Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - January 2010  (Read 11927 times)

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: Nominations - January 2010
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:06:42 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
From this day forward,
all of my nominations
shall be in haiku.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »
I voted for Surface due it's consistent updates and all the features it's going to have. It looks like a lot of fun. =)
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 11:02:53 pm »
"This message is to inform you that your vote towards the project you selected will not count unless you specify in at least one sentence in that topic why you voted for it. You still have to the end of the month to specify. Thanks for your time."

oh wow talk about dumb stuff.. anyways I prefer Zelda Sword of Divination for the following, we are in a zelda forum, meaning we need to support zelda games to be completed we got 0 fan games completed since we started, Surface is a cool game but seems really wipish to be considered PoTM, probably next month when we see more.
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 11:35:45 pm »
Yeah, it is pretty dumb to give the whole community the ability to decide which project wins the award and then to have the audacity to ask for at least one sentence explaining why each user voted the way they did. This moronic requirement by virtue of its uselessness has ensured that the nominations topic will have posts in it, and because of that it happens to be more visible to all those who haven't voted but might still want to vote.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 12:28:16 am »
  • Minalien
Yeah, because the character contest and similar users-voting-for-!@#$% contests have totally shown that the post would get no activity beyond people placing their votes.

Oh, wait.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 01:39:29 am »
The contests you mention didn't have nominations alongside voting and were either primarily based on popularity or were not frequent enough to require a real system of fairness.
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 01:52:54 am »
  • Minalien
The contests you mention didn't have nominations alongside voting and were either primarily based on popularity or were not frequent enough to require a real system of fairness.
Yeah, because gods forbid we support a project's nomination because we like it, rather than which we think is the logical, by-the-books choice. I mean, that would just be unfair. And I'm sure we all know that people won't just come up with some random fact about the project to use as support for their choice. You know, because this totally isn't about popularity like aforementioned contests, and people wouldn't dream of coming up with any random reason to support the project that they like more.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 02:45:11 am »
Any user could like certain projects here, but keeping secrets about why they like the ones they do doesn't help anyone out. It is almost always a given that a user would vote for a project they like - the incomprehensibly small requirement of 1 sentence can either reiterate that sentiment or if a user wants to they can elaborate as to what they liked specifically.

For the time being this is how it is going to be, and it really isn't that much; heck, you've practiced forming sentences in all of your disagreement. If you do not like that, then don't participate or expect to be counted in the system. No system is really going to please everybody. Now if we could please, let's have further discussion go towards either nominating a project or votes being done on a project's behalf. That is what the topic is about.
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 02:51:45 am »
  • Minalien
Any user could like certain projects here, but keeping secrets about why they like the ones they do doesn't help anyone out. It is almost always a given that a user would vote for a project they like - the incomprehensibly small requirement of 1 sentence can either reiterate that sentiment or if a user wants to they can elaborate as to what they liked specifically.

For the time being this is how it is going to be, and it really isn't that much; heck, you've practiced forming sentences in all of your disagreement. If you do not like that, then don't participate or expect to be counted in the system. No system is really going to please everybody. Now if we could please, let's have further discussion go towards either nominating a project or votes being done on a project's behalf. That is what the topic is about.
Yeah, just continue ignoring every disagreement with your point of view. After all, singular "leaders" that ignore problems and enforce their own policies seem to have worked out well for SMF, and will probably work out well here.

Before you mention that I'm the only one complaining about this, look at the number of votes. I'm the only one saying anything about it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:54:16 am by MiNalien »

• Development Blog

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 03:09:40 am »
I beleive MiNalien's right, but I don't beleive it's up for debate. 4Sword's proposition isn't THAT hard to live with, and MiN, if you don't want to write, why write several paragraphs worth arguing. It's not as if your reason isn't a good enough reason, your vote will still count even for an, "I like ______ better than _______, because _____#1 appeals to me more," like sentence.
the incomprehensibly small requirement of 1 sentence can either reiterate that sentiment or if a user wants to they can elaborate as to what they liked specifically.
4Sword, nothing is keeping people from elaborating without presenting a "You must give a reason" rule.

