Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Spam in Other Areas Besides Spam  (Read 8078 times)

Spam in Other Areas Besides Spam
« on: June 03, 2006, 08:30:28 pm »
It has come to my attention that spam is becoming more of a problem in other areas of the forum.  I feel that the existence of the spam forum is the cause for this.  The other areas are not just being spammed because of the spam forum's influence, but the other areas now have more trolling, unnecessary posts, etc.  If we are going to keep the spam forum, I would like spammers to keep their spam and attitudes in that area because it is negatively affecting my experience in the other areas.  I do not know if I speak for others or just myself, but I feel this must be addressed now.  Thank you for your time.
Re: Spam in Other Areas Besides Spam
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:17:28 pm »
Sure, if you see any spamming you can use the Report button.

I havent seen extreme spamming like in the Spam area that much.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 09:23:32 pm »
i haven't really seen any spamming outside of spam

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »
This is a well-known issue.
How to solve it? Stab the beast in it's heart.

Spam needs to go... :(
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 09:26:20 pm »
Now then, what about the fact that WITHOUT the Spam board there will be no outlet for Spam anymore and people will spam in normal boards instead?
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 09:26:20 pm »
Do you honestly think that works all the time?  There are quite a lot of times when no mod is on and the forum gets out of control.  No use reporting if there is no one around to hear me. 

Also, the spam in the other areas does not have to be "extreme", it is still spam and does not belong in the other sections.  I am tired of seeing people spam debates with senseless posts that are in no way beneficial to the debate itself, I dislike seeing trolling in places like community speak go unquestioned, and I am unhappy with the attitude of the mods toward it. 

FISSURE, you are the bulk, no, the entity that embodies spam.  You monger hate and spam.  For that, I dislike you as well.  And you used to be up there on my cool list.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 09:27:29 pm »
Do you honestly think that works all the time?  There are quite a lot of times when no mod is on and the forum gets out of control.  No use reporting if there is no one around to hear me. 

Also, the spam in the other areas does not have to be "extreme", it is still spam and does not belong in the other sections.  I am tired of seeing people spam debates with senseless posts that are in no way beneficial to the debate itself, I dislike seeing trolling in places like community speak go unquestioned, and I am unhappy with the attitude of the mods toward it. 

FISSURE, you are the bulk, no, the entity that embodies spam.  You monger hate and spam.  For that, I dislike you as well.  And you used to be up there on my cool list.

Actually i never spam outside the spam forum

good try though

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 09:28:52 pm »
  • .越//
i haven't really seen any spamming outside of spam

senseless posts like in wip zelda

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 09:30:22 pm »
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 09:33:46 pm »
oh no, 2 posts!

you sure showed me dawgy g

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 09:34:46 pm »
Please, stop turning this into a debate about what FISSURE does, and stick to the subject at hand.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 09:41:58 pm »
So now I cannot post truthes to back up what I say because they hurt people's feelings.  FISSURE spams and it relates to my topic.  I used him as an example of what goes on in other boards.  The debate topic 6/6/06 is a clear example of spam.  I just picked out one person who did both spamming and trolling to reinforce my argument.

FISSURE, there are plenty of other examples, but for the sake of me and everyone here, a list would be too long. 

I must restate though, my problem is not with FISSURE alone, but with everyone who posts spammy stuff outside of spam when they were allowed to keep the Spam forum.  That does not seem fair to the people who do not like spam.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 09:46:07 pm »
Killing spam won't increase the spam elsewhere... It'll only make people forget about it and look more into fangames and such...
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 09:47:57 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
4Sword, you have been trolling in this topic too.

For that, I dislike you as well.  And you used to be up there on my cool list.

And now I'm trolling for pointing it out.  Perspective is everything, and trolling/spamming isn't always that bad.  How is it hindering your experience here?
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 09:48:34 pm »
Look, we made a Poll, which resulted in most people wanting Spam. Then we decided to give the people who are annoyed by spam to ignore the board. And I havent seen a rapid increase in spam posts here, not more than usual. So bringing this up is simply another reason to get the spam board removed.

You might have good reasons for it. But I hardly see the spam section causing this.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 09:50:32 pm »
  • =/
Killing spam won't increase the spam elsewhere... It'll only make people forget about it and look more into fangames and such...
True, but President Bush is a bad president but we don't kill him.

I don't see much of this but I think we should promote me to Mod because I am very active on weekends.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 10:06:45 pm »

You realise, you're entirely incorrect.

Not allowing users to spam in an area, makes the jobs of moderators and administrators a lot harder to deal with.

If there is an area where people can let things out and act weird, its best to allow them to do so, then they wont spam up other areas of the forum, quiet as much.

Spam is something very hard to get under control in most situations, I think we do pretty well to control it here. There will be times when it slips out of our reach, and I'm sure we could do a lot better than we are doing now. We always need reforms, and we need to look at things in another view point sometimes. We're looking at other ways to improve our current spam policies as they are.

It will take time, but we'll clean up. For now I think we're doing a lot better than most places.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 10:14:41 pm »

You realise, you're entirely incorrect.

Not allowing users to spam in an area, makes the jobs of moderators and administrators a lot harder to deal with.

If there is an area where people can let things out and act weird, its best to allow them to do so, then they wont spam up other areas of the forum, quiet as much.

Spam is something very hard to get under control in most situations, I think we do pretty well to control it here. There will be times when it slips out of our reach, and I'm sure we could do a lot better than we are doing now. We always need reforms, and we need to look at things in another view point sometimes. We're looking at other ways to improve our current spam policies as they are.

It will take time, but we'll clean up. For now I think we're doing a lot better than most places.

Oh, yea, of course I'm the one that's completely wrong... >_>

Delete the spam section, don't allow spam of any kind here, let them take it to some other shity forum. We don't need it ruining us... I don't see what's so hard about simply having a no-tolerance policy on spam. Someone spams, delete post and warn. Spam again? Ban. Spam again upon return? Permi-ban.

You can't keep it undercontrol because you simple won't try to.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 10:16:33 pm »

There is a virus on the lose, all the people that get infected with it are put into a quarentined area.  The goverment decides it wants to take it's chances, close down the quarentine area, and let all the infected people run lose. Eventually everyone else gets infected and chaos ensues.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 10:18:42 pm »
  • =/

There is a virus on the lose, all the people that get infected with it are put into a quarentined area.  The goverment decides it wants to take it's chances, close down the quarentine area, and let all the infected people run lose. Eventually everyone else gets infected and chaos ensues.
Good example but we could just kill off all the infected people. (Spammers)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 77 queries.