !@#$% NINTENDO IM BOYCOTTING YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!

This pretty much sums it up.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 05:42:32 pm »
Yeah, I commented on his videos. He needs to seriously get over it. It's just a game, and after watching his dumb timeline, he misses where young link has to come back and kill ganon again to fit OoT, oh but wait, he's ASLEEP the whole time, and never leaves. Explain that.

Who really cares, zelda games are fun, leave it at that.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 09:48:37 pm »
  • .越//
Yeah, I commented on his videos. He needs to seriously get over it. It's just a game, and after watching his dumb timeline, he misses where young link has to come back and kill ganon again to fit OoT, oh but wait, he's ASLEEP the whole time, and never leaves. Explain that.

Who really cares, zelda games are fun, leave it at that.

i dont even have to watch his timeline theory to know that he misses some things and facts which make his "perfect" timeline crumble like a house of cards

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 10:23:23 pm »
He also states that he's not like those dumb retards on youtube who know nothing about zelda, and that he did his homework. Never answered my if link is asleep the whole time question...
Lame.

As if it was a big deal, he makes it like if they don't make an official timeline, zelda would be stupid.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 02:55:37 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
each Zelda game took place in another dimension.

Reality is a lie.

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 70 queries.

anything