Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 242931 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 08:22:05 am »
Okay, I forgot about those parts. My mistake, sorry about that. And shame on Nintendo for having such a poor grip on aspectratios.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 08:24:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Beauty of lttp (well actually it's something bad about it but w/e in this context it's beauty)--- They use varied levels of detail for almost everything. Bosses for example have a lot more depth than other elements of the game. The game's artistic style is almost very lazy looking, but it's for that same reason that debating about a sprites style in lttp is pretty futile :P almost as futile as nitpicking perspective on it as well (since lttp uses varied perspectives as well; IE dungeon vs overworld)
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 08:26:02 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?

I honestly, really like it! It is better than MC deku trees too (and trust me, I love MC-style). This is actualy what I imagine a FSA style Deku Tree to look. (Although FSA is MC+ALttP.)

I'll be honest, this whole time, I have no idea what a canopy is and am too lazy to look it up on dictionary.com. I'm guessing it is just the leaves atop a tree. Am I correct?
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 08:39:44 am »
You are correct! lol

And now, my last piece of the night..

Nothing major, just felt the old one was stiff and lifeless. I think it looks a bit better now. Can't have the sages looking boring, now can we?

And with that, I'm dead. For the next 6-8 hours, anyways. Should have the Deku Tree finished tomorrow before 3, in theory. Will keep you guys updated.
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 10:08:22 am »
The deku tree concept thing is looking amazing, keep at it and it might just be the best deku tree sprite available, I'm more impressed with your work as this topic progresses. I want to see more :D
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 11:29:35 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Looking great so far. Good luck with the shading.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 04:05:56 pm »

Getting closer... :)

Comments? Suggestions?

I kept lowest layer of my canopy tiles underneath my shadowy overlay. It adds some dimension to the canopy and doesn't really break any of the rules of ALttP.

I placed the wood texture from the log tunnels of the last woods. It was only supposed to be temporary but I like it a lot as of right now.. may keep it.
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 05:08:00 pm »
And I plan to animate the mouth like so:

Obviously with a good few frames for a smoother transition, but I thought the face moving up as the mouth comes down would be a cool touch. Instead of just having his mouth drop into a door. That's pretty lame.

For those who want to see how it's progressed.

I'm probably halfway done, lol. Still a lot of editting to go. I want to take the back roots and angle them away more, and make them half as visible.. They look too distracting to me.

Also trying to decide how thick I want to outline it. I don't want to overdo it, but the outlines on most everything will have to be doubled like they are now.. It's the only way I can keep the depth of everything going. lol

When this thing is done, I want someone to tile me up the Deku Tree area.. but I want it to remain similar to what I have. With the enclosure towards the back of the tree under the canopy. I don't want anyone to be able to move the screen past the canopy which I won't have. lol

And then we can animate it with fairies and fireflies all over the place. Haha. Just thinking out loud here.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:46:14 pm by Master Yoshi »
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »
And I plan to animate the mouth like so:
Also trying to decide how thick I want to outline it. I don't want to overdo it, but the outlines on most everything will have to be doubled like they are now.. It's the only way I can keep the depth of everything going. lol

When this thing is done, I want someone to tile me up the Deku Tree area.. but I want it to remain similar to what I have. With the enclosure towards the back of the tree under the canopy. I don't want anyone to be able to move the screen past the canopy which I won't have. lol

And then we can animate it with fairies and fireflies all over the place. Haha. Just thinking out loud here.
Comming along nicle. (Woot I'm the first to comment on your almost complete tree.) I give it 8/10. I think around the roots you need to thicken the outline and give more detail rather than take some away. Also, the Deku Tree area (if we are talking about the outside and not inside) is just a basic forest tileset actualy. The only thing besides the actualy tree that isn't ALttP-ish is the Gossip Stone, and considering your skills should be simple. On the other hand, if you mean the inside, I think you should map out everything else and dungeons last becuase many people have tried and failed at making OoT2D projects. I think after this, you should try something terminian like the clocktower or the Stone Tower.
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 08:53:22 pm »
He is just trying to make an LttP version of the Deku tree, not to recreate the OOT area in 2D.
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »
He is just trying to make an LttP version of the Deku tree, not to recreate the OOT area in 2D.
Yes, but he mentioned "Deku Tree Area". What I ment is if you are maing interoir in 2D format, don't do it. If he is means the terrain of where it is, he needs to make an ALttP Gossip Stone.
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 09:27:56 pm »
He only said he'd like someone else to tile a Deku Tree area when he's done with the actual tree itself. And he also said that the area under the leaves would be cut off, so there probably wouldn't be a Gossip Stone regardless since it was placed back there in OoT.
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I just wanted to say that I really like your sprites Master Yoshi!

