Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A round of applause for..  (Read 2057 times)

A round of applause for..
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:28:30 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Hey, I'd like everybody to know that I found this year's competition extremely pleasant. Along with Hoffy I organized this competition and I'd like everybody to know that it was a great honour for me to help organizing this. However, without a few people here I wouldn't have been able to do so, so give them a big hand:

Hoffy - First and foremost, my partner in crime. Without him it would have been downright impossible to post all polls on time (alright, the finals were 1 hour late, but other than that I think the timing went great). He came up with some funny ideas, and he has been rewarded for that by winning the entire competition.

4Sword - You may not have seen what he has done, but he has been working a bit on the competition behind the scenes. He set up the boards for the forums and always changed the news to reflect what match was being fought today. Especially in the last week, he posted the news in under five minutes of posting the poll. Thanks a lot for the advertisement, man :).

InvaderLupus & Megaworm - For being so kind to lend their characters for a long overdue match.

Jerry, Sol & Vash - For letting me edit the topic of #zfgc to shamelessly advertise today's matches. Thanks guys.

All competitors - And of course, the most important of them all: you guys. We had great fun because we had so many great characters. I really wish for a lot of them that August 2007 isn't the end of them, and hope to see them make a return to ZFGC in the shape of a comic or a game.. or really just anything else. Thanks for investing time in the competition, it was great fun :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:41:08 pm by 4Sword »
My name is Pitt

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: A round of applause for..
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:38:13 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Thanks for participating guys :). I've said it once and I'll say it again; this has been the best character competition ZFGC has had so far. The amount of variety in the characters was great.

I'd like to say thanks to NeoGeo-x because even though I began the competition, he pretty much did all the work. He did the brackets, the match images, the signatures, pretty much all of the organization to make the competition look pretty. And he also came up with some great ideas. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have had the Intermezzo Match. The credit should really go to him, as if it wasn't for him the competition wouldn't have gone so swiftly.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:41:09 pm by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:03:32 pm »
Meh, I could have done a better job.  There were some times that I couldn't update the news faster; i.e. the final match because it was delayed an hour, I went to bed because I was tired and having a a bad day for reasons known to one other person.  The boards I made were a little sloppy in the permissions settings; I could have established all permission settings through the Event Manager rather than also having you as local moderators, but oh well.  You're welcome, I guess.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:51:42 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
"All the work"? I was the one who wasn't here for 8 days straight :P Anyway, thanks for the credit. It really was a fun thing to do.

And 4sword, I could have a done a lot better as well. But I'd like for you to be satisfied, because overall the competition ran pretty smoothly. That yesterday, the news was updated later was not so much your fault as much as it ours.. we were late. And for the permissions, apart from an incident where I used a feature of which I wasn't aware that it should not be given to a local moderator, I think it was set up great. Really 4sword, thanks for the backup :p
My name is Pitt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 43 queries.

anything