Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes?  (Read 4926 times)

Koh

Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes?
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:28:09 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Just name a few.  Good games you feel would be even more awesome given a facelift and bonus content.

For me, I definitely have a relatively large list, but I'll list a few:

Crystalis (NES)
-Very good Zelda-like Adventure/RPG on the NES.  Its graphics were way ahead of its time, and the gameplay was really fun.  Had a lot of "Where the hell do I go!?" points in the game, but despite that, it's very enjoyable, and I would have loved to see an enhanced SNES remake for it or something.

Final Fantasies 5 and 6 (SNES, PS1, GBA)
-Do I need to say it?  All these have gotten were direct ports (with mild additions to the GBA versions), not enhanced 2D remakes and addons like Final Fantasies 1, 2 and 4.  This needs to be resolved.

Startropics 1 and 2 (NES)
-These are great Zelda-like games.  The first one could've done without the gridsnapping, like the 2nd one had; free movement.  Otherwise, the soundtracks are really great and the games are fun.  But, they're stuck on the NES, which means emulator only (unless you want to get an overpriced NES copy, or a beat down used copy).

Willow (NES)
-Another Zelda-Like Adventure/RPG on the NES.  Another graphical boom at the time.  The game suffered from a LOT, and I mean a LOOOOOOT of repeating screen designs, but overall it was enjoyable, as was the soundtrack.
  • Megaclipse Games

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:01 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I wholeheartedly agree with FF 5&6. A 3D remake on the 3DS would be phenomenal! Anyway, here's my list:

Panzer Dragoon Saga (SATURN)
-An incredible RPG for the Saturn that is very difficult to find for less than $250. This is because only 60,000 copies were ever made and it was released for the Saturn. Sega lost the source code, though. So emulation is the only option.

Killer Instinct(ARCADE, SNES, N64)
-One of my favourite fighters of all time. Problem is, a new Killer Instinct game hasn't been seen in sixteen years. Well deservant of a remastering/remake.

Paper Mario(N64)/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door(GCN)
-Both of these games are fantastic RPG's and would benefit from remakes on the 3DS. Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario were both really dissapointing and I would love to see these games return.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:35:31 am »
I totally agree with Final Fantasy V and VI as well as the Paper Mario games mentioned above. These games definitely deserve to have a great return in a more modern style, but of course keep the games mostly the way they were.

If I had to name a few outdated games that deserve to be re-made, I would have to say:

1) Banjo-Kazooie: Hands down; one of the most entertaining, addicting, and challenging games of all time in my opinion. Seeing this on the Nintendo 3DS would keep me going for hours on end each day! Such a memorable game :)

And, since I mentioned Banjo Kazooie, I might as well mention the sequel:

2) Banjo-Tooie: Even though I, as well as many others, love the first installment the most, this sequel was phenomenal and memorable. With the challenges this game had, this definitely would go interesting to see return......with interesting additional challenges, etc.

3) Donkey Kong 64: Easily one of my favorite Donkey Kong installments. I always loved the style, gameplay, challenges, differentiation between each character, and levels.

I can name many more, but I'll a narrow list such as the one above :)
Scott R. Genovese
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 01:03:12 am »
  • It's the grineer
Pokemon Yellow. It may have been made a remake for Red and Green, but Yellow deserves it.

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 01:22:52 am »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
1) Banjo-Kazooie: Hands down; one of the most entertaining, addicting, and challenging games of all time in my opinion. Seeing this on the Nintendo 3DS would keep me going for hours on end each day! Such a memorable game :)

And, since I mentioned Banjo Kazooie, I might as well mention the sequel:

2) Banjo-Tooie: Even though I, as well as many others, love the first installment the most, this sequel was phenomenal and memorable. With the challenges this game had, this definitely would go interesting to see return......with interesting additional challenges, etc.
This. Unfortunately, it's rather unlikely. Banjo-Kazooie is owned by Microsoft, the whole original team of BK already left Rare after their transfer to Microsoft and the new Rare chose to abandon the Banjo-Kazooie franchise in favor of the "more successful" Kinect franchise. BK is finished. Microsoft already lost interest in it and Nintendo won't be able to reclaim it. That's really sad. Now we get merely mediocre 3D Jump'n'Runs from Nintendo, like Super Mario Galaxy, that are praised as some of the best games of all time, even though they suck compared to BK. I really miss the good old Rareware. If Nintendo hadn't sold it we would still be playing Banjo Threeie(http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/16/banjo-threeie-gamecube-tech-demo/) and Dinosaur Planet (http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/dinosaur_planet_n64/)...  etc.
Nintendo should try to buy at least the Banjo-Kazooie franchise back. Microsoft doesn't need it anyway and we'd get the Remakes we are yearning for. And who knows, maybe some old Rareware members would even reunite and go back to Nintendo.   XD

Also, there are some 2D RPGs that deserve remakes, e.g. Chrono Trigger.
...and maybe some 2D Zelda games like ALttP. :)
Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:50 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Actually Miragos, there are a lot of rumors going around that Nintendo is attempting to buy back Rare, Banjo-Kazooie more specifically. I was going to say BK and BT, but theres a pretty good chance that neither will happen, although I would LOVE that.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:40 am »
Thanks for the update! I miss the franchise too and remember the now the whole ordeal with the Rare household name. It really is a shame to not see these great installments continue.