I like Darunia's new look and that Deku Tree is looking better and better! Great work!
  • My Music

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2010, 11:40:22 am »
  • .越//
i have a suggestion for that tree... why don't you put these leaves around the area instead of the normal trees... maybe some rocks underneath and you would have a deku tree area... the deku tree is a massive and really big tree so the crown is above the area where the entrance lies

bad example in the attachment

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2010, 02:45:14 pm »
  • Idk
Looking great! I can't wait until you make animations of the Link sprite.  :D
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2010, 05:10:32 pm »
Oh wow! Do you have a link (lol) to the art in your icon? I LOVE it.

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2010, 07:37:46 pm »
wow the deku tree is looking awsome, keep up the good work. ;)
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »

About 70 percent done. Don't judge my shading too harshly. It's mostly quick paintbrushing to give me a solid idea of what I am going for.

In this one I've tried to texture the rest of the tree to look like a tree. You'd be surprised how hard that actually was... Also changed the furthest back set of roots, as well as the eyebrows and mustache (which I am not happy with and nowhere near done with.)

So yeah.. I have to clean up my outlines pretty badly, it's all still my rough sketches, lol.

So as of now, I am planning on adding a shadow around the tree, same as the smaller trees cast. Basically just giving depth to the roots and the tree's connection to the ground.

Speaking of the roots.. I am finding them a pain the ass to shade. I don't like how the front most set has turned out so far. Probably going to have to add far more detail to them or something. They just look too cartoony. I may end up doing circles like I am attempting on the nose. That may do the trick.

Also note that I editted the area and the shadows. Heh.

So yeah, don't judge the 'pillow shading' as of right now. It's all temporary and I promise you I can up the quality before this thing is done. Haha.
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2010, 10:03:06 pm »

The only things that bother me here (besides the pillow shading) is that the center of the tree is too webbed. Make it more narrow and add a sharp corner. Remember, trees usualy are angled, bent, rough. Also, there is a single ear on its left side, I think you should get rid of it. Also, the Canopy needs to be less cemetrical. I really love what you did with the Deku terrain, but you should make custom trees to match the Deku Tree's Canopy.

Overall, I give it a 9.5/10
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »

The only things that bother me here (besides the pillow shading) is that the center of the tree is too webbed. Make it more narrow and add a sharp corner. Remember, trees usualy are angled, bent, rough. Also, there is a single ear on its left side, I think you should get rid of it. Also, the Canopy needs to be less cemetrical. I really love what you did with the Deku terrain, but you should make custom trees to match the Deku Tree's Canopy.

Overall, I give it a 9.5/10

I am not following you at all as far as the tree being webbed and a sharp corner.. elaborate, or give me a quick MS Paint edit with red lines or something.. lol

You may mean how rounded it looks on either side of the eyebrows. I'm probably going to modify that. Undecided.

The broken branch on the right isn't meant as an ear. It's just there at the moment.. and I like it. It's a nice piece to accentuate.

The canopy is possibly going to be redone to be less symmetrical, haven't decided yet. I am rather fond of it as is. And pretty much every thing imaginable is mirrored in ALttP.. so it wouldn't really matter much. The problem with making it less symmetrical is that it will probably look lop-sided.

And the area is nothing final. It's merely the flute boy's area in ALttP with some modifications. Just needed a small, enclosed area with a big opening for the tree to sit in.

And nah.I'm not gonna edit the ALttP trees.. the smaller things are, the less detail. The bigger, the more. That's how it works in my head when I think of ALttP style.

What my scene really needs is some dead leaves all over the damned place. That will probably be the next thing I do. But I'm about to shower and be off for the day. Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 76 queries.