Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: E3 2010, whos excited?  (Read 5653 times)

E3 2010, whos excited?
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:42:58 am »
Well, I know it is a little bit early, but I cant help but find myself excited for E3 this year. For those who don't know about it, it will be June 15th to June 17th. I've been keeping an eye on it and waiting for new information, why? Zelda Wii, or whatever it will be called is to be announced there, and Nintendo have promised: "So we have been trying something new in terms of the structure of the Wii version of the new Zelda game this time. I am really hopeful that people will be surprised with the changes we have implemented for this Wii version.". I personally can't wait for a brand new Zelda which works in a different way.

Perhaps my expectations are too hight but I am hoping for something like the transition between LTTP and OOT, something that simply wows me and makes me play it over and over.

So, who else is excited for E3, and why?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:54:16 am by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson
Re: E3 2010, whos exited?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:51:29 am »
Actually, I'm not really that excited at all. Have a lot of other stuff to worry about.

PS: When I read the topic title, I was actually expecting you to talk about the companies that weren't going to show up  :P "exited"  XD
Re: E3 2010, whos excited?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:55:38 am »
Oh dear, thats the most poor use of the English language I have had for a very long time... and not only that I put it in throughout the post. Cheers for that.

I have a lot to worry about too, but I'm not worried about this, I think its awesome.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:01:06 pm »
I think that if you get your hopes up to high, you'll only end up dissappointed. For the past couple of years I hear journalist tell about some of the games they are expecting and especially the rumors, thinking they are facts. They get all hyped up and then when the E3 is happening they end up all dissappointed, because they expected more.

What I expect of the great three is:

Nintendo: Will show some new peripherals for the Wii/DS that should give some new control to playing games. A lot of games marketed to gamers of all ages and the newly dubbed casual gamers. Maybe a few so-called hardcore titles like Mario and Zelda. The press is probably whining to see something of the 'new' Kid Icarus.

Sony: will come with their new motion sensing controller like they have something revolutionary. Showing the same goddamn sport demo's and minigames, that Nintendo showed years ago with the Wii and Wiimotion plus. A number of titles for the PS3 that show of how beautiful the graphics are and that they serve the hardcore audience with sequels to existing titles. Furthermore some minor titles for the PS2 in hope to lengthen its lifetime with another year. The PSPGo and the Playstation network will be shown what for old new stuff it can expect.

Microsoft: Will act as if they just invented the wheel, with Project Natal. Show of some more of how good it is and what you can do with it in a Eye Toy like fashion. Then have some big titles, that are either sequels to other games, and maybe a new title (which is probably cross platform). They show of how well PC gamers can play with xbox gamers through their live network. Where Sony and Nintendo have handheld titles, MS will show some PC titles. Oh yeah, do not forget that some celebrities come on stage to say high for a few seconds and leave again (remember the Beatles).

Off course all three of them will also show the sales figures and remark about how much better they are doing than the competition. Which is okay, because the E3 is actually for the industry partners and shareholders, instead of the consumer.

All in all it doesn't have to be bad, they can still show some awesome stuff. But my point is, don't get to excited, because you most likely end up disappointed due it not meeting up to your expectations.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:23:25 pm »
I'm trying to setup a trip over their with my UNI, dead excited to see new information on deus ex 3 being released :3.

Show of some more of how good it is
Or not, lol. Natal is so shitty, barely works when I used it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:51:08 pm by Infini »
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »
I.. really just want a release date for The Last Guardian. XD And maybe a trailer for FFXIII Versus.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »
Some information about the next eldar scrolls would be nice. If they are ever going to !@#$% make it >: (

Mainly gonna be looking at PS3 and PC releases.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 01:23:29 pm »
Show of some more of how good it is
Or not, lol. Natal is so shitty, barely works when I used it.
That is why they are going to show it (in video and stuff). Not demonstrate or give hands on experiences.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 03:06:44 pm »
  • b e p i s
Some information about the next eldar scrolls would be nice. If they are ever going to !@#$% make it >: (

Agreed. Or anything more about Guild Wars 2.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 03:59:05 pm »
I.. really just want a release date for The Last Guardian. XD And maybe a trailer for FFXIII Versus.

This, Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (or does that come out before E3?), and Zelda Wii. Other than that I'm not too interested. However, a few buddies of mine are trying to get together and go to E3 2011, that should be a lot more interesting since it's getting closer to the time to reveal a new console.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »
Uhm, they can still wait with revealing new consoles. No interest in that just yet. I think this generation of consoles still sales to well to be upgrading now.

I thought the E3 was closed for the public and that only people from the industry were allowed inside.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 04:56:05 pm »
Yeah I agree, they COULD wait a while still, but it could also work seeing as the PS2 came out in 2000, and the PS3 in 2006. Revealing the potential PS4 next year at E3 2011, then releasing it in 2012 would kind of make sense.

And I'm not sure if E3 is open to the public this year or not, but they've had some that were closed, but I believe most have been open.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 04:58:08 pm »
Sony are going for at least a 10 year run, they have no real need to upgrade the PS3. Microsoft have had countless rumours the past few years and seem more likely to make that sort of announcement though with Natal coming out it probably wont be cost effective.

I hear Nintendo will be showing the DS successor though, think it was on Kotaku.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 05:03:27 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Im just looking forward to BlizzCon... need to know that last class D:
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 05:15:44 pm »
And I'm not sure if E3 is open to the public this year or not, but they've had some that were closed, but I believe most have been open.
I know that for a couple of years back the E3 was still open for public. The purpose of the E3 was that developers and publishers could share upcoming products and strategies for the coming year and the next with other partners in the industry. But due to many consumers/gamers coming to the E3 the communication became mostly obstructed and ineffective. Making it so that the developers/publishers would have to spend extra time and money informing the intended parties. Making the E3 way to expensive, with all the costs for the stands and everything.

This led to event that developers and publishers would announce their absence of the E3. The E3 was almost permanently canceled. They had to rethink it and go back to the basics. Thus the E3 became smaller in smaller and cheaper buildings, was closed of to the public and only invited industry partners were allowed entry and it was moved to June/July.

But I don't know if they have opened it to the public again. Or if it is still Industry Registration only.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 06:05:01 pm »
It was invite-only in '07 and '08, but it's returned to the original format now, if I'm not mistaken.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
May 23rd. But Metroid only comes out 10 days after E3, so I'm more excited about playing it than seeing it exhibited.  ;)
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 09:42:02 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I'll be happy if I see some of that new Zelda action, and I'm really excited for Other M as well.
  • My Music

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 09:47:47 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
All I want is new info on Golden Sun DS.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
All I want is new info on Golden Sun DS.

Are they supposed to be giving more info on that this time around? I really hope so, because I love Golden Sun! I played through part 1 and 2 all the way through about 3 or 4 times. :)
  • My Music

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 10:07:40 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Same here. Funny story actually, if you'll permit me. I once beat Doom Dragon with Sheba. Everyone else had been knocked out, she was the weakest character, all her Djinni were drained, she had like no PP, so I had to do a physical attack. Doom Dragon moves first, and puts up an aura. I was all like, "!@#$%. I'm gonna lose. Meh." Sheba attacks, does like 10 damage... and Doom Dragon dies. I was like "HOLY !@#$% !@#$% WHAT THE HELL HOW DID THAT WORK!?!?!?!" Pardon my language...

And I don't know. But at the media summit, they said "Any games not mentioned here will not be coming out in the first half of 2010." That naturally means that, hopefully, GSDS will come out in the second half, and that info will be released at E3, which is close to the beginning of the second half of 2010. Sooo.... *crosses fingers and toes*
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:09:29 pm by Mirby »

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 74 queries.

anything