Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Would you like to see this come back? If so, what graphics style?

No
Yes, Link's Awakening/OoA/OoS Style
Yes, A Link to the Past Style
Yes, Minish Cap Style
Yes, other style (Please post)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: [OPEN SOURCE]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 2D  (Read 119357 times)

Vaati

Royal Assassin
Re: [DEMO]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time ...
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 02:06:13 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
Are going to finish this or just give like  Dampe and the others? :(
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2008, 09:49:47 am »
I am going to try to finish it! ;) don't worry, i will. XD

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 10:45:51 am »
  • Royal Assassin

Yeah, I hope so, it's just that I'm freaking tired of everybody saying "I'm gonna a make OoT 2D" they just make a 1 or 2 temples and they later quit, even the pros quit making this game in 2D.
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2008, 10:53:30 am »

Yeah, I hope so, it's just that I'm freaking tired of everybody saying "I'm gonna a make OoT 2D" they just make a 1 or 2 temples and they later quit, even the pros quit making this game in 2D.
Same! That's why i'm making one!!!

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2008, 02:07:55 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
This game will never be finished no mater what you think you can accomplish. To be honest, I would much rather see you try something original with Zelda than clone something I've already played 10 times through.

Not to mention, the amount of activity in this thread is sickening. 63 replies and 1230 views in under a month? I could maybe understand if this was, you know...GOOD. But as it is right now it's not much more than a humdrum walking demo. The only reason this is getting any attention is because it's OoT2D. Come on people....you're so much better than this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:46:46 pm by Aliento »

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2008, 03:23:45 pm »
  • Royal Assassin

Same! That's why i'm making one!!!

Well, at least get some users to help you out, if you don't want to end like the others and Dampe(No offense, Dampe)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2008, 07:16:26 pm »
Well, here's my views on this project and why I think it's going so well:

1. The game is constantly being worked on, and the director (ahmio) seems to be confident.
2. Ahmio seems to have a team behind the scenes. He may not have revealed who they are, but he says he has a team, and I think it's good so there's no pressure on the team.
3. It is OoT2D, yes, but it is an OoT2D that isn't being made by one person alone.

Ahmio, let me know if you get stuck on anything. I'll do my best to help you out. (Water Temple, perhaps)
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2008, 07:30:18 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
This game will never be finished no mater what you think you can accomplish. To be honest, I would much rather see you try something original with Zelda than clone something I've already played 10 times through.

Not to mention, the amount of activity in this thread is sickening. 63 replies and 1230 views in under a month? I could maybe understand if this was, you know...GOOD. But as it is right now it's not much more than a humdrum walking demo. The only reason this is getting any attention is because it's OoT2D. Come on people....you're so much better than this.

There was no need for this.

To me, this post came out of jealously as it seems no one has replied to your own topic yet.

I don't want anymore posts like this, so consider this a warning.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2008, 07:34:31 pm »

Disagree with first part, agree with the second part.
There is no need to be negative tho, that's what made others who try this to quit.
Second, he is putting effort to this, who knows, maybe in a few months or a few years he may finish this, but not if people start being negative about it...
At least he released a demo and that shows he is working on it...now, instead of asking on what place should be in the next demo and keep releasing demos with the same features in different rooms he should try working on the engine.
Not to be rude, but most of the demos here in this forum are all walking demos or demos with a walking engine and a sword...not need to come at ahmio just because he does the same but with OOT2D on the title.
It takes time to make something, even with a team....take the ZFGC Community Project as an example, so much people working on it and it's not even half of what King Mob has done by himself(it seems he is working alone, I may be wrong tho).
But just...don't be negative.

Sorry if I offended someone, if so, I apologize and delete this post and warn/ban(warn is better tho lol) me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:36:51 pm by EDGE »
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0

Jeod

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2008, 07:37:54 pm »
As for the demos, perhaps lean more toward the story. Release a demo with a full kokiri forest where you can walk around, enter the shop, and talk to people, then you've pretty much won yourself the approval of the critics. It may not be possible for that much, but I do agree it should be more than swinging your sword and chopping bushes.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2008, 07:45:07 pm »
I admit, my previous post was rather rude. I apologize. I'll even admit I'm rather jealous that this is getting so much attention. But I'm not taking back most of what I said. I'd much rather see original Zelda fangames than more OoT2Ds.

