Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The legend of Zelda Advanced  (Read 6591 times)

The legend of Zelda Advanced
« on: January 02, 2007, 05:53:32 am »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
I have been working on a MC remake of Zelda 1. This will be the exact same as the original except minish cap graphics. Here are a few screens and a demo which will include demo 1 and whatever part of the overworld i have created. Enjoy!

Screens: http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda029io4.png
             http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda030kg5.png
             http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda028tq7.png

Demo 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59BYCDJI
Re: The legend of Zelda Advanced
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:49:46 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
haven't played the demo, but only the first screen looks minish capish. you should use the minish cap link.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:34:25 pm »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
I geuss its sorta semi MC then but the dungeons and stuff are mc.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:50:08 pm »
I have been working on a MC remake of Zelda 1.
That made me laugh so badly... You haven't done any !@#$% at all!!! unless you call editing stuff in ZC is working...

gm112

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:51:12 pm »
Aw cmon H_B. Give this guy a break, at least he makes games ya know?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:04:22 pm »
LiNk1090 why can't you finish 1 of these 1200 games you modify in ZC?
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 10:11:23 pm »
  • A little Alive
wellI do agree with hyrule boy, you should make 1000 unfinshed games,
its beter to make one,
but so far the screenies look great:)
its a mix with 2 legends.
look okej:)
not very good but looks okej:)
(its not really my style)

any way good luck on finisheing this game.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 02:22:30 pm »
So... why a remake, again? I didn't get that point?

Dude.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 02:25:10 pm »

Dude.
Well the creators of ZC made Zelda 1 completely so what LiNk1090 does is, changing the 8-bit sprites to MC sprites and then saying he made it.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 07:08:36 pm »

Dude.
Well the creators of ZC made Zelda 1 completely so what LiNk1090 does is, changing the 8-bit sprites to MC sprites and then saying he made it.
He is planning on making an actual remake (or semi-remake, whatever) which is including that the storyline and all will be remade too. So basicly it is what all xx-to-xx-creators do (including you with MMGB and before that, OoTGB).

Edit: Also:
I have been working on a MC remake of Zelda 1.
That made me laugh so badly... You haven't done any !@#$% at all!!! unless you call editing stuff in ZC is working...
Pardon me? Somebody forgot how to behave. Give him a break. You can still say he didn't do anything after you can prove it. And there's no need for the f-word in your post.

I don't want to see that kind of posts again from you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:13:25 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:59 pm »
He is planning on making an actual remake (or semi-remake, whatever) which is including that the storyline and all will be remade too. So basicly it is what all xx-to-xx-creators do (including you with MMGB and before that, OoTGB).
The differernce is that I code everything from scratch! in ZC everything is already coded.

Edit: Also:

Pardon me? Somebody forgot how to behave. Give him a break. You can still say he didn't do anything after you can prove it. And there's no need for the f-word in your post.

I don't want to see that kind of posts again from you.
I say the 'F' word anytime I want.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:43:00 pm by Hyrule_boy »

/M/

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 11:18:31 pm »
You give Zelda Classic a bad name with all these horrible games, that you do in less than a minute. All these remakes you keep making, what is the purpose? Zelda Classic is already a remake of the original. You don't even change anything at all. Just copy > paste. Make something of your own, try to work, in ZQuest, which it is possible. You got the worst reputation in these forums. X_x

Hyrule_Boy:It is possible, to work on ZC. You just don't see it in these boards, since those who uses ZC here, or should I just say, Link1090, makes the worst use of it. He should be prohibited from using it. If you do not believe me, look for your self. It is alot more complicated than you think. Its the same as Game Maker, in both ways. ZC has a scripting engine also now, and it's main interface is similar to that of Game Makers Drag + Drop. Yet, most of the things is already done for you, in ZC, which is easier, and less time consuming, than to construct your own engine, for everything you wish to add in your game. Look at the records, there isn't one Zelda fan game completed in these boards, while with ZC there about 100 times more. What do you perfer? Work on a engine, that NOBODY has completed, or on a engine, with the highest completed projects? Apparently, you like to waste your time, making these small projects, that you never finish. Example? That GB LoZ 1st Quest you made. Another? OoT GB.

And, I suggest you guys ignore Link1090. He wants to draw attention and a reputation. Not realizing, he's getting the worst of both worlds.

Hero of Winds

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 11:33:45 pm »
Thank you /M/ (It's moi, Moonwhisper) You know, you guys might be all fancy and crap, but I've practically only seen a few good products that are actually original.  See, we have 140+ quests out there that are actually finished.  Sure, quite a few suck from the newbs who are too lazy, but most are fairly worth playing.  The Hero of Dreams puts a lot of you to shame and even puts Nintendo to shame, and it only took about 2 years, and you don't have to use every last space on the editor ;) ;)  And if you see Dance of Rememberance, you'll probably crap yourself, seeing what ZC is capable of.

