Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polaris  (Read 3026 times)

Haru

Lightning
Polaris
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:03:29 pm »
I want to share my dream with everyone. I've always wanted to become a game designer since I decided what I want to be and the story has been pretty consistent so far. Here's the summary.

Polaris is the story of a choice given to humanity through wicked temptation. After the war in heaven, banished angels were thrown out of heaven for rebelling against God. In this fictional story, in order to give their fallen brethren a second chance, some angels who remained righteous went down to change the hearts of those who had fallen.

Seeking to lead humanity astray while attempting a futile second war in heaven, the fallen angels took the moon as a middle-ground between the heavens and the earth, gradually edging their influence closer to man. The result gave humanity's gifted the ability to manifest their desires into reality with the stolen secrets of Psionics.

The story follows Dave 'Carlos' Heron, a boy visited and protected by one of the righteous angels as he struggles past the reality that at birth, his dead mother left him with a detached father. A reality that he now has the power and choice to alter.

As the moon draws closer to the Earth, the threat of impact becomes evident and the direct conflict of the series. Polaris' conflict becomes a story about the aftermath of the war in heaven, a losing war that the fallen angels fight in futility on heaven and on earth.

That's the summary. The story is about the moon coming to crash into the earth. You could say it sounds like Zelda, but you'd be misinformed and might I say unimaginative. The story takes place in modern times with teenage protagonists. After several events lead  'Carlos' Heron to believe that there are others like him, he and his friend John search for the truth behind Psionics. Upon learning that he does not posses the same psychic powers as others, Dave journeys with a mysterious man, Izar, who soon becomes their greatest threat. Just before things between the two get hectic, Izar explains to Dave that the moon may be giving humanity the gift of psionics but it will only draw closer until the point of impact.  Dave is informed that the impact is inevitable but the current plan is to slow it down and ensure that the point of impact is on the other side of the world. Both being Watchers, Dave and Izar disagree on the way to deal with the conflict and the conflicting ideas force them to become enemies.

It'd be nice to receive some feedback.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: Polaris
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 07:19:29 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Pretty nice, and it has a little bit of dark in it as well.
Which engine you plan on using to make the game with? Game Maker, Java?  :huh:

Oh wheres my manners, welcome to ZFGC lol XD
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Haru

Lightning
Re: Polaris
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:43:19 am »
I'm worrying about the story now rather than what program I'll make it in. This is my ultimate project. I'd like to make it when I am very experienced. Not as some 'first project'. There are spinoffs possible that take place in the same world though. Same setting that this story takes place in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 43 queries.

anything