Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Twilight Princess suck? (Please, NO SPOILERS)  (Read 2074 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Does Twilight Princess suck? (Please, NO SPOILER...
« on: November 25, 2006, 12:22:48 am »
  • Silly cat!
For those of you who have Twilight Princess, or have finished Twilight Princess, this question is aimed at you. Except, if you are going to post any spoilers whatsoever I swear I'll cut off your big toe. Anyway, I've been talking to someone as he has been playing through Twilight Princess. This person is a real Zelda fanatic and he's very big on Zelda nostalgia. As I talked to him, he didn't give me any spoilers, but he did let me know of how great the game was. He loved the entire game, but he says about halfway the storyline got a little lazy. He was also telling of what the ending was like. He didn't tell me what happened, so don't you do it either. But what he did tell me was that he was very disappointed with the ending, he claimed the ending didn't answer some of the questions the game brought up, he said there were some things that didn't make sense, he was expecting more, and the ending was half-arsed.

I'm curious... For those of you who have finished Twilight Princess... What did you think of the game? Was it beautiful? Was it horrible? Let me know. But don't say, "Oh yeah! The ending was great! Especially the part where Zelda becomes a Super Saiyan and beats the crap out of Child Link who somehow ended up in the future!"... No, don't do that. Just comment on what you thought of the game overall. Best Zelda ever? Let me know.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 12:25:27 am by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.

Busternaut

Re: Does Twilight Princess suck? (Please, NO SPO...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 03:08:12 am »
The game is very great even better than OOT could ever be but i'm ashamed because Twilight Princess though having exceptional cutscenes, beautiful graphics, quirky and interesting characters...it is sadly very linear.

you should still get it.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:48:00 am »
I'm 30 hours into the game, and let me tell you it is by far the best game i've ever played. ever. The story is wonderful so far and the graphics are awesome despite the fact that they are mere gamecube graphics. beautiful game, its a must have.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 06:31:49 am »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
I'm guessing the story would end with things that you have to think up yourself.
Alot of the stories, books, movies, always leaves some things unanswered.
I'm guessing it's up to you, to think w/e you like to think...
For example, some stories may leave you to be uncertain the main character died or not, the surgery was successful or not.
That's just a guess, personally i like those kind of stuff about movies and books, don't know how TP will end up.
Just play and find out when you get it!
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595

Spaceworld

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 08:38:22 am »
30 hours in, and it is amazing. The story isn't lazy at all. It just took threw a curveball at me that I hope is resolved by the end, but probably won't be. It's a prime candidate for a "connect the dots yourself" type thing.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 12:04:47 pm »
30 hours? Jesus Christ. Im so friggen jealous. Man...I can't wait to play this game lol
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 01:29:33 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
30 hours? Jesus Christ. Im so friggen jealous. Man...I can't wait to play this game lol

I know exactly how you feel dude, I can't wait....less than two weeks to go untill I get my Wii and a copy of TP

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 07:14:12 pm »
I NEED WII. I CRAP ON EUROPE, EUROPE SUXX, MUST HAVE WII!!

Meh, I've never played the game (OMG!), but from all the spoilers that have been spoiled, all the videos that have been vided, all the reviews that have been reviewed... :o.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 10:41:39 pm »
I will admit the story is a bit confusing at points - but it is more mature and complex - it deals with the ideas of corruption and evil and mysticism. It isn't at all the "boy saves girl" as in past Zeldas. In fact...with Zelda...well no spoilers for you :D. Anyway, the graphics are really good. The texturing/detail isn't amazing, but that is because it was originally designed for GC - but the design is the best I think I've ever seen. Beautiful job. The plot is just - an emotional roller coaster. And the enormity of the game is astounding. I've played for hours and hours between dungeons without even discovering a new one. And it is all fun - I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Let me also say that the new items kick ass. And old ones can be used in whole new ways. It just rocks your !@#$% world. I love them.

And the music is the best in the series I think. This is my favorite Hyrule Overworld theme. And the night time theme in Hyrule - is the most astounding I've ever heard.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 11:02:20 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Have you finished the game, Scooter? In fact... has anyone? I'm not asking for spoilers, it's just I've heard a bad opinion on the ending, because it completely ruined the story or something.

Hoffy.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 10:48:59 am »
  • odens knop

I know exactly how you feel dude, I can't wait....less than two weeks to go untill I get my Wii and a copy of TP

Me too man...GOD I JUST WANNA PLAY IT!  12 days left...
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 11:03:42 am »
i just beat it. 42 hours. i have to say that was the best game i've ever played. there's still stuff i havent done! theres so much !@#$% to do in this game, its great i tells you!

