Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Final Fantasy IX is the best game ever  (Read 17247 times)

Re: Why Final Fantasy IX is the best game ever
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 11:18:47 pm »
If there is any game that classifies me as a fanboy, it is FF9. I love that game so much. I like final fantasy, but the ninth installment was the best they had to offer. I never want to see it remade either. That would fail.

This may be a bold statement, but I feel that if Tetra master had online capabilities I would dominate. That was the best mini game/side quest from any of those games. I actually understood and enjoyed it.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 11:20:31 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
This may be a bold statement, but I feel that if Tetra master had online capabilities I would dominate. That was the best mini game/side quest from any of those games. I actually understood and enjoyed it.

http://www.playonline.com/tetraus/

It's for PS2 and Windows. Though it's $1 a month apparently.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:22:53 pm by Pyro »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 11:26:13 pm »

You are awesome and I think I love you. I did not know this existed, nor did I ever think to research it.
We may be human. But we're still animals.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28:33 pm »
  • b e p i s
I will play this game. :O
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28:44 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

You are awesome and I think I love you. I did not know this existed, nor did I ever think to research it.

I love you too skully <3 Yeah I didn't know about it until a while back when I came across it by mistake. (Can't remember what I was doing).
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2008, 02:35:33 am »
I agree with Swoftu. I'm just getting into Tactics for the first time, and it is awesome.
Best 2D Final Fantasy: FFVI
Best 3D Final Fantasy: FFIX
Best Other Final Fantasy: FFT
Completely agree, VI is my favorite of all of them, but I have a special place for IX, actually, I never beat it, which is why I picked it up again and restarted my data (stupid Ice Cavern...)

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2008, 03:15:11 am »
I guess I fall under the weird people that liked 7 and 8 more than 9.

Not saying much since I make love to every FF game I put my hands on.
To me, though, 9 felt a tad bit like Chrono Cross.  They somewhat had similar designs and when I forged the first double-edge blade for Zidane, I was like "LOL Serge's weapon."

The story did not compel me forward.  I just spent too much time and beat the game just to beat it.

X I beat for the story(and also making characters GODLIKE ...lol).
Then again, I play most rpgs to just see the limits they place on stats development.
I'm a number cruncher, what can I say?

7 is still my favorite FF game(X, Tactics, and Crisis Core come close).  It's not because of,"OMG CLOUD!  OOO SO EMO!  I WUV U!"  It was because of the gameplay and added stuff.
I really loved the entire materia setup with weapons and armor.  Battle was alright but like every other FF game pretty much so meh.  Chocobo raising/racing was lots of fun as was the battle area, various games in the Gold Saucer, and even Wutai.

But 9 wasn't bad or anything, I just place it at the top of my list for favorite rpgs of all time.
(Sorry, CT and CC rank higher than FF9.)
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »
  • Xiphirx
FF9 is just an inch close to my top game FF7 : D

I of course loved the fact that FF9 had a bunch of places to explore, but I also didn't like the fact that it was pretty long and had many "OMG go to this and this and retrieve this and bring this back to get this" sort of game play. 
Show content
Like when you were searching for those Earth spirits or whatever, and there was one for every element. They were fun to fight but a !@#$% to find >__>

Plus that card game, I don't like it too much or any card games for that matter.  Though I don't own FF9 anymore and there is no possible way of me getting it legally, I can't replay it. I would if I could. (and this is all if I remember correctly)

The story is superb, but I like 7's better. And, really, Kuja is one of the best villains ever.  BTW all Japanese villains end up looking like a girl in one way or another.

AHEM, FF7 OMG IS BEST EVAR ZOMGZOMGZGMZOMGZO

*cough*
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2008, 06:44:17 am »
  • Master of the English language.
Such an accurate and objective analysis of the game.

While I don't agree with it being the best game every to grace the human race, I agree with everything else you said. Its astounding, it really is.

I'm actually in the middle of playing it through (again) with my GF (took forever for me to convince her to play it) by using its 2 player battle controls. Just hit disc 3.

So great. It really is.
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2008, 08:29:12 pm »
  • I have a post count! WTF I post?
I actually started to play it for the first time, so far its pretty awesome. But I havent gotten too far in...
[spoiler=Anime lol]Absolute favorites, FMA, Gurren Lagann(NEW MOVIE HELL YEA, Also I highly recommend this, i mean highly recommend).
Currently Watching, Code Geass, Soul Eater[/spoiler]
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2008, 08:46:08 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Final Fantasy IX was great, but no where near the best game ever. It didn't take itself as seriously, but just ended up being uninteresting for me.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2008, 02:54:03 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Am I the only one who prefers Final fantasy X over every other one?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:06:26 pm by Giverny »
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2008, 05:42:15 am »
On a semi-side note, I'm about to attempt a Excalibur II - Perfect Game run.

