Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What was your first Zelda game?

The Legend of Zelda and I've bought every game since. (You are a god among men)
- 6 (13%)
The Legend of Zelda
- 5 (10.9%)
The Adventure of Link
- 0 (0%)
A Link to the Past
- 13 (28.3%)
Link's Awakening
- 9 (19.6%)
Ocarina of Time
- 10 (21.7%)
Majora's Mask
- 0 (0%)
Oracle of Ages
- 0 (0%)
Oracle of Seasons
- 1 (2.2%)
Four Swords
- 0 (0%)
The Wind Waker
- 1 (2.2%)
Fours Swords Adventures
- 0 (0%)
The Minish Cap
- 1 (2.2%)
Twilight Princess
- 0 (0%)
I don't play Zelda.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What was your first Zelda game?  (Read 3165 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
What was your first Zelda game?
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:38:34 am »
  • Silly cat!
Just curious. I think it'll be interesting to see how many of you choose OoT.

Anyway, my first Zelda games Oracle of Seasons. Kind of a bizarre game to start on, and I know I came in late (2001) but, you gotta start somewhere.

How about you?

Hoffy.
Re: What was your first Zelda game?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:16:35 am »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!
Here's my story about how I became involved in the wonderful world of Zelda games. Warning, BIG paragraph (Im too tired to space it :P)

I remember that the first Zelda game I played was the original. I was really really young when we rented it and then Zelda II later on.  What really hooked me as a Zelda fan was ALTTP when we got our SNES for Christmas and borrowed ALTTP from (at the time) a co-worker friend of my father's. We must have borrowed that game for at least a year. Later on when my brothers and I got our very first Game Boys, I got Link's Awakening and fell in love with that game. Years later, my family didnt get a N64 until 1999, so I missed out on the gold cartridge OoT and got the Grey Cartridge, and a year later Majora's Mask. I can still remember the very first day MM came out. I was home sick from school (dont you just hate stomache flu?) and I was upset because I didnt feel good and couldnt go to K-Mart because MM was coming out that day, so my mom went and bought it for me and brought it home. I loved that game so much, I wish we had working N64 controllers now or if Nintendo would hurry up and release MM on the VC :P. 2001 rolled around and I found myself eagerly awaiting the Oracle games and bought both and quickly beat Ages. To this day Im STILL stuck on a boss in Seasons XD. 2003 came and I quickly pre-ordered the Wind Waker when i found out about the Bonus Disc. So I pre-ordered, a couple weeks later I got the OoT/OoTMQ Bonus Disc and played OoT (im afraid to touch Master Quest. I like to play games, but I suck most of the time XD). Then I bought TWW when it finally came out. A year later I got ALTTP/FS for the GBA then FSA for the GCN. I know a lot of people dont like FSA but what really hooked me was the wonderful music and the ALTTP-esk style backgrounds. 2005 came and I had problems getting the local Walmart to get The Minish Cap, but they finally did and I almost beat the game, but Im still stuck in the final Hyrule Castle part of the game. Our NES stopped working and our SNES is crappy so thats why I got the rerelease of ALTTP on GBA and also got LoZ and Z2: AoL for the Classic NES Series on GBA.

Then we get to the present. November came and went and I was too poor to get a Wii (and they were hard to come by out here).  So I bought TP for the GCN. About a week later I saw ONE Wii at Walmart and still didnt have enough money, but seeing a Wii in that darn small town gave me hope so I bought the Wii version so I'd have an AWESOME game to play when I got a Wii finally because the little I played of the GCN version had me drooling at the mouth and I knew the Wii version would be even better. Boy was I right. When the January 28th Sale at Walmart happened, my brothers and I drove early in the morning to Walmart to get a Wii, they had it, we came home and I experienced TP on the Wii. AMAZING GAME!!!!!