Oh, and by the way, how many first quest remakes are there?  The first few were good, such as Origins and DarkFlameWolf's on PureZC, but I believe I'm the only one doing an actual one that is worth playing now.  Why?  It's over 100 times bigger.  More areas to make it gigantic compared to the original, more provinces, islands, etc. to explore.  Original Dungeons, actual side-quests, etc.  I don't even call mine a first quest remake at this sake.

Darkmog

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:42:25 pm »
Alrighty then. May I butt in? (By the way, this is Skipper.)

Basically, here's how it goes:

Too many people on ZFGC have used Zelda Classic, but have put it to bad use. This doesn't mean you should automatically assume that the Zelda Classic engine sucks, not by a LONG shot. In fact, I'm almost, if not fully, POSITIVE that over half the games that are being "made" with game engines such as Sphere or RPGMaker, or... some other engine like Gamemaker can't even BEGIN to rival those that are being made with Zelda Classic.

Frankly, I am just sick and DISGUSTED with what you say about Zelda Classic. In my opinion... the quality of quests that can be made in Zelda Classic is in the eye of the beholder. If you still think it's a "Zelda 1 clone", then... I'm sorry to say, but you are GRAVELY, GRAVELY mistaken. Just look at PureZC's forums/quest database, for example. I'm pretty God damn sure the quality of quests that have been made with Zelda Classic can beat the quality of games that HAVEN'T been fully made that were posted by members of ZFGC.

This is all I have to say. I hope your view of Zelda Classic changes.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 11:43:49 pm »
To tell you the truth this demo is great and I can't wait for the real version to come out!
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 12:14:54 am »
/M/
asking people to ignore someone, even if its in their own thread and you think you have a reason is childish
obviously hes made his own graphics, edit or not
and hes stating it will be the exact same thing, just with his graphics
then you go on to "slap his facts in his face", its !@#$%

also, make your own zelda game, then talk =)

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit

/M/

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 12:50:37 am »
These graphics, are not from him. Its from another person, by the name of "Freedom". He never made his own graphics, out of all the projects he posted. Also, I don't post here often, as you can see, so you don't what I am working on. And... You've yet, to make a Zelda game yourself. All you've made is that little editor, that has stolen graphics, from various ZC Users. Also, learn proper English please.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:55:54 am by /M/ »
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 01:01:35 am »
Alright, back on topic.  Stop the personal attacks and talk about his game.  If you do not like the person, I think that the best thing you can do is ignore them you know?  It is better than making him forum-infamous.

To the creator of this topic: Put effort into your games and do not expect praise unless you show something amazing.  If you put out a good thing rather than a million mediocre things, then at least you get respect, and in my opinion, that is really the only thing someone should strive for other than self-enrichment and personal relationships.  Anyway, try to be more into your projects and reply to them to silence your critics.  As long as you take yourself seriously, it will be alright.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:04:37 am by 4Sword »

NoeL

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 01:07:53 am »
Actually, they're not all Freedom's. I know those mountains were made by Mike Curry (aka PrinceMSC), who made this AWESOME quest YEARS ago http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=5. If you want to see an early version of ZC being used to its potential, this is the quest that does it.

ZC nowadays is VERY powerful, and many features from the GB Zeldas, LttP and even OoT have been implemented. It takes YEARS to make a good quest with ZC, and many of them are even BETTER than the GB ones. PureZC has some very talented quest designers, and while you may spit and say "Pfft, it's cheating using ZC cause it's all coded for you. I'm a real man who codes his own stuff", the fact of the matter is that if you coded something yourself that was on par with a good quest, it would take you years and years and YEARS to make.

EDIT: Ok ok, talking about the game... looks like a waste of your time to me. How long have you been working on it? A week? How long have you got to go? Another week perhaps?

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 01:17:13 am »
  • The Mike
If he wants to make a LOZ remake then let him be. Even though there are a lot of LOZ remakes out there, if he wants to make a better styled one then I'll say it again, let him be. I don't think flaming him is going to prove anything because your wasting your time in this topic then.

I agree, Zelda Classic is a really great game creation software.

Ontopic: If you are going to make your quest TMC style then you should use TMC sprites. If not, then you could modify the GB sprites. If you stay to it then it might be a nice put together game. Don't let other peoples flames and disses bother you. :)

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 78 queries.

anything