Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Ganon: Return From Darkness  (Read 3168 times)

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
Legend of Ganon: Return From Darkness
« on: October 06, 2006, 03:31:36 pm »
  • Rock Howard
Before anybody asks, I am still working on HM: SD. This is a project that will be worked on whenever I get bored with working on SD.

THIS GAME IS NOT SOLO. I WILL START ASKING PEOPLE TO HELP WHEN I WANT TO

If you've been around since the old SMF, you probably remember this idea I came up with one day. I DID post it back with a very early idea of what I wanted to do with the game, but it wasn't so great with ehere I was with it. But now, after thinking about my idea for a good long time, I feel that its now a good time to reveal this information for all to see.

.-:Storyline:-.

The year is 2009. Its been nearly 1000 years since the events of OoT occurred. The land is peaceful and thriving, technological advacement at its best. But our story is centered around a young boy by the name of Hal. Hal is a decendant of Link, the legendary hero that sealed Gannondorf once and for all, bt he does not know this. His parents have kept this fact from him since the day he was born, in order to avoid any unneeded attention to him and his family. In fact, the family has gone so far as to change their name and all, completely erasing the link between them and those times.

"....Of course, Ganon couldn't stand up to the combined powers of the Triforce of Wisdom and Courage in the end, could he?" questioned the history teacher as he paced around the room. Hal let out a loud grunt and replied with "Link just got lucky, I'm pretty sure Ganon would have kicked his ass if Zelda weren't there." Hal didn't really have a liking for Link. In fact, he hated him. The only thing they'd discuss in history was how he stabbed some black guy in the face. The only thing that perked his interests was Zelda. The way she looked and how they talked about her, he'd be ready for anything if he met her in real life.

Before the history teacher could assign any extra homework to Hal, the bell rang and all the students flodded out of the room. Hal caught up with his usual group of friends, and proceeded to catch the trai home. As the four sat on the train, the only girl in the group, Pechi, had suddenly been hit with a massive headache. She started screaming, and Yoshi, another one of Hal's friends, grabbed her and started chanting something before pushing his hand onto her head. "Had another premonition?" questioned Yoshi, letting go of her. "We need to get off the train now" said the now okay Pechi. Hal turned around and started to ask her why, but before the words could come out, he was struck in the head with a large piece of metal.

Shortly after, Hal regained concious, and then got up and looked out the front of the train, which was completely destroyed. What he saw was utter chaos. Monsters flying everywhere, buildings blowing up, people being murdered on the streets, utter disarray. Completely speachless, Jed walked up to Hal and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Ganondorf was freed 10 minutes ago."

Objectives

The mission of the game is to travel to the three poles of the world to obtain the spiritual treasures needed to create the Legendary Sword of Time in order to slay Gannondorf. While doing this, you'll need to kill 9 of Gannondorf 's Generals. The three poles of the world are located in Antartica, Brazil, and Africa.

Gameplay

The gameplay will be a mix between Tales of Phantasia and LoZNES2. I haven't entirely worked out the details yet, but the way the game is  going, your going to have a overworld where you'll get into random battles. Within each battle, you'll have the opportunity to hold two weapons. Anything on the battlefield can be used as a weapon. The weapons you currently are holding can be switched between one and another on the fly, without the use of a menu. You can even dual wield if your character can handle two weapons. This game is mean't to be very menu minimalistic during battles, so mostly everything you'd need a menu for can be done during a battle. Battles are real time, and nothing pauses the battles, except for the pause button. Example: Theres a metal stop sign on the sidewalk. You can pull the sign out of the sidewalk and use the pole as a weapon to beat the enemies. Example2: You can smash the concrete and use the pieces to beat a monster. There are no stat points or anything like that. Your effectiveness you use a weapon will be based around your strength. It is also possible to wield an enemy's weapon, just so long as the enemy is dead or not holding it. Basically, the possibilities are endless. You can even use a car as your weapon if you have the correct strength.

