Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident Evil 5.  (Read 2755 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Resident Evil 5.
« on: March 03, 2009, 06:40:38 am »
  • Silly cat!
So for me, it comes out in 10 days. March, Friday the 13th. Considering how much I loved Resident Evil 4, this is a very big thing for me. RE4 pretty much ranks my second-favourite game of all time, due to excellent gameplay and AI, great graphics, cinematic story and the rest.

I can't exactly say I'm a diehard Resident Evil fan, because honestly I really haven't played ANY of the previous Resident Evil games (just read plot summaries etc). And from what I understand RE5 may focus largely on past plot points and whatnot that I haven't seen before, so this could be interesting. But I didn't really play RE4 for the story, rather the gameplay. Hopefully RE5's story will be just as good, and also scarier. I've been looking forward to RE5 since 2005, so, yeah :P.

Is anyone else getting it/looking forward to it?

Hoffy.
Re: Resident Evil 5.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:15:41 am »
Seeing as how i ordered the $100 Collector's edition, and have forced myself not to watch anything to look at anything about the game to not ruin it for myself, I would say I'm pretty excited.

I was actually going to make a topic, but seems you beat me to it, Hof.
Hello, mom?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:09:19 am »
  • Silly cat!
Seeing as how i ordered the $100 Collector's edition, and have forced myself not to watch anything to look at anything about the game to not ruin it for myself, I would say I'm pretty excited.

I was actually going to make a topic, but seems you beat me to it, Hof.
Hah, sorry Zonny.

Yeah, Australia and New Zealand don't get that collector's edition, which sort of sucks. But yeah, I only want the game anyway. And yeah, I haven't been watching any videos either. I read a little about the demo that came out recently, but that's about it.

It's basically the only game I want this year. Nothing else interests me, lol.

Hoffy.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:03:42 am »
Haha, i feel ya man.

I'm pretty sure i get a "Chris Redfield figurine" with the collectors edition, and everything else seems kindof pointless. So, i guess its not that big of a deal. But a chris Redfield figurine is pretty baller if i do say so myself.
Hello, mom?
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:19:06 am »
RE 5 is gonna  be awesome, too bad the no pause inventory system sucks !@#$%. I'm definitely getting the game.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:22:37 am »
  • Silly cat!
RE 5 is gonna  be awesome, too bad the no pause inventory system sucks !@#$%. I'm definitely getting the game.
Ah, it's not that bad. You've probably just gone a bit soft after too many Wii games :P.

Hoffy.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 08:41:23 am »
Ah, it's not that bad. You've probably just gone a bit soft after too many Wii games :P.

Sure that's it :P

I'll get used to it eventually, it's still !@#$% horrible.

when i played the japanese demo when it came out, i started the demo, started walking

thought to myself "hmm, lets see how i open my inventory"

'oh here it is"

"wait why is everything still moving"

"you're dumb capcom, you ruined the inventory"

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 01:38:38 am »
  • Silly cat!
IGN Review: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/960/960151p1.html

9/10. Basically a lot of little things brought the score down. Namely the fact that it's really more of an action game than a survival-horror one, and that it's really a departure from the old RE games. But for me, who loved only the action-packed (but also atmospheric) experience of RE4 and the cliched dialogue that accompanied it, should be happy with this.

Hoffy.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 01:47:14 am »
  • :D
I'm most certainly going to get it, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the demo, and I just bought Killzone 2, so I'm short on cash.

I'll probably wait until a possible price drop :)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
I like the new inventory.
I hate it when in games to switch items you have to completely break from the action and pause (this is my main complaint in zelda games).
But I also think the one in RE5 could have been implemented better.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 10:35:08 pm »
I hate it when in games to switch items you have to completely break from the action and pause (this is my main complaint in zelda games).

i don't, i like actually pausing when picking items. instead of "!@#$% i used the wrong item because i'm concentrating on actually killing zombies while being attacked". Never the less in the demo it seems to take awhile for the option to use the first aid spray on yourself when you use it from a hotkey.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 11:26:06 pm »

I'd rather not be bumrushed by zombies because I was too busy faffing about with an inventory.