This moronic requirement by virtue of its uselessness has ensured that the nominations topic will have posts in it, and because of that it happens to be more visible to all those who haven't voted but might still want to vote.

This topic has enough posts from simply arguing as it is. I don't really care about the sentence requirement, but IMO, this may have gotten a little out of hand.

That will be all.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 03:32:10 am »
MiNalien, I've addressed your concerns with reasons stemming from my point of view, so I haven't ignored you at all; having this conversation with you now even further proves that. Anyway, Dark-Hylian, if there wasn't a requirement for elaboration, there would be a lot of users who wouldn't give one; having the easy requirement ensures that all who want to be counted do.

And yeah, this is getting a little out of hand. Further discussion should be limited to nominating or voting; discussion of what was nominated is also alright too and posts that deal with the wrongs of the system will just be deleted.
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 03:36:00 am »
  • Minalien
Alright, Cathy, I give up. I'm sorry. I'll stop asking why you decide to flash off your "I'm the administration" badge.

I vote for Sword of Divination because it has been a game that I have followed for a couple years, I am good friends with the developer, it is one of the few games (and the only one of the two nominations) that isn't being developed using a RAD tool, and I have seen a large amount of progress and hard work being put into the project.

• Development Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 03:52:29 am »
I like both projects. However, I'm going to go with Sword Of Divination. I've seen it get worked on constantly, and it only keeps getting better. It deserves to be POTM.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 04:17:51 am »
  • The Broken King
On ZFGC
cause Mamoruanime
made me vote surface

Apparently I have 1413 posts here. I didn't realise I posted that much on this incarnation of ZFGC. Does post count mean anything? Am I more of a person because, in the past, I reached a 4 digit post count on this board?
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 04:19:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
On ZFGC
cause Mamoruanime
made me vote surface

XD for one! that's not a haiku!
FOR TWO! You've totally been a part of it's development by your many many helps XD

Okay fine it's a Haiku if you say "ZFGC" like "ZEE EFF JEE SEE", but I say "Zufgk".
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:22:16 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 04:30:36 am »
  • Minalien
On ZFGC
cause Mamoruanime
made me vote surface

FOR TWO! You've totally been a part of it's development by your many many helps XD

Okay fine it's a Haiku if you say "ZFGC" like "ZEE EFF JEE SEE", but I say "Zufgk".
I find it funny that it was 7/7 until Wombat popped in, then it went 7/8 in favor of Sword of Divination.

• Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 04:35:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
On ZFGC
cause Mamoruanime
made me vote surface

I find it funny that it was 7/7 until Wombat popped in, then it went 7/8 in favor of Sword of Divination.
Actually it was 7/8 before he came in :P he didn't really vote XD
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 04:36:37 am »
  • Minalien
On ZFGC
cause Mamoruanime
made me vote surface

Actually it was 7/8 before he came in :P he didn't really vote XD
!@#$% WAS I TALKING TO YOU? RAISE YOUR HAND BEFORE YOU SPEAK OR I'LL SEND YOU TO THE PRINCIPLE'S OFFICE.

And stuff.

• Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 04:39:45 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
:(!

*raises hand*

PS I nominate (but don't vote for due to personal conflict) horn of balance =3
I like the general direction it's going in, and design-wise it seems to be in the right path. A lot of very intuitive development methods are going into it that I find to be quite awesome. RAD tool or not, it's all about how you use it against your limiations :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:59:38 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 07:50:36 am »
Horn of Balance.

Love it because of all the projects I ever tried on ZFGC, this is the only one I can remember playing that made me feel so nostalgic.  I really feel that I am playing Zelda on the snes again.
Keep up the great work!

(though it would be sweeter if you would have continued working with the PureBASIC engine >.>)
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 80 queries.