Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: smilies  (Read 5603 times)

smilies
« on: October 29, 2006, 10:27:25 am »
I dont like any of them, and I just made some smilies for another forum
 :)
 ;)
 :D
 ;D
 >:(
 :(
 :o
 8)
 ???
 ::)
 :P
 :-[
 :-X
 :-\
 :-*
 :'(

go ahead and impliment them if you want
Re: smilies
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 12:08:37 pm »
  • [sic]
Hate to say it, but I don't really like yours. They look like little green men. Except, er, they're not green. :P
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:13:59 pm »
you hate to say it?
not that I really take offense but I highly doubt that. Ive noticed all graphical related images Ive made you have jumped in and made negative remarks about. (check my posts if you dont believe me)
Im quite certain youve been doing it solely because 'takam is the greatest spriter ever' and you'd prefer not to agree.
if thats the case, and Im certain it is - shut the !@#$% up.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 12:22:28 pm »
  • alastair
I think yours seem to show more emotion, but I Think people will want to keep the old ones because they're zelda themed  >__>
  • alastair
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 12:24:39 pm »
I think yours seem to show more emotion, but I Think people will want to keep the old ones because they're zelda themed  >__>
thats what Ive always hated about the custom emotes zfgc has had in the past, theyre always these tiny little link heads that are more sprites than emoticons, theyre just too small to make out the emotion (sorry zorafan), either that or theyre the default sets which just about make my eyes vomit
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 12:42:59 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I don't have anything against these being implemented, but i quess most of the members here do.
Those are great, but people here usually want zelda-related smilies.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 12:46:37 pm »
  • =/
 You do have a point, Zorafan's sortive lack any emotion at all. If I used a higher screen resolution (Which I don't but that is besides the point.), I probaly wouldn't be able to see the emotion. Yours on the other hand, the mouth stretches across the smilies face making it so you can see the emotion from a far distance.

Though, Zora's are Zelda-styled.... meh, I guess it is all what you really want: To show emotion, or to look good.

I don't have anything against these being implemented, but i quess most of the members here do.
Those are great, but people here usually want zelda-related smilies.
For no reason at all, I've always wanted Kirby-related smilies..... Kirby has the perfect shape..
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 12:50:21 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Yeah, i have to agree, that every emoticon here are hard to make out. They're just too small or badly sprited/pixelled.
I wouldn't mind if there would be more emoticon-sets here (better ones)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 02:53:40 pm »
  • =/
Stop debating about if they're Zelda themed enough or not... haven't you guys ever heard of smiley sets? There's absolutely no harm in adding them as a selectable smiley set as long as they're not made the default. So, just go ahead and add 'em Hyperhal, Andrew or WWFan so that the people who do want a clean and simple set can have it :P
So a Kirby smiley set is not out of the question?

*Goes to make one...*
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 03:15:31 pm »
I love Emotionalink... . It's very easy to see the emotion with them... .

I love Emotionalink... and I hate to say it, Taka, but... I hate yours :'(.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 04:52:26 pm »
  • hungry..
I really like them, and probably would use them if I wanted a change from the TP Link ones. Good job Taka :) I really dont get why people like the "Emotionalink" ones >_> .. I just dont see it lol.
  • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 05:47:27 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
The one's that are in default right now are perfect. How can you not see the excpression? The only one I am confused about is this one ---> :-* Why the hell is that in their.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 06:05:36 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
thats what Ive always hated about the custom emotes zfgc has had in the past, theyre always these tiny little link heads that are more sprites than emoticons, theyre just too small to make out the emotion (sorry zorafan), either that or theyre the default sets which just about make my eyes vomit

No offense taken, I know that mine are kinda hard to see the emotions and I look back on them and they make me feel sick, actually. (I did actually make a modified version where the emotions are more defined, but I never bothered to turn them in).

But I love yours.

you hate to say it?
not that I really take offense but I highly doubt that. Ive noticed all graphical related images Ive made you have jumped in and made negative remarks about. (check my posts if you dont believe me)
Im quite certain youve been doing it solely because 'takam is the greatest spriter ever' and you'd prefer not to agree.

I've noticed that too, he only says "Woah, nice sprite" if he's commenting on a reeeally crappy sprite. >_>;
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:08:29 pm by ZoraFan89 »
Helios did it.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 06:49:26 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
I love Emotionalink... . It's very easy to see the emotion with them... .

I love Emotionalink... and I hate to say it, Taka, but... I hate yours :'(.

come one you really don't need to say hate, they are good emotes that show their expressions so you aren't glued to the screen thinking WTF what the hell is that face????

and your emotes are good too.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 07:27:16 pm »
you hate to say it?
Dude, I truly understand and support your point of view, but jeez. You got to chill the hell out about that kinda things. Many guys here are prejudiced about things, especially about you, but that doesn't mean you have to be too. ;)

As for Kame, I believe that he TRULY doesn't like them... he didn't say he hates them, it's just that they're not his cup of tea. Matter of taste, really.