Requires getting to the end with Zidane at lvl 31, the rest of the characters lvl 1 (for maxing stats via gear at the end) in under twelve hours without missing any missable items.

Found some guide on gamefaqs for it. I'm excited to do it. Gonna start in a week!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2008, 05:57:12 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Good luck with that man.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2008, 08:35:49 pm »
  • Xiphirx
On a semi-side note, I'm about to attempt a Excalibur II - Perfect Game run.

Requires getting to the end with Zidane at lvl 31, the rest of the characters lvl 1 (for maxing stats via gear at the end) in under twelve hours without missing any missable items.

Found some guide on gamefaqs for it. I'm excited to do it. Gonna start in a week!
O.O

are you positive that Zidane HAS to be lvl 31? I have a brady games guide and it tell me that you just have to finish under a certain time limit...
  • For The Swarm

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2008, 08:38:12 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
He is. I talked to him about it on Yahoo! Messenger. He says there's all kinds of videos. And the levels are for the entire perfect run. Not just getting Excalibur II.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2008, 04:00:57 am »
First off (minor spoilers about obtainable items)

Well, see the thing is;

stat growth works like this in FFIX. If you wear gear with +STR you're likely to gain permanent +STR stats by leveling up w/said gear on. The same w/Magic, Speed and Spirit respectively. Now, the more of a stat increase a piece of gear gives, the more permanent stat growth you'll see, i.e. leveling with a headpiece that gives +2 STR nets more STR growth in the long run than a headpiece with +1 STR. With that said, I can explain how max stats are obtained in FFIX.

Since you don't have access to the best items in the game until the end of the game, leveling during the main story will result in many levels gained without the best gear on, and thus less than the best stat growth. For a truly perfect file, you must reach the end of the game without obtaining any experience that isn't forced upon you, equip the best stat growth gear and then level to 99 with it. The best possible result upon getting to the end of the game is Zidane at level 31 and the other characters as level 1.

So, the perfect file requires you to get to the end in under 12 hours (to obtain the Excalibur II) with Zidane at level 31 and the rest of the characters at 1 without missing ANY missable items or content (there is a lot in FFIX). Some of the mini-games that you only have one chance at (like the very difficult Hippaul race in Disc 3) must be completed in a single go to avoid wasting time so you can still get the Excalibur II at the end while getting the key item from completing the mini-game as well.

Its going to be quite a challenge but I'm really excited about it. For the longest time I had assumed it was not possible to get to the end in under 12 hours WHILE completing the rest of the aforementioned required tasks for a perfect file. Now that I know it is, I'm very excited at having a reason to start a new FFIX file.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 04:02:35 am by Nightshine »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2008, 04:04:12 am »
  • Xiphirx
First off (minor spoilers about obtainable items)

Well, see the thing is;

stat growth works like this in FFIX. If you wear gear with +STR you're likely to gain permanent +STR stats by leveling up w/said gear on. The same w/Magic, Speed and Spirit respectively. Now, the more of a stat increase a piece of gear gives, the more permanent stat growth you'll see, i.e. leveling with a headpiece that gives +2 STR nets more STR growth in the long run than a headpiece with +1 STR. With that said, I can explain how max stats are obtained in FFIX.

Since you don't have access to the best items in the game until the end of the game, leveling during the main story will result in many levels gained without the best gear on, and thus less than the best stat growth. For a truly perfect file, you must reach the end of the game without obtaining any experience that isn't forced upon you, equip the best stat growth gear and then level to 99 with it. The best possible result upon getting to the end of the game is Zidane at level 31 and the other characters as level 1.

So, the perfect file requires you to get to the end in under 12 hours (to obtain the Excalibur II) with Zidane at level 31 and the rest of the characters at 1 without missing ANY missable items or content (there is a lot in FFIX). Some of the mini-games that you only have one chance at (like the very difficult Hippaul race in Disc 3) must be completed in a single go to avoid wasting time so you can still get the Excalibur II at the end while getting the key item from completing the mini-game as well.

Its going to be quite a challenge but I'm really excited about it. For the longest time I had assumed it was not possible to get to the end in under 12 hours WHILE completing the rest of the aforementioned required tasks for a perfect file. Now that I know it is, I'm very excited at having a reason to start a new FFIX file.

This Brady guide must be wrong then...
  • For The Swarm

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2008, 04:05:42 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Dont use brady guides. They have thousands of typos and arent very accurate.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2008, 04:06:44 am »
Well, I'm not sure what it is you're referring to being incorrect but...

No, there are no requirements for getting the Excalibur II other than getting to the final area in under 12 hours.

What I'm talking about, is creating a 'perfect' file, which has the said weapon, Max stats and everything else obtained and completed in the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 73 queries.

anything