Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ninten in Mother 3 Graphics  (Read 1611 times)

Ninten in Mother 3 Graphics
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:52:02 pm »
I edited Lucas' sprite from Mother 3 to be Ninten from Mother 1. See?

Comments and Criticism. More edits of the Lucas sheet to come.
Re: Ninten in Mother 3 Graphics
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:11:19 pm »
  • LINK RULES!
Incase your woundering, Nintend is ness anyway,
nice edit
I LIKE SPRITES!... AND SIGGYS!

A recent study shows that 92% of teens have moved onto rap. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% that stayed with the good music.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:35:38 pm »
Incase your woundering, Nintend is ness anyway,
nice edit

No. NINTEN (no d) is Ninten. It's a different character. Ninten and Ness do look like almost the same person, but they are very different. Ninten has asthma*, Ness started his quest being a bit chubby**, Ninten lives in a region of rural western USA, and Ness lives in Eagleland. Also they have entirely different journeys.

* Ninten's Mom says something to Ninten in the beginning of Mother 1 about his asthma. And if a car enemy sprays exhaust fumes in your face you have as asthma attack and need to take some medicine to heal it.

** According to a cop in the beginning of the game, Ness is chubby. Or something similar.

And... Thanks for the comment. ;)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:43:53 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
They're still practically the same person. They're as similar as Link from OoT and Link from tWW.
(Ignore that if you want to. It's not like I know anything.)

Nice edit though. You should do a whole sheet.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »
They're still practically the same person. They're as similar as Link from OoT and Link from tWW.

They're not the same person. Neither is Link from OoT and Link from WW. They look similar. But they are different people.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:11:06 am »

They're not the same person. Neither is Link from OoT and Link from WW. They look similar. But they are different people.
Uhh I think that's what he was trying to explain, that OoT Link and WW Link are not the EXACT Link's, but with very similar qualities. ;)

Anyway though, good job on the sprite. :)
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 02:47:42 am »

Uhh I think that's what he was trying to explain, that OoT Link and WW Link are not the EXACT Link's, but with very similar qualities. ;)

So if I find a random guy on the street that looks almost the same as me, same facial features, clothes, etc... We're practically the same person? No. A person is not determined by looks. He is determined by what he does and who he is. And Ninten and Ness do very different things and are very different people. :)

uma

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 05:04:20 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

If I remember correctly, Ninten is Ness's father(Who you never actually see). Just wanted to point that out.

Anyways, I like it. Though I would change the hat... He wears it sideways in the claymodel:
http://starmen.net/mother1/images/clay/ninten.png
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:10 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...

So if I find a random guy on the street that looks almost the same as me, same facial features, clothes, etc... We're practically the same person? No. A person is not determined by looks. He is determined by what he does and who he is. And Ninten and Ness do very different things and are very different people. :)

No... because in the real world and not in the 2D graphics world you have an identity. In the 2D game world you are a few pixels which interact with other pixels and do such things to manipulate the idea of a personality. And seeing as this is only a graphic right now, it could be ness.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:38:07 pm »

If I remember correctly, Ninten is Ness's father(Who you never actually see). Just wanted to point that out.

Anyways, I like it. Though I would change the hat... He wears it sideways in the claymodel:
http://starmen.net/mother1/images/clay/ninten.png

Ninten is Ness' father... I never heard that one. Where'd you get that idea from? If Ninten were Ness's father that means his mother is most likely Ana from Mother 1. Because near the end Ninten did tell her he lover her, or something similar I remember. And if you compare Ana and Ness's mom in Mother 2, I bet they would look very different. More so than age can change. Yeah. I tried to give him a sideways hat while spriting (i used that clay model for reference) but it turned out bad. I thought nobody would mind/notice. I'll work more on the sheet today.

No... because in the real world and not in the 2D graphics world you have an identity. In the 2D game world you are a few pixels which interact with other pixels and do such things to manipulate the idea of a personality. And seeing as this is only a graphic right now, it could be ness.

It couldn't be Ness because of the fake personalities these characters are given are very different. They are similar only in appearance. And if you look close there are some visual changes too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 55 queries.