As a new feature thats only been in this game (As far as I know), in order you use a weapon effectively, you'll need to have a certain strength rating. For example, if your strength rating is 15, you'll be able to hold a regular sword just fine. But if you wanted to hold a giant slab of concrete, your character will strain continuoly to try and use the weapon. Your character will drag the slab on the ground, and will fail when trying to swing the slab. In order to wield the slab correctly, you'll need to increase your strength by either a) Using a weapon slightly heavier than what you can effectively use, or b) work out. When you use a weapon heavier than what you can wield, your stamina will go down. When your stamina drains to zero, your character will either black out, or be unable to use any weapons. The lower your stamina, the more likely it is for you to hit lower than what your supposed to. Example: Your stamina is at 40%, so you'll be more prone to hitting 40% of what you should be hitting. Stamina can be replenished with magic or by resting at a hotel. You also have the option of allowing one of your teammates to sleep during a battle, but they'll wake up abruptly if attacked, with a possibility of a one kit KO.

You will have a constant party of four characters, each with their own specialization. Hal, the main character, will be based around sword-type attacks, although you CAN build him to be another class. Yoshi, one of the supporters, specializes in ninjitsu. He will be extremely fast and very able to do long combos, with the ability to throw stars and other skills. Pechi, another supporter, will be based around the magic class. She will be able to cast real-time, but if hit while casting, the skill will completely stop. The last supporting character, Jed, will specialize in being a archer. High accuracy and armor piercing attacks is this guy's specialty. Remember, your characters don't HAVE to be what I set them to be. They can be whatever they want, and special skills are unlocked it you hybrid between classes. Everyone has their own special skills that go with EVERY class, so it'd be good to experiment to see what happens.

There will be team skills, however they are all completely custom. The effectiveness of a team skill depends on your relationship between your party. If you were to choose four high level skills as your team skill, your relationship would have to be pretty close for the skill to succeed.

Other craps

The way the game is going, its most likely going to be ported to Linux and Windoez only. If there are any development teams that would like to assist in getting it onto other consoles, feel free to tell me. You'll get complete credit of being the ones to port it.

The game is expected to have online and LAN capabilities, as its a very team oriented game.

Also, your character has the opportunity to listen to the radio while in a batlle/mission.

And uh, I think thats it for now. I'll update whenever I can think of what I wanted to post >_>
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 03:13:31 am by Hyperhal »
I guess I should start visiting this website again. ._.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: Legend of Ganon: Return From Darkness
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 03:43:53 pm »
GREAT IDEA! Hope a demo is released soon.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 04:04:50 pm »
Good Storyline, but it sounds like the kind of story that could just as well hold it's own without having to add a "Legend of Zelda" theme into it.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:35 pm »
Great idea, Hal not liking Link and all.  An early timeline for my game was going to do was Link(you get to chose the name though) didn't like Link, but it turned out to be his dad...
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 07:32:29 pm »
  • A little Alive
Sounds pretty cool cant wait for screenshots or an demo.. or maybe both:)
If U need some help I am always open like every one knows :)

good luck  :ganon:

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 02:25:42 am »
  • Rock Howard
Good Storyline, but it sounds like the kind of story that could just as well hold it's own without having to add a "Legend of Zelda" theme into it.

Actually, I'm still debating if it should be a Zelda game or not. Everybody wants me to make it an original though, so thats where I might go.

And I updated the post.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:59:22 am by Hyperhal »
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 02:59:54 am »
  • :'O
Little of topic but do you want me to fix your signuature I really don't like that look its
sooooooooooooooooooooooo ugly the pixels !@#$% me off

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 03:19:25 am »
  • Rock Howard
It was intentional, and yeah that post was kinda out of place.

Add something related to the topic if your going to post in one.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 04:19:47 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Name the character Ganon Jr instead >_> anyway good story so far (although i hope it is no where near done)
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 06:44:10 am »
  • A little Alive
you should make a poll and ask the people if it should be zelda or not :D
you should try that
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 07:29:30 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Awesome storyline. I say that it's up to you if you make it Zelda or not, though I personally think the storyline would be awesome Zelda or not Zelda, and it will all come down the the Gameplay (which in theory, sounds awesome).
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 01:52:19 pm »
(although i hope it is no where near done)
I think this would be the intro.

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 09:04:43 pm »
  • Rock Howard
Exactly right. Anything else revealed and it'll be spoilers >_>
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 09:08:14 pm »
  • :'O
It was intentional, and yeah that post was kinda out of place.

Add something related to the topic if your going to post in one.
Yeah your story is great it you really give a lot of info

but still you want me to fix that signuature
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 11:12:19 pm »
cool storyline
what program r u gonna use?
  • Ferdows Forums
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 03:59:02 pm »
  • A little Alive
you should get rpg maker 2003 :D
I think it a good an easy prograam
I have used this one for abou 6 years now :O
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 70 queries.

anything