Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zelda fan game needs help  (Read 10097 times)

uma

Re: New Zelda fan hame needs help
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2007, 12:38:32 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Good. It was intended to be that kind of dry humor that some people get and find a little amusing. I didn't mean to upset anyone or anything, i'm just trying to... wait... Oh snap! What was I trying to do?
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 01:05:30 am »
Er, TLFY, in my opinion, I don't think ZFGC is prepared at all for novices at Game Making... pity...
In case you really want to go on with Game Maker, good luck, I suggest you to download the tutorials on GameMaker.nl, learn something from it, read the whole manual (seriously, I didn't - but I regret it >_> so lazy :3), and later when you got the basics of Game Maker, download the engines found on ZFGC as well as on other Game Maker-related boards...
By the way, I suggest you to type correctly, it gives you a non-noob and a good aspect in most boards. ;)
Anyways, your situation kinda of reinspired me to write stuff to help the novices... hopefully, this week I'll put hands to work... ;D
Good luck with Game Maker learning.

(Before I forget: In before the lock...)

Chesu

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 01:21:03 am »
The problem with most people new to things like Game Maker is that they want to make games alone. They think they can be cool, all-in-one developement teams, doing everything required to make the greatest fan game ever. Unfortunately, they don't know what they're doing, so it always ends up along the lines of...

n00b: hey i need a moving engine and some sprites and someone to make completely original music and someone to do coding for me and oh is it okay if i dont credit your work kthxbye
Everyone else: ...n00b.

They want it to seem like they did everything on their own, but at the same time they want other people to do everything for them.
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 01:27:09 am »
Well, I fully-agree with your last phrase, Chesu.
I'm also a bit like that, taking off the part where I want the people to do the whole thing for me, I think that depends on personalities, I'm very autonome (spelling? :\), and every thing I've done with Game Maker, was alone - I can't work on teams. :S
Anyways, for novices, I think working alone is good. Gives them experience, learning, don't have them depending on others...
But that depends on each one's opinion, and wouldn't be a bad thread on Debates... :P

(in before the lock, I just have the feeling this topic can't be unlocked forever... >_>)

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

Re: New Zelda fan game needs help
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2007, 01:45:30 am »
i got the manual and im doing great so far =) so i think i can pull through this by myself my sisiter knows codeing a little bit so i should be alright except for maps :-[

uma

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 01:47:31 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Chesu is 90% right. Except he mentioned "They think they can do everthing alone". Thats what i'm doing for my game, *UBER SECRET CAN REVEIL YET YOU NEED TO WAIT AHTH*. I can compose, sprite, script(In rpgmaker), tile, animate, ect... and i've gotten pretty far. Just wait a couple months. I may make a thread soon.

But other than that, he is right. You need ALOT of experience to attempt a project alone.(Heh... i'm not saying anything! :D) And thats why almost no indie games or fangames for that matter are never finished.(Once again, not saying anything.) Especially in the rpgmaker community.(Not saying anything...) Yeah thats right gamingworld! I'm talking about you!

EDIT: Oh, and i'm not replying to ToLiNkYfOrYoU. He just posted for before me.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 01:53:13 am »
i got the manual and im doing great so far =) so i think i can pull through this by myself my sisiter knows codeing a little bit so i should be alright except for maps :-[
Nice to hear... Just don't forget, it takes some time ;D
Don't forget: don't overdo it, nor start planning too big...
Good luck.

Chesu

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 02:06:11 am »
You were close... I'm fairly sure it's spelled autonomy.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with working alone. I actually usually work alone. What I was saying is that it wrong to think you can handle a big project on your own, when you first start using the program.

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2007, 02:07:20 am »
I got alot of maps to create i gotta start thinking (i need to make A liink to past hyrule field,Ocarina of time land-)( all over)(-Twilight princess land,Termina field/clock town and  the whole land etc.....)

thanks to yall who wish me luck i got alot of work to do... im debating if i should make it a online game type thingie
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2007, 06:49:42 am »
I got alot of maps to create i gotta start thinking (i need to make A liink to past hyrule field,Ocarina of time land-)( all over)(-Twilight princess land,Termina field/clock town and  the whole land etc.....)

thanks to yall who wish me luck i got alot of work to do... im debating if i should make it a online game type thingie

It just keeps getting better and better

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2007, 02:46:25 pm »
...I can totally see the future of this...

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2007, 02:46:53 pm »
Oh, dear God, it's the Lord of the N00bs; Return of the poo.

Okay. We have a brother and sister who can't spell, map, code, sprite, draw, or anything else. They have a very bad little base story. They're going to combine the best of Nintendo's game, each which took near to 5 years to make.
Their game is going to be online.
The person who created it, and will be main programmer, doesn't understand a single IF statement.

I feel like commiting suicide.

EDIT: XD! Sir Cyrus, that is so damn hilarious. I'm adding you to my list of people to hail. You'll be in third. Here's my list so far:

• King Lunar
  • Emperor Zoru
  • Sir Cyrus
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 02:48:24 pm by cb43569 »
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2007, 03:06:13 pm »
Maybe you should start of small... trust me it'll earn these guys respect faster... plus your making a Four Sword remake from all the previous games... thats BIG
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2007, 04:14:14 pm »
Maybe you should start of small... trust me it'll earn these guys respect faster... plus your making a Four Sword remake from all the previous games... thats BIG

He also may make it online :D

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2007, 06:24:10 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
ok lemme offer some advice.  And if anyone has mentioned this before, sorry i'm not reading through this whole thread.

anyway, you have a base idea, but you can't well...do much with gm.  Make a design document and elaborate on the story and EVERYTHING else in the game.  Bosses, items, dungeons, characters, gameplay etc etc etc.  While you do that, work in game maker to figure out how to use it.  Pump out some short arcade games with the manual as a guide.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

ToLiNkYfOrYoU

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2007, 06:52:52 pm »
Well i already have the story ready and spirtes to but the problem is that i am using the manual and im doin pretty good

i need maps weapons swords some spirtes and thats all and sir Cyrus thanks for dissin me what if it turns out to be a good game (i kinda have a title screen but i dont know) look over at my icon i think i did pretty well that when i did a little touch ups tell me how you like it

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2007, 09:13:22 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
but the problem is that i am using the manual and im doin pretty good

I don't see how that's a problem O_o

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Chesu

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 10:38:36 am »
Aside from how hard it would be to pull off, the idea behind your game is really... well... bad. If you insist on making a Zelda game, why not make something original?

Also, Sir Cyrus, just seeing that image makes me shudder. Is it safe to assume that the blocks themselves are objects, and that the player object controls every single aspect of the game environment? :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 74 queries.