Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: *SPOILERS* Doctor Who Season Finale  (Read 3237 times)

*SPOILERS* Doctor Who Season Finale
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:00:31 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Well, Series 4 has been my least favourite so far... No, I take that back, I didn't like Eccleston at all.  But anyways, the finale was looking really good from the teasers, though I was kinda hoping for something not Dalek related(they've been in every season of the new series and in the finale of three of them).  Davros being back is neat though.

Anyways, I hated the cliffhanger at the end 'cause I like David Tennant as the Doctor.  Though, I'm inclined to believe that something will go wrong with the regeneration... or something strange so that Tennant stays and I say this because that girl from the library episode knew him from the future, and it seemed to be the same Doctor 'cause she recognized him and commented on how young he looked.  So if we do get a new Doctor we have continuity issues, just like in the finale of Eccleston's season.
Re: *SPOILERS* Doctor Who Season Finale
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:49:59 am »
  • *whistle*
Series 4 isn't a least liked series of mine atm, but series 3 was definitely better. No Catherine Tate, and Freema kicked frikkin' ass. The finale's looking good, though... this wasn't the worst way to bring back the Daleks (series 2 finale already did that one) and it does help explain why the Doctor can't just go back to the start of the Time War and save everyone.

I don't think there were continuity issues with Eccleston leaving - he'd always planned to leave after a single series. :/

Anyway, I'm tempted to believe that the regeneration will be undone with a Deus Ex Machina at the end of the episode - the whole Earth being invaded in the present time frame by Daleks is a bit too extreme, and the series - including Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures - have tended, to a lesser extent, to fix these kind of issues with some kind of time paradox (Okay, I dunno about SJA, but it happened at least twice in Torchwood and once in DW). I'm thinking some special effect of the Medusa Cascade maybe?

(If you think about it, it's kinda supported with how likely Gwen, Ianto and Sarah Jane are likely to die in the next episode... there will be more series of both Torchwood and SJA, so they can't really have their flagship characters dying in a different series first)

If I recall, Tennant's already been signed to do the Christmas Special and the next three specials after that... but I'm not sure if he's on to do Moffat's first series. Either way, he's staying, don't worry.

In other points: Christ, almost the whole gang's back now: all that's missing is the guy with the opening-up skull from series 1, Mickey, and Martha to get her ass back to the Doctor.

I think the Daleks have been downgraded somehow - they got hit by both bricks and a paintgun ball. Normally their shields protect them from just about everything, even if it shouldn't be a threat. So maybe Gwen and Ianto do stand a chance against a lone Dalek?

And Jack's got his teleporter back, but I'm guessing he's lacking time travel still. That's frikkin' awesome, but I'm guessing it's gonna be undone by the end of the next episode, so he won't have his 'port in Torchwood.

Also, does anyone else think that Rose's teeth look damn ugly right now?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 01:41:14 pm »
I don't think there were continuity issues with Eccleston leaving - he'd always planned to leave after a single series. :/

That's not what I mean.  When he escapes the Big Brother house, at the time you think it's a disintegrater ray and so the reason the Doctor didn't get zapped was because they wanted him alive.  So he gets through the white room.  But, later you find out it was actually a teleport ray, so why didn't the Daleks just teleport him to their ship?  And he wouldn't have had that lovely shield he has when he rescues Rose.  Not a big continuity issue, but it's annoying.

Yea, I noticed that about the Dalek shields.  It didn't bother me too much, but I thought it was odd.  It was actually kinda funny when he says "MY VISION IS NOT IMPAIRED!".

I was hoping for another finale as epic as the season 3 finale with the Master.  But I don't think it's going to be that good.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:42:51 am »
Im glad I was right with the Time War theory. It was that someone would try to do something with it. Dunno what. Also, I had always thought that it would be awesome for all the Doctor's friends to ally. That happened. Seriously, do I have sightseeing? But anyway, somehow, I think that Donna interupts the regeneration as Rose said that Donna will die. I hope that this theory isn't right.

Anyway, I loved Billie Piper's acting with David Tennant's hold as the Doctor. I hope Rose fully returns :D (And maybe Sarah Jane?)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:54:29 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I loved "The Stolen Earth" and cant wait to see the finale. I love Rose and Jack being back, they`re my 2 favourite characters aside from Tennant. I dont think he`s going to leave as hes scheduled for the 2009 specials. if you look on the BBC website (I think it was the BBC...) it has Mickey Smith and Jackie Tyler in the credits.
I love the whole, everyone joining together thing, I think It genius.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 10:56:09 am »
My fingers are also crossed for a new companion :D
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:03 am »
My fingers are also crossed for a new companion :D
Personaly I want the return of Rose. She was great, Doctor loved her, and has had time in the parallel universe to mature and become smarter. And ahe worked great with Jack.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:46 am »
New companion and Rose (Oh and Jack). That would rock!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:27:59 am »
New companion and Rose (Oh and Jack). That would rock!
Aslong as it didnt seem overcrowded, hell yeah.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 12:09:36 pm »
Hey Slimmy, whose your favourite character from the series?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 01:42:53 pm »
Mine is probably Jack, i love his cheekyness and his whoreishness. But I love the tenth Docotr, definatly my fave doctor so far. Whos yours?

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 02:30:46 pm »
I don't know. I'm quite fond of the current doctor and also the previous one (he was awesome).

Anyhow, did anyone see the planet thing coming? I missed all three references to missing planets/moons in the series... I'm so ashamed of myself for missing it. I figured out the master thing for the last season three episodes in.

Oh, and I love how the daleks talk a lot more this time round.

I didnt see the planet thing coming, I guessed the master in S3, and I noticed all the Torchwood references in S2. the Bad Wolf was made obvious...

I liked Chris Eccleston (or however its spelt) but after seeing Tennant do it, I look back and think hes not as good as when i first saw him doing it. He was great though.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 07:00:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
You guys are already at the finale? We just got the first episode with the Titanic and Christmas and all that last Sunday.

But yeah, by the looks of the preview I got, this season didn't look too amazing. The first two seasons with Rose were probably the best.

Hoffy.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 07:05:43 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Wait, this show is still on?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 07:20:56 am »
You guys are already at the finale? We just got the first episode with the Titanic and Christmas and all that last Sunday.

But yeah, by the looks of the preview I got, this season didn't look too amazing. The first two seasons with Rose were probably the best.

This series has its amazing moments, and the end has been/is looking amazing.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 08:54:32 am »
Too true!!! I thought that Doomsday was amazing!!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 10:50:20 pm »
Oh My God.
That was such an amazing episode.
Kind of upsetting too, at the end...
But i loved it and im probably going to watch the whole series through again tomorrow.
So amazing...
Show content
Maybe his next companion will be a younger version of the woman he met in The Library?

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
Deus ex machina, much?
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 11:02:56 pm »
Im glad I was right with the Time War theory. It was that someone would try to do something with it. Dunno what. Also, I had always thought that it would be awesome for all the Doctor's friends to ally. That happened. Seriously, do I have sightseeing? But anyway, somehow, I think that Donna interupts the regeneration as Rose said that Donna will die. I hope that this theory isn't right.

Anyway, I loved Billie Piper's acting with David Tennant's hold as the Doctor. I hope Rose fully returns :D (And maybe Sarah Jane?)
Donna already died in episode 11, she died so that she could change the past which led to her not dying.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 08:49:03 am »
OMFG!!! That episode totally rocked!!!
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 78 queries.