Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: News report: Hitler themed resturaunt opens.  (Read 5127 times)

Re: News report: Hitler themed resturaunt opens.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 08:36:25 pm »
remotely anti-semitic
Yes, but this wasn't remotely anti-Semitic, it IS anti-Semitic directly, and Hitler is directly related to the Holocaust. Jew's don't use the Holocaust as an example when they don't need to - trust me, they'd rather leave it alone - they only use it when something Holocaust-anti-Semetic-related comes uip, such as in this situation.

tippz

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 12:26:52 am »
They used the name to attract attention, not to be anti semetic. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. People name a restuarent whatever they want, it is their right, and the Jewish groups instantly jump on it 'holocaust was bad, it happened to us, so you cannot name your restuarant that!'
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 12:30:31 am »
Well, naming a restaurant after a dictator who killed 6 million Jews and planned on taking over the world, I'd pretty much say that naming a restaurant after him is anti-Semitic. Even if the creator doesn't dislike Jews, it's extremely impolite. But honestly, you wouldn't understand, you're not Jewish.

Pyru

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 12:36:29 am »
Well, naming a restaurant after a dictator who killed 6 million Jews and planned on taking over the world, I'd pretty much say that naming a restaurant after him is anti-Semitic. Even if the creator doesn't dislike Jews, it's extremely impolite. But honestly, you wouldn't understand, you're not Jewish.

See, I think that's even worse. I have every right to be just as upset, since two of my grandparents barely escaped execution from Nazi and Japanese forces during World War 2.

And you think that because they're JEWISH they would understand MORE? How?

I understand well enough, thank you very much. Naming a restaurant "Hitler" is not murdering anyone, so as far as I can tell, it's not bad at all.

Over-reacting Jewish people of the world? STFU, we've had enough of your bitching. The holocaust was over 60 years ago, so please, give it a rest for once. Please?
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 12:46:39 am »
  • Huzzowee!
They used the name to attract attention, not to be anti semetic. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. People name a restuarent whatever they want, it is their right, and the Jewish groups instantly jump on it 'holocaust was bad, it happened to us, so you cannot name your restuarant that!'
You're right in that people have the choice to name their restaurant whatever they want, but the Jews didn't say they weren't allowed to name it Hitler's Cross. If the owners had wanted to, odds are they could have kept the name. However, the Jewish community in the town protested the name and the insult that they felt. Hitler wasn't just some bad guy 60 years ago. He was a dictator who used his position of power and influence to carry out actions according to his own anti-semetic views. He is responsible for the millions of Jewish deaths, let alone the deaths millions of people of other minorities. He and Nazism are still the symbols for any evil men in the world and anti-semitism itself. Now imagine yourself a Jew in that city, and imagine the insult and horror you would feel to find someone has built a restaurant with signs that seem to glorify a man whose actions led to the murder of ancestors as recent as parents and grand parents. I have a lot of jewish friends, some of which have a hard time discussing the holocaust. I know people who have had grandparents or other relatives lost to the camps. Imagine having to grow up never having met some of your family purely because of one man's actions. Now tell me if Hitler was just some guy 60 years ago.

Just because you've never seen how people were affected first hand doesn't give you the right to say that they use it as a meaningless excuse.

Oh, and BTW, you're probably right in that the name was used to gain attention. It worked pretty damn well too if you ask me. I don't believe that there's anyone stupid enough to plaster Hitler's name somewhere in a glorified manner, especially in India, which is within bombing-range of Isreal. My only beef is that you think all Jewish people are petty enough to use the Holocaust, a deeply traumatic event, as a mere excuse.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 12:56:38 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Yeap, they have every right to name it that.

Anywho, while jews might overreact (because they always tend to overexaggerate Hitler's wrongdoings as if no one except them were targeted), you have to understand that a symbol or a simple name is often a lot more than mere "freedom of speech".

My only beef is that you think all Jewish people are petty enough to use the Holocaust, a deeply traumatic event, as a mere excuse.
Right.  I agree with that, but my thing is that you have to understand that they ARE trying to make us overlook that others were harmed too.

Then again, that mindset is the reason why 1/3 of all the world believes the holocaust never happened (because they think the jews exaggerate it out of proportion, because they're anti-semetic), but again-- many (not all) ARE quick to overlook others being affected as well.

Anywho...

...yeah.
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 01:09:57 am »
STFU, we've had enough of your bitching. The holocaust was over 60 years ago, so please, give it a rest for once. Please?
Ok, let's just ignore genocide. I've had enough of people's bitching that it should just be forgotton. Ok? I didn't say people who weren't Jewish wouldn't (or didn't mean it), the reason I said being Jewish to undersetand is because the people who got upset were Jewish. Ok? Jews don't think they were theo nly ones targeted - they know they weren't. But, they were the main ones persecuted. Using Hitler gives off an anti-Semitic connotation, you'd have to be an idiot not to recognize that.
You don't hear anti-gypsy jokes about gypsy's burning in the oven. Anything "racist" involved with the Holocuast is strictly towards Jews - Jews were the majority of people killed - or even at least, they were ones most involved in the Holocaust.

And Alex's post basically summarizes my point, except for this:

Code: [Select]
My only beef is that you think all Jewish people are petty enough to use the Holocaust, a deeply traumatic event, as a mere excuse.
WHich in the occasional case is true, but in this case, isn't just an "excuse" - it's horribly offensive.
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 02:19:53 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Right.  I agree with that, but my thing is that you have to understand that they ARE trying to make us overlook that others were harmed too.
They aren't trying to make us overlook everyone else so much as they are... not mentioning them. Think of it this way though: when people talk about something, they tend to talk about how it relates to them, so Jewish people talk about how Jews were targeted. Which is another thing by the way: although many different minorities and groups were targeted, none to such an extent as the Jews were. Hitler was anti-semetic after all and blamed the Jews for all his tragedies - his father losing his job and becoming poor, his denial from art school, all the things he disliked about his life. So what happens is he moves from Austria to Germany, joins the Nazi party, becomes the leader, gets involved in politics, and once Hindenburg dies he manages to take over completely. But I digress.

Obviously other people were affected. Just take Poland for example. Other people that were specifically targeted were Communists. Russians, Slavs. Also anyone that was against Hitler or aided said groups would be hunted as well. But, since the Jews were a more personal enemy of Hitler, they were targeted first and in ways no one else was. In Germany they were first degraded, mocked, branded and outcast from society. Everyone else was either just killed or sent to camps... I say "just" but you know what I mean. They weren't as much of an "interest" to Hitler as the Jews were. It is therefore understandable how the Jews will often stand out and refer to their problems only rather than include the other victims.

Also, since this topic has evolved from a mere comment to a debate, I'm moving this. Congratulations! The topic has been upgraded to First Class for no additional charge!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:22:03 am by Alex2539 »
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 03:02:07 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I hate debates, which is the reason I blocked the debates section, and is the reason im locking this.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 55 queries.