Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God  (Read 1601 times)

God
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:10:12 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
This is how i hope God is:

A Letter From God to Man

"Hey There, how, how’s it going?
Long time no see.
I know I haven’t been around much lately
But…it didn’t seem like you wanted me to be
The last time I sent down a message you nailed it to the cross
So I figured I’d just leave you to it, let you be your own boss

But I’ve been keeping an eye on you, I have, and it’s amazing how you’ve grown.
With your technological advances and the problems you’ve overthrown,
And all the beautiful art you’ve created with such grace and such finesse,
But I admit there are a few things I’m afraid have impressed me less.

So I’m writing to apologize for all the horrors committed in my name,
Although that was never what I intended, I feel I should take my share of the blame.
All the good I tried to do was corrupted when all the religion got into full swing,
What I thought were quite clear messages were taken to unusual extremes.
My teachings taken out of context to meet the agendas of others,
Interpretations taken to many different ways and hidden meanings discovered

Religion became a tool, for the weak to control the strong
With all these new morals and ethics, survival of the fittest was gone
No longer could the biggest man simply take whatever he needed
‘cause damnation was the price if certain rules were not heeded

Some of the deeds committed in my name just made me wonder were I went wrong.
Back at the start when I created this, the foundation seemed so strong.
See all the elements were already here, long before I began, I just kind of put it all together
I didn’t really think out a long-term plan.

I made the sun an appropriate distance and laid the stars across the sky
So you could navigate the globe or simply watch the sun rise
I covered the earth with plants and fruits,
Some for sustenance and some for beauty
I made the sun shine and the clouds rain so their maintenance wasn’t your duty
I tried to give each creature its own attributes without making them enveloped
I gave you all you all your own space to grow and in your own way space to develop

I didn’t know such development would cause rifts and jealousy
Cause you to war against each other and leave marks on this planet indelibly
You see, I wasn’t really the creater, I was just the curator of nature
I want to get something straight with homosexuals right now: I don’t hate ya
I was a simple being that happened to be the first to wield such powers
I just laid the ground, it was You that built the towers

It was You that invented bombs, and the fear that comes with them
And it was You that invented money, and the corrupt economic systems
You invented terms like just-war and terms like friendly fire
And it was You that didn’t know when to stop digging deeper, when to stop building higher
It was You that exhausted the resources I carefully laid out on this earth,
And it was You that even saw these problems coming but accredited them little worth
It was You that used my teachings for your own personal gain
And it was You that committed such tragedies, even though they were in my name

So I apologize for any mistakes I made, and when my words misconstrued
But this apology’s to mother nature, cause I created you"

Its a song by Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip, but i think it raises some good points on what the classical concept of God might see of what the extremist organised religions have done.

Edit: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnGNOiFll4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnGNOiFll4</a>
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:48:34 am by SlimmyG »

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
Re: God
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:06:13 am »
That's a very interesting song. If there is a God, then I hope he is like that.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:52 am »
Added a youtube link to the first song, you might wanna check it out.
Also check out other Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip stuff, theyre awesome.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:11:30 pm »
  • :'O
The singer is annoying, song makes sense, and yeah

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 09:25:15 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Thats kinda how I would view God. My belief if a god does exists (not saying I'm Atheist, more Agnostic) they acted as just a "clockmaker" putting all the pieces of life together in the beginning (more scientifically put everything that made up the "big bang" into existance) then just let it run on its own and see what happens.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:20:51 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I didn't create the bomb...why is he blaming me?  :P
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:36:14 am »
Thats kinda how I would view God. My belief if a god does exists (not saying I'm Atheist, more Agnostic) they acted as just a "clockmaker" putting all the pieces of life together in the beginning (more scientifically put everything that made up the "big bang" into existance) then just let it run on its own and see what happens.

Your god does exist, and his name is Will Wright.  This joke's failure is almost as bad as the fall of Maxis itself.

Meh, as for myself, I once believed in the idea of a god, but then I broke away from that idea seeing as nothing I was asking of this god was getting answered and the more and more I believed in the concept I had less control over what I wanted to do.  I repeatedly ask god to shoot me down with lightning in front of devout followers for the heck of it, but to my disappointment, nothing ever comes.  Perhaps my overly logical mind makes it so I cannot perceive something that may or may not be there, maybe I am crazy, or maybe everyone else is.  The way some people portray a god though is kind of sad.  For an omnipotent, everlasting being to hold a grudge against humanity for the actions of one man and woman is kind of emo.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:39:42 am »

Your god does exist, and his name is Will Wright.  This joke's failure is almost as bad as the fall of Maxis itself.

Meh, as for myself, I once believed in the idea of a god, but then I broke away from that idea seeing as nothing I was asking of this god was getting answered and the more and more I believed in the concept I had less control over what I wanted to do.  I repeatedly ask god to shoot me down with lightning in front of devout followers for the heck of it, but to my disappointment, nothing ever comes.  Perhaps my overly logical mind makes it so I cannot perceive something that may or may not be there, maybe I am crazy, or maybe everyone else is.  The way some people portray a god though is kind of sad.  For an omnipotent, everlasting being to hold a grudge against humanity for the actions of one man and woman is kind of emo.

an Emo god... intresting concept...
Personally i dont believe in God, but God punishing all of manking for Adam and Eves mistakes doesnt seem very omnibevolent, which of course contradicts the classical concept of God, causing issues.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 07:44:02 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

an Emo god... intresting concept...
Personally i dont believe in God, but God punishing all of manking for Adam and Eves mistakes doesnt seem very omnibevolent, which of course contradicts the classical concept of God, causing issues.

Yeah except the notion that God is punishing people for Adam and Eve's mistakes shows a massive lack of knowledge in the subject :p A god that would punish all of mankind for that is no god I would worship :P

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 08:41:49 am »
The god who knows everything and is unbounded by time, letting people be born, live, and die, some of which in sin to suffer an eternal torment for the actions of a short and simple life.  Casting descendants of the first humans and their descendants out of paradise and having the audacity to limit those who hear and believe his word and tell it, insane or otherwise, access to an everlasting utopia.  The same god who refuses to approach or explain itself rationally instead calling on the emotions and leanings of a human populous to declare allegiance for itself.  Rather than doing things for the right reasons, one must do things for someone who claims to be right.  Religions that are based on canons usually tend to be human controlled anyway.

Lucifer is the most rational character in that whole book as I see it.  A god who makes a higher being serve an imperfect, lower being simply for that god's amusement is a sad story.  And that god's willingness to cast those he wants to the devil so that the devil can have his fun is bad.  The only way the whole story would make sense to me is if god and the devil were former friends who did things differently and needed space.  The whole story then becomes a toying around with humanity though, and that is kind of shitty.  If I were god, I would choose to end myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 57 queries.

anything