-X-

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 02:16:07 pm »
I have yet to play this game but from what I've heard from one of my friends (Who camped outside Walmart for 3 nights to get the Wii :P) The game is amazing with a massive overworld (if you like big overworlds :P)

The only drawback I've heard is that the swordfighting is extremely difficult, but with that kinda technology its hard to make it perfect

tippz

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 03:47:04 pm »
I have yet to play this game but from what I've heard from one of my friends (Who camped outside Walmart for 3 nights to get the Wii :P) The game is amazing with a massive overworld (if you like big overworlds :P)

The only drawback I've heard is that the swordfighting is extremely difficult, but with that kinda technology its hard to make it perfect

Sword fighting is easy. The only difference between TP for Wii combat and regular Zelda combat is that on Wii the sword button is replaced by a slash...

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 09:34:26 am »
  • Silly cat!
It's just, I seem to have lost all of my hype for Twilight Princess. I keep running into spoilers, and for some reason that just annoys me a lot. *Spoilers follow* I know about the theme for the first 5 dungeons and an area or two associated with them, three bosses, a few items that were revealed before the game's launch, I know about several tribes, and I also know there's a character named "Impaz" (although I don't know anything about him/her)...

Luckily, I don't know ANY story details... But am I spoilt :(?

Hoffy.

tippz

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 01:58:31 am »
It's just, I seem to have lost all of my hype for Twilight Princess. I keep running into spoilers, and for some reason that just annoys me a lot. *Spoilers follow* I know about the theme for the first 5 dungeons and an area or two associated with them, three bosses, a few items that were revealed before the game's launch, I know about several tribes, and I also know there's a character named "Impaz" (although I don't know anything about him/her)...

Luckily, I don't know ANY story details... But am I spoilt :(?

Yeah, I did everything I could to avoid info about the game before it was released. Lucky for you there are 9 dungeons to play through and the story is fairly detailed, especially for Zelda. The cut scenes do an incredible job of telling the story too, so I wouldn't say that the game is spoiled for you, no. I would avoid all new info about it though...

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 08:37:04 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I didn't read this to avoid spoilers (because there are spoilers in the following article) but someone did give me the general gist of what was being said here.

http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1164855612&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

If you don't want to read it to avoid spoilers, this paragraph contains the general gist of what he was saying...

"That's not to say, with all this I've ranted about, that Twilight Princess is bad. As a whole experience, comparing it to the other games, it's really an achievement. But, with how much time it had to be developed, it's shockingly not as "grand" as many thought it would be. If Twilight Princess really needed another year to get to what it is now, I'd hate to see what it was last year when it was supposed to come out. The overall world and dungeon design in Twilight Princess is superb, the in-game story is better than any other Zelda title, and most of the characters are very memorable. The graphics and sound, for a GCN title, are good and the controls work fine. The main gripes after taking it all in are the quality of the music tracks, the lack of voice acting, the butchering of the Link and Zelda's roles, the lack of a high difficulty factor and the excessive reliance on Ocarina of Time's laurels. Again, this is all coming from a long time fan, so I'm being very over analytical and demanding, but when it comes down to what I think now that the euphoria has left, this is what I see with Twilight Princess. A great game that should have been a historical game, but stumbled somewhere along the lines. As a professional, 9.6 is what I gave Twilight Princess. As a fan, I'd give it around an 8.5."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 08:39:47 pm by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 08:41:29 pm »
  • *whistle*
That's dreadful as a review in any form. Seriously, the faults he's picking out are really, really nit-picking...

Oh, well. Ignore it. Reviews generally for the game have been outstanding by any measurement and any criticisms of the game have generally been unfair, and typically a) ignoring how the game exceeds other games or b) comparing the game to other games in unfair ways (such as the lack of voice acting, which would actually make the game worse... no game can pull of voice acting perfectly).

tippz

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 02:50:03 am »
He was nit picking, yes, but it wasn't like he was saying the faults ruined the game... he did still give the game a 9.6...
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 09:44:14 am »
  • *whistle*
He was nit picking, yes, but it wasn't like he was saying the faults ruined the game... he did still give the game a 9.6...

True, but that's nto the overall impression given by the paragraph... Also, pointing out things like a lack of voice acting - which are effectively a Zelda tradition in themselves - and then saying how it goes against previous Zelda traditions being a bad thing... it seems daft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 74 queries.

anything