Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: !@#$% yeah new 4 player 2D wii mario and new Metroid game  (Read 4130 times)

Re: !@#$% yeah new 4 player 2D wii mario and new...
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 12:08:11 am »
  • Fear my Blades
New Golden Sun DS, everything else is pretty much filler to me after that...  Mostly because the only recent gaming machine I own is a DS, but also because Golden Sun is that good.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
Re: fugg yeah new 4 player 2D wii mario and new ...
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 07:27:12 am »
OFF-TOPIC: Hehe, this topic is really hilarious to read. It seems Nintendo is never going to be able to do something right with their fans. This year Nintendo shows off many new Mario games and a new Metroid game, something everyone was screaming about what they wanted to see last year. Last year they showed games from less known franchises and even some new IP's. And this year you want to see that. What will it be next year. Nintendo showing of new IP's and everyone screaming for new Mario and Metroid games? This is freakin' hilarious.

ON-TOPIC: The 4 player NSMBW seems a nice new game, but I don't know how much I will be playing it in multiplayer mode. Hope the singleplayer brings some new stuff too. It still isn't 4D, but 4P :P. With Galaxy 2 the only new feature seems to be Yoshi. Ah well the future will tell if the games will be good.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:41 pm »
  • With a Capital G
The 4 player NSMBW seems a nice new game, but I don't know how much I will be playing it in multiplayer mode. Hope the singleplayer brings some new stuff too. It still isn't 4D, but 4P :P. With Galaxy 2 the only new feature seems to be Yoshi. Ah well the future will tell if the games will be good.

Total agreed, NSMBW looks unique, even though I rarely get to play 2P games let alone 4P. I wish they could have had some screenshots at least of a few more levels.. the demo looked pretty same-y and some variety could have made it more excited.

They said Galaxy 2 is 90-95% new content, but aside from the obvious new features shown and the fact that it'll have new levels, it looks exactly the same. Some graphical changes would have been nice..

These are petty complaints though. I'm sure they'll end up being fun, even if they aren't visual advancements.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: !@#$% yeah new 4 player 2D wii mario and new...
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:45 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Oh god this new metroid game looks terrible :\... Yeah "Lets strip all of the elements that made metroid great and keep releasing games!" -_-;;
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 10:22:40 pm »
What're you talking about Mammy? It looks like we finally get one that's back out of the visor and in third person again. I was getting sick of the prime series, I wanted more of the Super Metroid-esque ones.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 10:29:42 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
They said Galaxy 2 is 90-95% new content, but aside from the obvious new features shown and the fact that it'll have new levels, it looks exactly the same. Some graphical changes would have been nice..

These are petty complaints though. I'm sure they'll end up being fun, even if they aren't visual advancements.

Whilst I agree, you gotta remember, this isn't the next step in Mario games, its Galaxy2. So you gotta expect less difference then there was between Sunshine and Galaxy.

Oh god this new metroid game looks terrible :\... Yeah "Lets strip all of the elements that made metroid great and keep releasing games!" -_-;;

Man, I couldn't agree with you less. I think it looks stunning.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:53 pm »
  • b e p i s

Well yeah, it certainly looks like a blast to play, but it doesn't look like a Metroid game at all. Metroid is about tension and a feeling of isolation, not ridiculous fights, anime stylings, and explosions.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 11:57:13 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Well yeah, it certainly looks like a blast to play, but it doesn't look like a Metroid game at all. Metroid is about tension and a feeling of isolation, not ridiculous fights, anime stylings, and explosions.

I'd almost bet you that it's level based, instead of an open non-linear world. -_-;; Where's the fan service? D:
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 06:05:04 am »
What the gameplay is, is still confusing to me. The only things that made sense were the awesome FMV's. I have never played any of the Prime games, mostly because of the first-person view. But Team Ninja seems to break Nintendo's "no voice acting" rule and I'm wondering how that will turn out.

Why the gameplay is confusing, is because I some parts that indicate the following:
- RPG-ish battling (like FF).
- Third person view action shooter (like the current Zelda's).
- First Person Shooter (like the Metroid Prime series).
- Side scrolling shooter (like the original Metroids).
- Battle Royal blast-away arena (like SSB with guns).

So I don't really know what to think of it. We will just have to wait until 2010 I guess.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 01:42:36 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
They need to stop being Square Enix, and start being Nintendo, and coming up with innovative new titles, rather then milking what's worked in the past. You can only run and jump to collect 120 stars so many times.
speaking of square, arent they making kh for the wii with new play controls? and a new ff cc? no one cares =/

but golden sun ds looks AWESOME and smg2 should be good as well as the new 4p mario

and as for the new metroid im curious as to what team ninja will do with it, and after loosing their head man and creative fuel behind the teams bigger games its really up in the air.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 11:03:12 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
What the gameplay is, is still confusing to me. The only things that made sense were the awesome FMV's. I have never played any of the Prime games, mostly because of the first-person view. But Team Ninja seems to break Nintendo's "no voice acting" rule and I'm wondering how that will turn out.

Why the gameplay is confusing, is because I some parts that indicate the following:
- RPG-ish battling (like FF).
- Third person view action shooter (like the current Zelda's).
- First Person Shooter (like the Metroid Prime series).
- Side scrolling shooter (like the original Metroids).
- Battle Royal blast-away arena (like SSB with guns).

So I don't really know what to think of it. We will just have to wait until 2010 I guess.

I don't see how there're any RPG-ish battles shown in the trailer. I do hope that it goes back to the roots of the old Metroid games (Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion with skippable story parts).

I actually think that a Z-Target control scheme would work for 3D (oldskool-like) Metroid games. However, it'd be nice if that once-long-ago proposed Metroid ... Dread? was actually worked on. An actually 2D Metroid would be nice.

Like I've said before: Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. Just because a console can do God-knows-how-many-polygons on a console, doesn't mean you have to. Just because you can make a behind-the-character camera view doesn't mean you have to.

...Dang, I'm ranting again just like in the other topic about the new Wii Zelda. X_x

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 60 queries.

anything