Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ganon´s balcony  (Read 11899 times)

Re: Ganon´s balcony
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 05:36:01 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, it's all just my suggestions. The castle you already did looks great, and would work fine. And I don't really have time to do everything I'm telling you, so if you don't want to do it, you don't have to, I'm sure the game would rock with your castle that's already done : )
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 06:02:22 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Well, it's all just my suggestions. The castle you already did looks great, and would work fine. And I don't really have time to do everything I'm telling you, so if you don't want to do it, you don't have to, I'm sure the game would rock with your castle that's already done : )

Meh I gave it another shot  :)
Any Better?
I took out the clock because it was a pain...

Oh and if it get used in the game... YAY!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:05:42 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 08:03:10 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I´ll see what I can do. (A lot of work to do...  :()

Oh you have no idea what you got yourself into ;)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 09:08:31 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I´ll see what I can do. (A lot of work to do...  :()

Oh you have no idea what you got yourself into ;)

Spriting Hell...
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 10:00:22 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I really like this version! The color change is awesome because it makes this stand out more from Minish cap, and cool windows. They really fill up the space. Using planters over the corners where the entry connects with the wall was a good move too, made that transition nicer.

So, I hope you don't mind me adding a little to your work, but I tried to work something out with the clock, because you're right, it is a pain. But I think the castle could use some more interest in the center so that it has more hierarchy and visual interest and stuff. And I tweaked the places where the balconies meet the castle so it'd make more sense for Link to walk right up to the climbing places. I was also playing with the windows on the right side to try new things. Your windows are good and a great height, but I wanted to look at a bunch of options to see what works best. Anyway, what do you think? It took me like all day to make some minor changes, haha. I don't know how you work so fast but it's awesome.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:16:50 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 09:09:16 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I really like this version! The color change is awesome because it makes this stand out more from Minish cap, and cool windows. They really fill up the space. Using planters over the corners where the entry connects with the wall was a good move too, made that transition nicer.

So, I hope you don't mind me adding a little to your work, but I tried to work something out with the clock, because you're right, it is a pain. But I think the castle could use some more interest in the center so that it has more hierarchy and visual interest and stuff. And I tweaked the places where the balconies meet the castle so it'd make more sense for Link to walk right up to the climbing places. I was also playing with the windows on the right side to try new things. Your windows are good and a great height, but I wanted to look at a bunch of options to see what works best. Anyway, what do you think? It took me like all day to make some minor changes, haha. I don't know how you work so fast but it's awesome.

WOW DUDE!!! Thats great!!

The only thing I dislike are the ALTTP statues. They don´t fit the style... (I´ll see if I can find a good subtitute) Did you put them there so link has to move them in order to get to the balcony?

I work fast thanks to GraficsGale, it gives me all I need to work fast and I use MS Paint to twik the tiles when they don´t quite fit. have a look at u youtube channel so you can see how I work: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-PCSYjaPpUiOLcgBGnTxg
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:17:22 am by Spritonic »
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 02:52:11 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah, I thought the path to the balcony from the bottom and from the right side should be completely separate paths, and wanted to make it so you couldn't get to the middle from the barrel path. I figured having gargoyles to push would work. I did a gargoyle that fit the style based on the dogs from minish cap, but with horns and wings and it looked alright but not that good. These don't look the greatest either, but I used them as placeholders to get the idea out.

So yeah, let's look at finding something else for those. Also, how do you feel the little wooden building is working? I think there's still a good amount of work to be done in general on the courtyard, putting in a path, adding an entrance/gate at the bottom, and generally adding stuff to make it an interesting place stead of a blank grassy area. Also, I wonder which would look better, the grass with brick/stone paths, or a stone/brick courtyard with patches of grass and bushes?

But for now, I'm trying to decide if I like the wooden building- having a stable makes sense and gives us an easy way to climb up, but maybe something else would look better. I was thinking fountains on either side of the entrance, and the left fountain had either vines to climb or climbing stones. The wooden building works, but does look a little cheap in an otherwise very regal setting. So maybe something else could work better, what do you think?
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 03:03:42 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Yeah, I thought the path to the balcony from the bottom and from the right side should be completely separate paths, and wanted to make it so you couldn't get to the middle from the barrel path. I figured having gargoyles to push would work. I did a gargoyle that fit the style based on the dogs from minish cap, but with horns and wings and it looked alright but not that good. These don't look the greatest either, but I used them as placeholders to get the idea out.

So yeah, let's look at finding something else for those. Also, how do you feel the little wooden building is working? I think there's still a good amount of work to be done in general on the courtyard, putting in a path, adding an entrance/gate at the bottom, and generally adding stuff to make it an interesting place stead of a blank grassy area. Also, I wonder which would look better, the grass with brick/stone paths, or a stone/brick courtyard with patches of grass and bushes?

But for now, I'm trying to decide if I like the wooden building- having a stable makes sense and gives us an easy way to climb up, but maybe something else would look better. I was thinking fountains on either side of the entrance, and the left fountain had either vines to climb or climbing stones. The wooden building works, but does look a little cheap in an otherwise very regal setting. So maybe something else could work better, what do you think?

