Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Should the Story and Information be revealed?

Please, the suspense is killing me!
- 4 (66.7%)
I don't mind either way
- 2 (33.3%)
No, I don't want spoilers
- 0 (0%)
Id rather find it through playing it
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 26, 2010, 04:30:48 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goddess of Darkness Story and more revealed?  (Read 2314 times)

Goddess of Darkness Story and more revealed?
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:30:48 am »
So after requests, demands and questions... it has come to me.

The game is in its early production phase where all the assets are still being created and worked on to be finalized for the game itself.

But on the other hand, others seem to want to know what the game is all about.

Would you rather wait like all the other official Nintendo released Zelda games for anything regarding the story or are you just so impatient and can't wait any longer that you need to know now?

Cast your vote, it ends on 6/25/2010!

For further encouragement and ideas or anything you may think of, please post it here!
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Goddess of Darkness Story and more revealed?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:37:39 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Not to sound bad, but all we've ever seen from any of these projects have been a bunch of scattered planning and hopeful remarks, but nothing really to show any hope of completion :x

I think ultimately if your project is put together enough to be developed, you wouldn't have to have so many different threads about it.

I say just focus on making the game, instead of concerning yourself with the hype of it all :P It's more beneficial to you and everyone else.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 05:36:53 am »
I completely understand that Mamoruanime, but I have not really put much effort into posting much of it online though I DO have the necessary means to show it.

Its mostly been through development with the programmer and putting effort into the game than the community so I thought maybe others might want to respond.

But yes the game can have some majorly buggy demos out but the game itself is forming :3
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 05:38:27 am »
I have to agree with Mammy. And I apologize in advance if this post will sound rude, but it has to be said.

When I came here I thought those first screens were pretty awesome. But since then the only progress you have shown are posts about how you have progressed with no real content. First you had someone developing an engine for you and you had most of the assets done and you story figured out. The next thing was that the title changed. Then you needed to figure the story out once more in RPG maker. Next was that you changed to Unity for your engine. And now you say that the assets still need to be worked on. You seem to be devolving with your game.

I seem to remember that you once gave this month June as the month of release for your game. But I can see now that it is more like June next year.

Sorry, but you are making a fangame and not something commercial. Al this secrecy and hype is rather pointless. At this moment I see this game already as a failed project.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:47:17 am »
And you forgot to remember I had no online access at all other than my iPhone for more than a year, that is why no content or pictures have been posted since then.

I just recently got an internet connection and have been working on the game myself.
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:49:16 pm »
I understand where both sides are coming from. This community is reasonably skeptical of every fangame posted by a member. And Janet, has simply not had a way to show his project online, but has actually been working on it.

:/ Internet is stupid if you ask me.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:20:00 pm »
His?

Fans are just lead to believe every project will end in failure, let them think what they want :3
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:02:22 pm »
I did not forget you had internet problems. And my skepticism does not come from the lack of trailers or screenshots.

Breedlove: I am not skeptical towards every fangame. It is the contents of Janet latest updates that have made me a bit skeptical towards her game.

Before she changed the title it seemed as if she was progressing nicely. But then the name changed fitting better to the story and she even had to try the dialogue first in RPG Maker (which seems a bit redundant if you can test it in your own engine that someone had been developing for her). Later she took a new engine in Unity. Now it seems she has work once more on assets. With each post it seemed she had thrown away what she already had in favor of something new and thus creating only more and more work.

That seems to me as if progress is actually going backwards instead of forward. It could also be that Janet did not sketch her situation more clearly before. Or it is my fault for misunderstanding her. One thing is clear though, that her secrecy around it does not help getting a good view of her progress.

And I stay with my point that secrecy for a fangame is completely pointless.
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:27:34 pm »
I admit secrecy is kind of pointless but I think some fans may want to wait for the real thing.
The story and plot was given but not everything.

This project was originally planned for DX Studio but I found Unity to be better after all.
The reason I used rpg maker for the dialog was I had no way of interactively creating my vision in plain text and setting up and taking more time to develop a dialog system was pointless... thus why I went to RPG Maker.

The project was further planned through my phone and I didn't organize everything right and I'm currently cleaning things up, so I may repeat things.

But it's up to your assumption if this project will fail.
Game Designer and Artist

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 12:01:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Fans are just lead to believe every project will end in failure, let them think what they want :3

It's not that at all; it's just seeing such scattered planning casts a gloomy cloud above the project's head.

Thing's aren't organized. You've jumped between programming languages to scripting languages (that can't even correlate) while saying progress has been made; but the progress you say you've made would require a rewrite for every jump you've made.

It just appears that you're taking one step forward, and consistently taking two back. It doesn't sound well planned, which is going to keep it from ever getting a lead on your steps backward :P It sounds to me like you have a story planned out and no idea how to execute it in a game format.

Ultimately what I suggest is for you to sit down and study a language and become fluent in it before taking on the project. It will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 12:12:07 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
@Breedlove: Janet is a girls name.

@Janet: The suspense is killing me. :)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 12:18:14 am »
My bad, I was tired. I read Janet as a random username rather than the name of an actual person. :P
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 04:53:07 am »
Its okay lol

On the other hand I have been doing side projects and learning new things, so that has stopped me a little bit.

Anyway, enough talk its time to work on the game more :3
Game Designer and Artist

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 64 queries.