Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Ideas  (Read 4952 times)

Lost Ideas
« on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:21 am »
  • It's just Max.
So, since we've been working on Hyrule Town, the first thing you do there is have a tutorial of thief movement from Link's friend. However, besides pickpocketing, the only moves we have are climbing walls, hiding in barrels, and wall running, which I think was planned as one you learn later.

For the sake of having Link actually able to move like a thief, I think we should add a couple we discussed ages ago, like...

Rope walking- along clothes lines, etc. basically just treats these objects as bridges that you can traverse linearly from their endpoints, but Link moves slower and with a balancing animation.

Walking along narrow ledges- basically the same as rope walking, linear, slowly, different animation. Wind Waker had this.

Moving while hanging- Like most 3D games, Link can hang below a ledge and shuffle left/right. Basically the same as walking along narrow ledges, but below instead of above.

I feel like they're mostly the same kind of movement, there's defined endpoints, Link moves along a set path at a slower speed with a different animation. Just different situations require different ones. None of these were listed on the Wiki that. I could find, so I figured we should decide yes/no so we can put places to apply these movement types since we're starting to design environments.
Re: Lost Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:19:51 am »
  • It's just Max.
Oh, and the other thing I noticed while searching for mentions of the thief movements was a loooong while ago we were talking about having rings/gems Link could find (through sidequests/exploring/stealing) that altered his abilities a bit, like the rings in the oracle games. I think it'd be a good idea because it's always better to have more things to discover when exploring (in Minish cap it was like, "MORE seashells! I didn't want these to begin with!, or "MORE ruppes, my wallet's already full damnit!").

We could do it like in Minish Cap when you found those butterflies that let you swim faster/dig faster/whatever else. So there's like six or seven of these rings and they boost you abilities like climbing faster, walking along narrow ledges/tightropes faster, shooting bombs/arrows with less reload time in between them, ability to shoot sword beams without full health, etc.

It's pretty non-integral to the game, so if it'd be annoying to program or whatever it'd be easy to leave out but I thought it was worth revisiting. As long as I'm totally distracted from other projects while thinking about this game again :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 38 queries.

anything