You don't need to make enemies and haters where you don't actually need, right? :)

As for me, I like that they're simple and yet look clean, and I'm sure I'd consider using them, once they're up. Good job.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 01:38:17 am »
no fox, kame is a jerk. Im not an idiot.
seriously, check my 'stop' topic, for some bizarre reason he felt the urge to post several times, explain it was a poorly scripted idea twice, and it made no sense four times.
Im not making enemies over these smilies, Ive considered kame a jerk for quite a while, and I decided this was the last straw.

and really, I didnt want a discussion about these, I made them for another forum, and if the admins want to impliment them, go for it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 01:41:11 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 01:20:26 am »
I like news smilies. It's very good. ;)
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 02:44:10 am »
  • [sic]
you hate to say it?
if thats the case, and Im certain it is - shut the funk up.
OK, first thing - I obsessively check the "Graphic Arts" boards, because I appreciate it when people comment on my own work and so I try to do it for others as well. I do realize that this isn't a problem for you though. ;) That's why I've jumped into all your posts. As for negative comments, the reason is that while I really admire you as a spriter and tiler (or tile-maker or whatever people call it), we like very different styles of sprites. Many of your original styles are very unique, and I like that, even if I don't like the smilies themselves. Also, I have had negative experiences with your reputation - that people ignore sprites by lesser-known or lesser-respected people (like me - I can't deny I'm self-centered) in favor of yours. Even so, I would never consciously bias my opinion because of that. It's just that I disregard all other factors and just judge the sprite for the sprite. Meaning that I often break the mold when I criticize a work of yours. Please, don't consider me as being biased, I try my hardest not to be, seriously. Oh, and I only said that I "hate to say it" because I don't want to offend. I said it to dispel the impression that you're already getting - that I'm giving negative feedback just for the sake of giving negative feedback. Which I'm not.

you hate to say it?
if thats the case, and Im certain it is - shut the funk up.
Dude, I truly understand and support your point of view, but jeez. You got to chill the hell out about that kinda things. Many guys here are prejudiced about things, especially about you, but that doesn't mean you have to be too. ;)

As for Kame, I believe that he TRULY doesn't like them... he didn't say he hates them, it's just that they're not his cup of tea. Matter of taste, really.

You don't need to make enemies and haters where you don't actually need, right? :)

As for me, I like that they're simple and yet look clean, and I'm sure I'd consider using them, once they're up. Good job.
Thanks, Fox. :) I think you just recovered from your drop on my cool-guy ladder that came from your "dis her ma dowg" comment. :D j/k, lol. It's all a joke. :P

no fox, kame is a jerk. Im not an idiot.
seriously, check my 'stop' topic, for some bizarre reason he felt the urge to post several times, explain it was a poorly scripted idea twice, and it made no sense four times.
Im not making enemies over these smilies, Ive considered kame a jerk for quite a while, and I decided this was the last straw.
Sucks to know that, man. :\ I actually liked your 'stop' comic a lot. My comments were based on the bizarre-ness of the idea of a talking stop sign. That was what I meant when I said that it didn't make sense, (in that a stop sign can't really talk :P) and I posted twice because I felt people were taking my comment to mean that I disliked it. Apparently I didn't do a good job of dissuading that idea at all. :P Also, my comments about it being poorly scripted were basically the same thing. That there was no explanation for why it talked, or even how it talked, and so it was a bit confusing. Still, it was cute, and funny, and I liked it. I try to tone down my negative comments by saying "somewhat" or "semi" (when i mean that), because it's hard to say that it's "averagely scripted" and still express what I mean. Seriously though, it sucks to hear that you think I'm a jerk, since I consider you a pretty cool guy.

Also, even though i previously disliked these smilies, simply for their graphical style, after seeing them used in your topic about your game, I've changed my mind. Seeing them in use, I actually realized that they are more expressive and easy to relate to than the defaults. I would use these if they were implemented.

Also, please, mods, don't lock this for "gravedigging" - it's still relevant, because he had something to say and the smilies haven't been implemented, so the issue is still actively.... erm, discussable?

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 01:43:14 pm »
So it turns out that Kame's reputation has not much to do with a personal aversion against you, .TakaM, but he has a different sense of humor and a different comprehension of what is funny and what not. And he is intended to tell you what he likes on your artwork and what not (regardless of whether you appreciate it or not). :)

LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS.

And let's put this to an end. It's getting off-topic.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 03:48:20 pm »
  • [sic]
Well, like I said, i'd like to see these smilies up here now,  now that I've seen them in use, i think they work quite well. The emotions are clearer and more understandable than the Link ones. And the defaults, which is what I use. :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 77 queries.

anything