So yeah, thats my story about how my life has been affected by Zelda Games. I was unfortunate to get the Zelda Collection GCN Disc and Link's Awakening DLX for the GBC (but I have the original so thats still okay :P). ALTTP inspired me so much, thats why I created Link's Quest. I eagerly await Phantom Hourglass and also cant wait for the next Zelda Wii title.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:20:42 am by Tara »

"You gave us up for warcraft!?" -Comrade Kesha
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:20:43 am »
Mine was Links awakening.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:17 am »
here's the order i played in and beat is the number next to it in the order I beat it
LoZ 3
ALttP 1
Z64 2
AoL 4
MM 6
OoS 5
LADX 7
OoA Never Finished
WW 8
Z64 Master Quest 9
MC Never Finished
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 08:56:45 am »
Link's Awakening DX was my first, later, I heard about Oracle series and purchased both, there I understood what Zelda is really about... :P
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 01:21:03 pm »
A friend of the family game me a SNES and a load of games including LttP which I lovingly played to completion. After that I got an N64 and played both OoT then MM, then in the gap between this and the gamecube release I played a little of AoL and LoZ but couldn't borrow them for long so didn't finish them, then got the gamecube and played WW. At some point I borrowed both the oracle games and finished them, unfortunately I got them separately so didn't get to link them up, recently I finished MC and also TP, oh and I've played through both DX and normal versions of LA.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 02:21:25 pm »
Link's Awakening DX for the GameBoy Color. Wonderful game.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 02:34:48 pm »
Zelda II: Adventure of Link. Brilliant game. Second-best only to Twilight Princess :P.

Never did finish the first dungeon, though.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:48:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ocarina of Time.  I had heard about it before then, i just wasn't that interested in it.  I was at my cousins one thanksgiving when i decided to play it.  Being the idiot that I am, I went and fought ganondorf not knowing at all what to do, who was who, what was what, or that ganondorf was well...ganondorf.  I was close to doing what i was supposed to do...except i wasted the whole fight shooting ice arrows at him XD  Yea, then i died, walked around the market a bit as a kid and adult...and then decided to get the game for xmas.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 11:54:17 pm »
I actually wrote a report on my first Zelda game being lttp, I'm not very proud of it, but I'll post it later.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 12:02:55 am »
  • You don't know me.
The first one I got was Minish Cap. >.> I still haven't finished it.

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 12:09:56 am »
OoT, then MM, then I went insane and bought every game out there (except the NES games... oh god.) OoT defined what a game should be to me, it was amazing.
the a o d c

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 12:14:50 am »
  • .越//
What really hooked me as a Zelda fan was ALTTP when we got our SNES for Christmas and borrowed ALTTP from (at the time) a co-worker friend of my father's. We must have borrowed that game for at least a year.

same here lol... my father got throught, but when i was at the ice temple i never got at finished because he gave it back then xD well now i have finished it many times

edit: ah, it was my first zelda game and is my favorite
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:16:23 am by yue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

gm112

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 12:18:38 am »
A Link to the past was my first. I love that game and will always play it :P.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 12:40:17 am »
The original LoZ, I watched my mom play it ( and beat it) all the time when I was about one
year old. I really got into it about Link's Awakening and Lttp.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 12:54:07 am »
Link's Awakening...went well with Super Mario Land.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:04:51 am »
wind waker.
In the old times I saw zelda games but I was more into contra games since they had better graphics.
When nintendo64 came out I wanted to play MM and OOT, but were I come from the N64 used to cost a lot of money.
Then I came to USA and Started working, I got ma a gamecube with starfox adventure and wind waker, then the zelda collection disc which had most of these zelda games I couldnt play.
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0

Mateus

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 01:14:33 am »
Ocarina of time... ;)
I still have yet to finish it.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 02:45:19 am »
Ocarina of time... ;)
I still have yet to finish it.
Even if you have to use a walkthrough, you should finish it just to understand why it's so good.
the a o d c
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 03:10:32 am »
  • Shunner of Light
I borrowed ALttP from a friend when I was younger, and got as far as trying to get Zelda through the sewers to the sactuary before giving up in frustration, and then years later after realising that the main character's name wasn't Zelda, and because I couldn't find Super Mario 64 anywhere, I bought OoT(at the time, not realising it was in the same series as ALttP).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 77 queries.