Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed]The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows [NEW!!! V3.0]  (Read 47765 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2010, 02:22:20 pm »
-Always i use 30 FPS in my games. The overworld can´t go with more speed (is a big room)

I don't understand what difference that makes , more fps makes the game look smoother .
In GM choosing a room's speed matters a lot, because all the inbuilt timers are based on steps. Personally I prefer coding for 60 since I can't be assed with delta timing but I like to allow the option to throttle back to 30 for people who may have trouble running at 60. The way I do this is to have a multiplier value that timers and speeds multiply themselves by. I know, adds unneeded calculations but meh.
Also, GM is horrible at handling large rooms, especially when there isn't a system in place that deactivates objects outside of a certain threshhold past the view. Optimizations like this really go a long way to improving speed.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »
-Always i use 30 FPS in my games. The overworld can´t go with more speed (is a big room)

I don't understand what difference that makes , more fps makes the game look smoother .
there isn't a system in place that deactivates objects outside of a certain threshhold past the view
i'm not sure what you mean by that ,
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2010, 08:09:32 pm »
  • Minalien

there isn't a system in place that deactivates objects outside of a certain threshhold past the view
i'm not sure what you mean by that ,

In other words, the Game Maker engine constantly gives every object in a room processing time, rather than skipping over them if they are a certain distance outside of the view. Skipping them would allow processing to go by much faster, and would allow the system to handle larger rooms more efficiently, because there would be far less to contend with.

While I don't use Game Maker, there are two ways I can come up with one method off of the top of my head that Game Maker users could implement this on their own. Create spawners, rather than objects themselves, that would activate only within a certain distance of the view. Whenever the object comes within range, it would do one of two things: spawn the object for the first time, or had the object been spawned in the past, respawn the object where it left off. This spawner object would remove the object from the game when it left the pre-defined bounds, while storing a copy of the object's state. This way, there is far less in the way of processing than there would be otherwise, but it would be, as far as the player is concerned, the same. This could also be applied to create an area spawner for enemy objects in, say, a Legend of Zelda-style game. The spawner carries a template of the enemy object, and when the player is within a specified distance, could begin spawning within its area, given a set of parameters, such as the minimum and maximum numbers of enemies, variations to the enemy's stats, and relative spacing between enemies.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2010, 09:29:01 pm »
In gamemaker that would be done by activating/deactivating instances within a bounding box. There are however some risks involved with that. I won't be able to say what though.
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2010, 02:46:42 am »
In gamemaker that would be done by activating/deactivating instances within a bounding box. There are however some risks involved with that. I won't be able to say what though.
There are.  When I was working on Heroa, I was wondering why the game kept increasing in memory in Task Manager.
I had an object that was outside the view for controlling the HUD elements.  I did something that checked to see if there was an instance of that object, and if not, it created one.  Well, since I had set the creation location outside the window, it kept creating new instances of that object.  Eventually, if fills up memory.

I fixed it only after someone discovered a slow-down from testing on a slower machine.
Thank God for someone willing to test.

But yeah, if you do not pay attention, sometimes the activate/deactivate can do things like that.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 05:37:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Just do what I do in all of my games when I have a pause function--- add an escape to your step event for when the game is paused.
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2010, 07:46:49 am »
  • Minalien
Disregard this, wrong post. <.<;;
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Link of Hyrule

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:23 am »
I've played the game but I can't work out how to get to the dungeon with the first stone!

Plz help... :'(
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:23 am »
I've played the game but I can't work out how to get to the dungeon with the first stone!

Plz help... :'(

Sorry because I didn´t see this post :(

If you have the magig power, go to the forest and search two diferent trees. Burn those trees with the power and go into the LV1!
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 05:58:45 pm »
HI, sorry for revive the post, but I released the NEW VERSION :), 2.0

-Changes in VERSION 2.0:

*New color in graphics
*New item (iron bow)
*New extra boss
*Two news enemies (blood gibdo and dark warlock)
*The bosses of level 5 and level 8 have been changed
*Better gameplay into dungeons
*A new little cutscene
*English translation is now better
*Load times have been reduced
*Changes in the OST
*Many bugs fixed

VERSION 2.0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DOWNLOAD LINK VERSION 2.0 [NEW] (direct link):

http://www.box.net/shared/i5p5v2ea81krc2kgeml1
Re: The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows [NEW ...
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 01:27:06 am »
I just downloaded this!  XD
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
Re: The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows [NEW ...
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 12:51:48 pm »
VERSION 3.0 RELEASED

Download here ---->   https://www.box.com/s/lfoovp5mlmqwdaoyiza8

Thank you all for continue playing and enjoy it

NEW in version 3.0: gameplay much better, design improved, RED POTION (revive), new zone, and WALKTHOUGH translated to English. Also, the english translation is much better in this version

I remind: 8 dungeons, hard game, lot of enemys, items, nice graphics and story, ... all that a Zelda game must has (al least for a fangame =) )

New Screens

Sorry for revive the post but it´s better that create a new post
Re: The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows [NEW!...
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:03 am »
Hi,
I'm french and i've just discovered your game in v3. It's a very very good game ! I love the map, the different villages and people, the dungeon design.
Thanks for all,
Lepas33
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 07:26:42 am »
VERSION 3.0 RELEASED

Download here ---->   https://www.box.com/s/lfoovp5mlmqwdaoyiza8

Thank you all for continue playing and enjoy it
    dead link any one know where i can find a working one ?
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2015, 12:53:21 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: [Completed]The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Sh...
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2015, 08:23:45 am »
thats an old version. anyone can reupload v3?
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 08:52:46 am »
@ Agahnim

I managed to find it here:

http://zelda-realm-of-shadows.en.uptodown.com/

If you have problems downloading it from there I can try to upload it somewhere for you.
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2017, 04:39:55 pm »
I am stuck!! i can't enter the water temple :'(! The zora princess said it's behind the zora king and i have hit something. But i keep hitting the wall behind him and him, nothing is happening! The king says nothing new and i can't progress!! I have pendant of the princess, i did jabu jabu, i have the latest version, and yet i don't know what to do!

Can you please tell me what i missed?(even if its been years)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2017, 01:24:32 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
I am stuck!! i can't enter the water temple :'(! The zora princess said it's behind the zora king and i have hit something. But i keep hitting the wall behind him and him, nothing is happening! The king says nothing new and i can't progress!! I have pendant of the princess, i did jabu jabu, i have the latest version, and yet i don't know what to do!

Can you please tell me what i missed?(even if its been years)

It is probably a bug, you might have to make a new save and or next-time back a backup save.
I haven't played the game in a while, way before it was updated fully.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 75 queries.