Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going to happen to Tommy Bakudan + Mr. Wrong?  (Read 7819 times)

Re: What's going to happen to Tommy Bakudan + Mr...
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 08:33:38 pm »
No offense, I don't really understand why you would like to expel Mr. Tommy Wrongkudan in favour of your "triple poll". This character is creative, bizarre, and was pretty much created as the result of an accident. What more could you want?
I just think we can't mix the characters. First of all, they're completely different... I mean, one is a parasite, the other is an avenger who lost his memories and the other is a man who is always saying STFU to people; they have nothing in common.

Second, I think a triple poll is more fair than mixing the characters: Mr. Wrong was in a match alone against a team of 2 characters, which would be harder to beat than if Mr. Wrong had a triple poll against them separate. If that had happened, the votes of Tommy Bakudan would be divided between Bakudan and Tommy-Gun T, and Mr. Wrong would have won with 50% of the votes. Maybe that wouldn't have happened exactly as I described, but somehow similar (OBS: I'm not defending Mr. Wrong, I didn't even vote in him, I'm just pointing the logic.)

And third, IMHO, having your own character winning a competition is different from having a mix of 3 or 4 characters winning. Also, as your character is mixed, that would lose much of the "essence" of the character. Imagine if, suppose, FISSURE (which is a comic and satirical character) was mixed with Hane (which isn't comic, it's a more dramatic character). You had put lot's of effort into writing a dramatic and emotional story, and in the end it is mixed with a funny satirical story. I personally wouldn't like that to happen with my character, but it seems the competitors agreed with mixing the characters, so it's okay.

That's only my opinion. I expected that at least one or two person would agree with me when I posted this topic, but it seems that the majority of the voters and character-makers prefer mixing the characters. Okay, so just continue mixing the characters then.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:35:46 pm by sjegtp »
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 09:03:32 pm »
Why do you take this so  serious? really it just a character competition just for fun :P.. well, Q.K. Is in a trip, he will be back in a week or less :/, I really think he doesn't mind joining the characters.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Well, beyond the division matches, if it turned out a particular match would turn out to be a tie we will let the poll just run a little longer :p

As for Mr. Tommy Wrongkudan; I'll state it again: what has been done has been done. We're not reverting anything.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 02:35:24 am »
Also, as your character is mixed, that would lose much of the "essence" of the character. Imagine if, suppose, FISSURE (which is a comic and satirical character) was mixed with Hane (which isn't comic, it's a more dramatic character). You had put lot's of effort into writing a dramatic and emotional story, and in the end it is mixed with a funny satirical story.
That is a VERY valid point.  Luckily the creators all seem to agree on this merger, but I must ask...If there is a tie in the future and the creators DON'T agree with a character merge, what then?  I have no problem with the characters having been merged and what's done is done, this is just a hypothetical question.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 03:02:35 am »
  • puck you
No offense, I don't really understand why you would like to expel Mr. Tommy Wrongkudan in favour of your "triple poll". This character is creative, bizarre, and was pretty much created as the result of an accident. What more could you want?
I just think we can't mix the characters. First of all, they're completely different... I mean, one is a parasite, the other is an avenger who lost his memories and the other is a man who is always saying STFU to people; they have nothing in common.

Second, I think a triple poll is more fair than mixing the characters: Mr. Wrong was in a match alone against a team of 2 characters, which would be harder to beat than if Mr. Wrong had a triple poll against them separate. If that had happened, the votes of Tommy Bakudan would be divided between Bakudan and Tommy-Gun T, and Mr. Wrong would have won with 50% of the votes. Maybe that wouldn't have happened exactly as I described, but somehow similar (OBS: I'm not defending Mr. Wrong, I didn't even vote in him, I'm just pointing the logic.)

And third, IMHO, having your own character winning a competition is different from having a mix of 3 or 4 characters winning. Also, as your character is mixed, that would lose much of the "essence" of the character. Imagine if, suppose, FISSURE (which is a comic and satirical character) was mixed with Hane (which isn't comic, it's a more dramatic character). You had put lot's of effort into writing a dramatic and emotional story, and in the end it is mixed with a funny satirical story. I personally wouldn't like that to happen with my character, but it seems the competitors agreed with mixing the characters, so it's okay.

That's only my opinion. I expected that at least one or two person would agree with me when I posted this topic, but it seems that the majority of the voters and character-makers prefer mixing the characters. Okay, so just continue mixing the characters then.

Really well said.

I know we can't revert the characters but I just wanna say;

Although I didn't mind a character merge, for the next competition I'd really like a solution to solve the draw problems.
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 06:17:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
I suppose when you put it THAT way... It makes a lot of sense. Thing is, it didn't really cause much of an issue with these three characters because they were all comical, humorous characters and a character merge didn't seem like it would take away too much of the essence of all three characters.

If it just so happened that someone like The Acolyte and Tommy-Gun T merged, then a character merge would not have come to mind at all.

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:43 am »
  • Never try, never fly
Either way, if the competitors disagrees with the fusion, no mix will occur. Simple as that. :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 07:44:31 am by Corniune »
  • My DeviantArt

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 01:43:19 am »
  • The Mike
I wonder what would have happened if Bobular progressed and tied with another character. All I can imagine is that you'd have to change the head and add hands and feet.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 02:00:25 am »
  • [sic]
How about next time if there is a draw the two winners are given a space of time in which other brackets are voted on and they cocreate a character if possible? Next year, though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:07:23 pm by Kame »
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 04:39:48 pm »
How about next time if there is a draw the two winners are given a spae of tiem in whihc other brackets are voted on and they cocreate a character if possible? Next year, though.

Um... but if that's the time where the rest is voted on, when will the co-creation be voted on? And where in the brackets?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 09:10:54 pm »
  • [sic]
There'll be a set time for the tied authors to come up with a co-created character together. During that time, other votes will be held, i.e. between different characters or brackets and if those votes do not fill up the space of time no votes will be held until the time for a co-creation expires. If the time expires and no co-creation is made or if the authors wish not to make one at all, a merge will be done as was this year.
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:48 pm »
There'll be a set time for the tied authors to come up with a co-created character together. During that time, other votes will be held, i.e. between different characters or brackets and if those votes do not fill up the space of time no votes will be held until the time for a co-creation expires. If the time expires and no co-creation is made or if the authors wish not to make one at all, a merge will be done as was this year.
That's a good idea. I think this could be better than a merge sometimes.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 09:27:04 pm »
  • [sic]
Or one of the authors of a tie could always drop out. Not that that's likely, but it should be allowed.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 04:10:55 am »
Hahahaha, just got back from my trip. I laughed so hard at this. XD I'm all for keeping Mr. Tommy Wrongkudan. XD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 61 queries.