This is, seemingly , one of the creators first creations in Game Maker. Realistically, there is not a huge chance of this ever being completed. I'm simply being realistic. I remember with my first fangame, I had just as much optimism as Ahmio here, but all the optimism in the world would get an OoT2D made.  However, if he WERE to complete it, that would be very amazing.

Tell you what. If you complete the entire childhood portion of the game, and it's of decent quality, I'll bow down and say that you are better at fangame creation than me. But really? Given the track record of every OoT 2d ever made, the chances are slim. Please, refocus your efforts and make something original.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2008, 07:53:56 pm »
I still don't get what people want when the say "original zelda fangame" when any zelda fangame it's not original, and all fangames are not original since they all have the same features but different story.
Lately the only Zelda Fangame I've seen that's a little bit different to the rest is Tikta 's.
But if you really think about, in all the zelda fangames you are link, get a sword, collect items...just like the originals but with different stories.
I don't mind if it's original or not, but if the game it's overall good...I'll play it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2008, 08:28:25 pm »
True, any fangame is inherently unoriginal in the respect that it uses character/gameplay from  another game, but a game like OoT2D is less original than say, Shadowgazer. OoT2D is just taking OoT and turning it 2D. Shadowgazer, while still using the Zelda characters and gameplay, is original in the sense that it has it's own plot and is different from other Zelda games. I've already played OoT 10 times over and I love it to death, and sure, a finished OoT2D would be cool, but I would much rather play an completed original Zelda fangame with it's own story and gameplay mechanics.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2008, 12:45:10 am »
  • Royal Assassin
I have a little bit of optimism, that you will at least make one full temple.

But, what will happen if you try to make the Water temple... in 2D?

How are you gonna make the underwater combat and everything else?

In 2D Zelda games when Link goes underwater you just see his shadow.
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2008, 12:49:33 am »
@aliento: Yes, i understand why you think that. I don't care if i'm better than you or not ;). this isn't some competition (to me at least )  :P . just because it's never been finished before doesn't mean i won't try. ( oh, yeah. I'll remeber to laugh at your post when i finish the game  ;) XD . Just take king mob's game for example. He said he's been working on it for 18 months!! If anyone had worked on an Oot2D that long they'd be at least at dodongo's cavern.

@GANONSLAY3R:k, thank's 4 telling me XD

@Jeod: Thanks! if I need help I'll ask. As for the demo, I'll release something like that in about... 2 weeks tops, maybe less XD

@Vaati: Not in this! I'll make it so that going underwater just blurs your view, but you can see through it! Kinda like that it turns the screen blue so you can tell you're underwater!

I tried fixing up the wierd tiling. How are these compared to the other ones?

Jeod

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:35 am »
I did have a plan of my own for the Water Temple...using elements taken from a few other games.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2008, 12:53:38 am »
  • Royal Assassin

@Vaati: Not in this! I'll make it so that going underwater just blurs your view, but you can see through it! Kinda like that it turns the screen blue so you can tell you're underwater!

Yeah, great idea, I was about to think of that but then I just read what you said.

By the way, are you a professional gamemaker/developer?

I mean, do you know how to make your own sprites, storyline(I guess everybody can), etc?
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2008, 01:21:50 am »
I have a little bit of optimism, that you will at least make one full temple.
But, what will happen if you try to make the Water temple... in 2D?
How are you gonna make the underwater combat and everything else?
In 2D Zelda games when Link goes underwater you just see his shadow.
That would have to be one of the things you shouldn't even worry about, if he takes time to think about it then there should be no problem.
There are many ways to do it, one of them is probably like he said, making the view blurs...kind of like one the super bomberman games had...that would be perfect.
He just has to seat and think about it, it's not that hard...you just need to patient and have a lot of time.
l0l wut? o_0

Jeod

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:25 am »
The funnest part of making OoT2D is turning the maps into 2D ones. It's amazing to see the temples in 2D versions.

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2008, 11:31:56 pm »
The funnest part of making OoT2D is turning the maps into 2D ones. It's amazing to see the temples in 2D versions.
I agree ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 80 queries.

anything