Well, I just finished putting the decorations and the path on the garden area. About the gargoyles, I took them out for now until we get a good substitute, I was looking and found nothing :P.
As for the Stables, I don´t know, I thinks it makes sense that they are there, but maybe make them of stone?
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 03:28:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Dude, looks good! Couple gameplay things, I don't think the player should be able to walk all the way across the front over the gate to get from either side to the other, because that would defeat the purpose of needing to find new ways to get up, I think. I was figuring the way to get to the right side would be from outside the castle, you climb over from a nearby building. That way the player needs to do a little more exploring to get up rather than being like, well they closed this path. Guess I'll just walk around...

About the stable, I don't know if making it all stone would fix the problem. Maybe just making it taller and just a bit nicer. Rather than having the knots and knobs in the wooden roof, making them more regular? And having a door to the stable maybe? I mean, its only purpose is to work as access to the upper levels, so a fountain would work just as well and perhaps look nicer, O just think for making the best choice on what to have we should look at the most options.

If you want, we could each take a path, you go the stable route and I'll add in fountains tonight to try it out and see which is better?
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Dude, looks good! Couple gameplay things, I don't think the player should be able to walk all the way across the front over the gate to get from either side to the other, because that would defeat the purpose of needing to find new ways to get up, I think. I was figuring the way to get to the right side would be from outside the castle, you climb over from a nearby building. That way the player needs to do a little more exploring to get up rather than being like, well they closed this path. Guess I'll just walk around...

About the stable, I don't know if making it all stone would fix the problem. Maybe just making it taller and just a bit nicer. Rather than having the knots and knobs in the wooden roof, making them more regular? And having a door to the stable maybe? I mean, its only purpose is to work as access to the upper levels, so a fountain would work just as well and perhaps look nicer, O just think for making the best choice on what to have we should look at the most options.

If you want, we could each take a path, you go the stable route and I'll add in fountains tonight to try it out and see which is better?

Go for it!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:41:31 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 03:51:46 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Cool, I'll do that tonight. Also, the stable door is a bit odd, horses don't usually have doorsteps :p
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 04:05:45 am »
  • It's just Max.
So I tried out adding some fountains! I like them, but as far as how exciting it might be for the player to climb up, perhaps the stable would be more exciting. I also tweaked the bushes along the path to be closer to the door so the hedge is more divisive, and used a cobblestone path from an old king of thieves version of Hyrule town, which I thought might be nice, since it's got the triforce and all.

Personally, I think the fountains are more elegant and display how rich the royalty is, since they've got the comparatively unattractive stable hidden elsewhere. However, I think the stable is a more exciting thing to climb up, it's not so much, oh, I'll climb these bricks, the player is like, hey, can I jump up these barrels? Yes, cool! I also like the way you've got the plants, so I dunno. What do you think the best parts of each are?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 10:51:56 am »
  • Just call me Brad
So I tried out adding some fountains! I like them, but as far as how exciting it might be for the player to climb up, perhaps the stable would be more exciting. I also tweaked the bushes along the path to be closer to the door so the hedge is more divisive, and used a cobblestone path from an old king of thieves version of Hyrule town, which I thought might be nice, since it's got the triforce and all.

Personally, I think the fountains are more elegant and display how rich the royalty is, since they've got the comparatively unattractive stable hidden elsewhere. However, I think the stable is a more exciting thing to climb up, it's not so much, oh, I'll climb these bricks, the player is like, hey, can I jump up these barrels? Yes, cool! I also like the way you've got the plants, so I dunno. What do you think the best parts of each are?

I REALLY LIKE THE PATHWAY!! I tried something else for the fountains, What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:59:38 am by Spritonic »

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 12:19:24 pm »
  • Idk
I prefer Max's fountains but maybe with some other statues in the middle, it looks a bit more royal.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 12:35:50 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
The color of the fountains does not match the rest of the palette and looks very off.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 01:39:38 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Added Max´s fountain and changed the statue to the king´s statue.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:46 pm »
  • Idk
I had my mind towards something like this?
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I had my mind towards something like this?

Hmmm... Any better?
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Those statues look great, Sinkin! You don't happen to have any gargoyles or other statues that could go on here to help guide the player around? :p

So, Spritonic, you added in the windows and the big arch I did, but I have so say I don't really think I like them. I mean, the stained glass is cool but I was lazy and there's something weird about the shape or perspective or something. Honestly, the best windows, I think, are the ones shaped like this:

But I guess my point is, use your best judgement, regardless of if I think they look good or not, either go with the windows you like best or make new ones that work better.

Other observations, it looks like something is going on with the path, at bottom of the triforce bit, like some pixels got smashed or jaggy or something. Also, maybe the path should connect with the stairs instead of having a strip of grass there?

Finally, if the roof path connects over the gate, that kind of defeats the purpose of having two separate ways up to the balcony. For gameplay purposes, Link shouldn't be able to walk around from one side to the other.
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 04:55:01 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I just gotta say I'm super impressed with the work you guys are doing on this :P The effort is tremendous

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 78 queries.

anything