Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Original Project from scratch  (Read 1611 times)

New Original Project from scratch
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:35:01 pm »
  • Fight the Power
So I've been thinking about this for a while. I've been meaning to post this for a long while now, but I've been busy with other things that had also kept me from coming to the forums.

The idea would be making a small team of 2 or 3 people who are somewhat new to game developpment and working together to better our skills and make something out of this experience. There would be no leader, I'm just organising things. We would just gather in an instant messenger and brainstorm ideas. (Pretty much like we did Jeod, if you're reading this :P)

We would be using Game Maker 7.0 and 2d Graphics. Also, we're not making a fangame, we're making an original game with original but simple graphics. Attached is an example of what I mean by simple graphics. Of course, that's a 2 years old work of mine, it's nothing impressive. We don't have to use that perspective either. Remember, it's just an example.
As for the music, we shouldn't worry about it until the game's half finished.

To join, you'll need minimal experience programming using an object-oriented language. If you have never used GM before, that's okay though.

Remember, we would be doing this just for fun and to learn from it. There is no plot for the game yet, no graphics style is defined yet (other than custom, original and simple) and not one line of code has been written, yet.

So if you want to join or have any questions, just post here or PM me. :)

Note: I don't plan to start working on this any time before the dungeon contest is over. After all, we're still trying to get something done in time.

Current Team:
-Jeod
-Me
-Spot open!

A fourth spot is possibly available.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:05:22 am by Darunia »

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: New Project from scratch (original)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:52:01 pm »
Looks fun. I don't know squat in GML though, so I can't join unless you're ok with me just spriting.  ::)
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Re: New Project from scratch (original)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:59:30 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Quote from: You
I don't know squat in GML though, so I can't join unless you're ok with me just spriting.
Quote from: Me
To join, you'll need minimal experience programming using an object-oriented language. If you have never used GM before, that's okay though.
I thought you could use other programming languages? :O
I *could* do basic coding, but I still need somebody to help me see the things I don't. Basic logic and whatnot. Would be cool if somebody else that knew a bit of GML joined too, though.

So you're welcome to the re-join team, if you will. :P

Anybody else? :) C'mon it's gonna be fun people! >:O

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 43 queries.