Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Super Smash Bros  (Read 24541 times)

Xiphirx

wat
Re: [Demo] Super Smash Bros
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:45 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Woah, woah, woah this is now 3D? 8O

*drooling*
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:26 pm »
Nice, it looks kind of like a paper mario styled Super Smash Brothers.
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 02:35:36 am »
Just tried it, not bad.

Only a few complaints:

- Throwing the bomb forward allows you to catch it if it's still in the area of your sword attack.

- The Items seem a little messed up, the one that looks like Samus ball thing where you flip in melee doesn't seem to work, and seems hard to actually pick up and such.

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 02:51:51 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Just tried it, not bad.

Only a few complaints:

- Throwing the bomb forward allows you to catch it if it's still in the area of your sword attack.

- The Items seem a little messed up, the one that looks like Samus ball thing where you flip in melee doesn't seem to work, and seems hard to actually pick up and such.

Yes.  I need to place a timer on the the bombs (all items actually) so you can not pick them up directly after throwing them.  As for the other item you mentioned it is actually not the item (Samus Ball thing) you mentioned from melee.  It simply boosts the gravity of the opponent you throw it at making it harder for them to return to the ledge if knocked off.  I have been thinking of changing it's sprite, but either way later on in the development of the game I will give an explanation of each of the items. Right now there are only three, but it won't be long before I add more.
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 01:55:45 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay guys I have a couple of questions, and ideas to bounce off of you all.  Here goes.

1)  I have been trying to decide what to do for Rash's down B (Down Special) attack...  I was thinking of having him get on one of those racers you use in the turbo tunnels in battletoads and shoot forward kind of like Wario does on his Motorcycle in brawl.  If you haven't played battletoads then go to google or youtube and search for "Battletoads Turbo Tunnel" and you should find something to show you what I am talking about.  I am not set of this yet though, so I was hoping that some of your guys familiar with battletoads might have another idea for me to consider.

2)  I could spend a good amount of time creating more characters (they take me quite a while to put in with all the sprites and actions), or I could start making more items and levels and a good menu to select everything from.  This will have a tendency to move faster than adding more characters would I think.  Which would you rather see happen first?
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 12:51:53 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Well thanks for all your input guys...  :P 

No matter, I have come up with a decision on my own, though I suppose you will have to wait until the next demo to see it.  As far as progress goes I have mainly been working out bugs with the gravity changes in the new level (Wookie Hole) that I recently made.  So up to date I have now fixed all of the coding bugs that I am aware of though there are still a few minor design bugs that I will need to iron out.  I have been pretty satisfied with the new stuff I have been putting in so I hope you guys will like it too...   ;)
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 05:46:00 pm »
Well thanks for all your input guys...  :P 

No matter, I have come up with a decision on my own, though I suppose you will have to wait until the next demo to see it.  As far as progress goes I have mainly been working out bugs with the gravity changes in the new level (Wookie Hole) that I recently made.  So up to date I have now fixed all of the coding bugs that I am aware of though there are still a few minor design bugs that I will need to iron out.  I have been pretty satisfied with the new stuff I have been putting in so I hope you guys will like it too...   ;)
wookie hole.. do you mean:
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 07:39:56 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
^ lol!  No.  It is the second level from battletoads.  If you have played battletoads it is the level where you are hanging on a rope.
[imgzoom]http://fc.ffsky.cn/img/Battletoads/204.jpg[/imgzoom]

however in smash bros it looks like this...  Though I may scale it down a bit, and I still need to add texture to the platform.
[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?action=games&sa=getdownload&id=755[/imgzoom]

The platform will move up and down the hole which will adjust the gravity felt by the characters during game play.  Makes for an interesting fight.
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 08:26:39 pm »
^ lol!  No.  It is the second level from battletoads.  If you have played battletoads it is the level where you are hanging on a rope.
[imgzoom]http://fc.ffsky.cn/img/Battletoads/204.jpg[/imgzoom]

however in smash bros it looks like this...  Though I may scale it down a bit, and I still need to add texture to the platform.
[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?action=games&sa=getdownload&id=755[/imgzoom]

The platform will move up and down the hole which will adjust the gravity felt by the characters during game play.  Makes for an interesting fight.
i like, i like! so, you mean, if the platform is falling, you'll jump slower and fall slower, and going up, faster.. i like the sound of it!
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 01:15:30 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks!  Yes thats right.  I am also planning on adding a couple of enemies that will occasionally appear, such as the bird that you see in the first pic.  I don't want to make it too hectic though like some of the levels in brawl.  I will have to see what it is like after I have put them in.

Edit:  Here is a screen shot of Sector Y with an Arwing Blasting Rash!
[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?action=games&sa=getdownload&id=756[/imgzoom]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:40:09 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:51 am »
Thanks!  Yes thats right.  I am also planning on adding a couple of enemies that will occasionally appear, such as the bird that you see in the first pic.  I don't want to make it too hectic though like some of the levels in brawl.  I will have to see what it is like after I have put them in.

Edit:  Here is a screen shot of Sector Y with an Arwing Blasting Rash!
[imgzoom]http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?action=games&sa=getdownload&id=756[/imgzoom]
The ideas just keep on coming with you! will you be able to stand on the arwing  :huh: - you could stick an npc on it and watch it fly away....
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2010, 12:00:35 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Yes you can stand on it if it is flying parollel to the mothership ie: if it approches from the left or right of the screen.  If it is attacking from the distance as shown above than you cannot stand on it.  It is just like it is in the actual smash bros game.  The NPCs are pretty good at getting off of them though if they need to.
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:13 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Wow, This topic is quite old...  For those of you who remember this I wish I could say that it has undergone monumental development since I last posted here, but unfortunately not.  Someone just reminded me that I never uploaded the version of the game with the Wookie Hole, and Rash from battletoads.  Rash never did reach completion because of some really tedious stuff like aligning held items with his sprite when running.  Rash is quite playable even though his sound effects are borrowed from Link as well as his Down-B move which was never finished...  Anyway,  I just thought I should upload the most up to date version of this that I had.  Sorry there isn't more to show for all this time, but that is just the way it goes sometimes.

Also...  Why was this project erased from the database?  Perhaps because it was old?  Anyhow it is now hosted on Host-A-Hosting.  Thanks to the 1500 plus people who tried it out over the years.  I guess you could say that this project is dead now, not because I don't like the idea of finishing a Smash Bros fan game, but because it has gotten to the point that I would rather start over to fix some issues with efficiency and the like.  Only problem is I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing it as I now have a chance to work with a publishing company to actually make a retail indie game.  That and I am still working on other fan games during any spare time...

There is no character select so you will have to switch between playing player 1, and player 2 to play either character.  Enjoy!

Download: Smash Bros
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:21:35 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ahh so this is why there was no mention of Smash at e3...

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 65 queries.

anything