And yes, the other games you mentioned at the end I agree with too! They definitely deserve to return full-fledge.
Scott R. Genovese
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 02:00:58 am »
  • It's the grineer

lol, Chrono Trigger has its DS version and ALTTP has its GBA version

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 02:15:45 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

lol, Chrono Trigger has its DS version and ALTTP has its GBA version

Those aren't remakes. They're ports. They're the exact same game except on a different system. We're talking remakes here, with different graphics and a different engine.

EDIT: I came across a bit of an ass here, but I really didn't mean to >__< I would probably like to also see a remake of Pokemon Yellow with the new Pokemon engine and whatnot actually. Might be interesting and certainly nostalgic.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 02:53:35 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Actually, Ash, there have been rumors (or leaks, i cant remember which) of talks with Rare and Retro or remaking BK for 3DS.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 03:25:46 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Actually, Ash, there have been rumors (or leaks, i cant remember which) of talks with Rare and Retro or remaking BK for 3DS.

What's even more interesting is that Retro has said that their next project is something that everyone wants them to do. I'm thinking either Banjo-Kazooie or Donkey Kong 64, but I could easily be wrong

EDIT: I came across a bit of an ass here, but I really didn't mean to >__< I would probably like to also see a remake of Pokemon Yellow with the new Pokemon engine and whatnot actually. Might be interesting and certainly nostalgic.

No, you're good. I think everybody got whatchu meant. :D

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 03:43:57 am »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
I've heard of those rumors, but  I don't think that  BK for the 3DS is very likely -even if there were talks with Rare and Retro.
In the end it is Microsoft's decision. Even if Rare and Retro wanted there to be BK games/ports/remakes for the 3DS: Microsoft must confirm it. Of course, there is a very slight chance that Microsoft would do so, because they don't have a handheld console yet. However, the last two games from Rare to be released on a Nintendo handheld were Diddy Kong Racing in 2007, because Nintendo still owns the part of Rare responsible for Diddy Kong, and Viva Piñata DS in 2008. I don't know how they got latter on the DS, but it probably has something to do with THQ being the publisher. So we haven't seen any Rare game on a Nintendo console in four years. :/

I think a Donkey Kong 64 remake should be possible, though... Nintendo should still have the rights to make a 3DS port/remake.
And if today's Rare has really lost interest in BK, a reclamation of it wouldn't be so unlikely.

Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 06:36:14 am »
Hmm, maybe I'm pessimistic about it. But when it comes to remakes I often think "Wishfull thinking" or "Doomed to fail". Seriously, most of the time someone would buy a remake is because the nostalgia and only a few games hold up to the test of time. The games back then were innovative, new and great, because we didn't know any better. Games these days have evolved from them.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 12:13:48 pm »
No particular order:

Diablo 1 (just an official android port would be nice and very doable)
Warhammer 40000: Chaos Gate
Gunship 2000
UN Squadron
Resident Evil 2
Metal Gear Solid(GCN is poop :) )
Final Fantasy VII (idc what you say)
Age of Empires II
Legend of Zelda
Final Fight 3
Parasite Eve
Gran Turismo 2(more or less a very nice graphical facelift on GT2s gameflow)
Super Mario 64(expanded worlds/stars with graphics on par or better than Galaxy)
Silent Hill
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate 2
Jazz Jackrabbit
F-Zero X
Starfox (unless I missed something, we really need a starfox game of just a rails arcade shooter again, no super storyline !@#$%)
Street Fighter 2010 ( I am not joking, remove the SF name, call it something new but with some nice HD graphics, reworked story)
GG Shinobi
Outrun Europa
Final Fantasy Legends 1 or 2 or 3
Legend of Dragoon
Castlevania: SotN (fix glitches, make everything super !@#$% HD with even more detailed 2d art :3  )
Megaman IV
Megaman X2
Megaman X4

I have more but I will stop as at even $40 a piece, I would be broke...again...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 12:55:42 pm »
  • It's the grineer
If I shall choose the best games to remake, I'd think in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the old Spyro the Dragon games.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »
If I shall choose the best games to remake, I'd think in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the old Spyro the Dragon games.

Technically GTA 5 is a remake of GTA: SA.

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 06:06:54 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
Super Mario RPG could use a remake.
i wouldn't mind seeing the golden sun games remade in 3d or something.
Clockwork Knight 1 and 2.

• Crim is Pro!

spectrumbranch

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 08:10:20 pm »
Super Mario RPG could use a remake.

Sad how nintendo considers Paper Mario to be a sequel >_<

Alex

kittens!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 03:22:30 am »
  • fishy cakes~
Lufia & the Fortress of Doom on the SNES
  • Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 05:13:26 am »
Skyward Sword

gotta remove the silent realms, excess boss battles, maybe change akuma a bit

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 76 queries.