I was looking into this game, never really been a fan of the RE series, but this one at first looked alright, then I played the demo. I really dislike it, to me its trying to be a zombie survival horror, whilst at the same time trying to be an action game. Limiting ammo, but hoarding zombies, doesn't appeal to me a favoured past time in a game.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 11:32:05 pm »
They are not really zombies, which kinda upset me.
There really is no touch of horror except when you face the lickers.
That was the only time I felt nervous with the lights off.  There was way too much light and what not for the atmosphere of the game.

We knew this was coming though since how RE4 turned out.
It's fun as a action  game and I like the replay value but as a survival-horror game it falls short.

IMO anyways :/
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 03:32:11 am »
  • :D
Okay, so I went out and bought resident evil 5 for the Playstation 3.

At first I thought it was okay, but I just kept playing and playing...

A few days later, I'm pretty much at the end of the game, and let me tell you, RE5 is !@#$% AWESOME.  It's just a flat-out well-made game, and although it controls unusually, once you get into the flow of the game, it's just as good as, if not better than Resident Evil 4 (I'd say it's better.)

Negatives: there really is very little horror.  Resi4 scared me a little bit at the beginning at least, resi5 had pretty much no frights.

Positives; graphics are top notch.  Fun as !@#$%. engaging (but still predictable and kinda lame) and fun story. 

<3 the game so far

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 06:53:30 am »
  • Silly cat!
Okay, so I went out and bought resident evil 5 for the Playstation 3.

At first I thought it was okay, but I just kept playing and playing...

A few days later, I'm pretty much at the end of the game, and let me tell you, RE5 is !@#$% AWESOME.  It's just a flat-out well-made game, and although it controls unusually, once you get into the flow of the game, it's just as good as, if not better than Resident Evil 4 (I'd say it's better.)

Negatives: there really is very little horror.  Resi4 scared me a little bit at the beginning at least, resi5 had pretty much no frights.

Positives; graphics are top notch.  Fun as !@#$%. engaging (but still predictable and kinda lame) and fun story. 

<3 the game so far
I concur.

It's especially fun when playing with a friend.

Hoffy.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 02:18:44 am »
Well, I've been a RE fan since the first one. I have to say that this was a real disappointment IMO. The game in length felt short to me. Not only that, but way too easy to beat. The whole creepy horror aspect has been totally removed. That was a real bummer. In some cases it was just plain ridiculous. Yes I understand most of the circumstances in RE are pretty ridiculous, but seriously, a !@#$% satellite beam that goes through an end boss's tentacles, but doesn't sink the goddamn ship? The menu system isn't worth complaining too much about, it was necessary if your going to have co-op play. Fact of life. Although if the d-pad would've been used to toggle more weapons on the fly, it wouldn't be such a pain in the ass to use the menu system. Isn't too much that is new here. It feels very recycled. In RE4 they had those creepy gray spiky dudes that you had to use an infrared scope to kill them. Where's that kinda !@#$%? That was creepy and cool. Nothing new and nothing exciting about this installment. The only thing that might save it is co-op play. Haven't tried that yet.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 07:46:11 am »
I don't see how people can say it was a bad game.
I had a fuckin blast playing it.

Xfixium, change the difficulty level if it was too easy.
Hello, mom?
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:58 pm »

It's a good game just missing some key things. I guess I expected more from this game.
  • Pyxosoft

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 07:15:14 am »
  • Silly cat!

It's a good game just missing some key things. I guess I expected more from this game.
Basically my only issue was that there wasn't enough variation in the bosses (they looked cool, but lacked challenge I guess), it wasn't scary enough (though this didn't bother me as much it bothered others), and it didn't have Leon S. Kennedy in it.

Otherwise, it's one hell of a great multiplayer experience.

Hoffy.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 08:58:05 am »

Basically my only issue was that there wasn't enough variation in the bosses (they looked cool, but lacked challenge I guess), it wasn't scary enough (though this didn't bother me as much it bothered others), and it didn't have Leon S. Kennedy in it.

Otherwise, it's one hell of a great multiplayer experience.

I think you've hit it. There wasn't much variation to the bosses. Plus I could sit there and dodge all day with alot of them without feeling threatened. That is part of what I meant by it felt too easy. Someone else mentioned that the only section of the game where they felt threatened was with the Lickers. That's the same way I felt. The scariness factor was the element that was missing. I enjoyed that part the most, it was what made RE, RE IMO. It just felt hollow compared to it's predecessors.
  • Pyxosoft
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 77 queries.