Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brawl Tourney.  (Read 19222 times)

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
Re: Brawl Tourney.
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 06:55:41 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I'm so proud to be the sole Lucario (Feel the power of Aura! Kamehame-ha! What's his power level? It's over 9000!!! Ok I'll stop. >.>) lol I think for everyone's benefit they should play some random online matches these next few days leading up to the tourny so they can get used to the possibility of lag. I've learned that even the slightest lag can REALLY throw off your timing so you go from ass kicking to noob pretty easily but after a few rounds you can get used to this.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:57:33 pm by CrystalAngel04 »
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2008, 08:00:48 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I will remain a black falco.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2008, 08:04:38 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'm staying as my Green Lucas.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2008, 08:09:55 pm »
  • The Mike
I'm not changing either. I'm staying as Red Link. It's kinda funny how the red looks pink on him, lol. I have no clue why.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2008, 08:12:52 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'm not changing either. I'm staying as Red Link. It's kinda funny how the red looks pink on him, lol. I have no clue why.
I was arguing with myself whether or not to play as Green Wolf...but I'm so much better as Lucas and it'd be a dumb move on my part.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Not dead, just a lurker
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2008, 08:34:09 pm »
  • ニンテンドーマニアック64
I think I've discovered a glitch in brawl, I can't register more than 49 friends (even though the max is supposed to be 64).  It puts them on my friend list, but as soon as I back out and go back in, the name is gone and my friend list still says 49/64.

Also, my internet connection will randomly go out on me for varying amounts of time (anywhere from 10 seconds to 5-some hours).  If I disconnect during a brawl match and my connection is dead for a few hours preventing me from getting back on, then what?
ZFGC's resident straight-male kuutsundere
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related and other extended music loops:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendomaniac64

CPU + iGPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • My YouTube channel
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:19 pm »
In terms of registering players, if for some reason you are unable to register everyone in the tournament, then meh, that seems odd.  Considering that Kylink and Regulust both share a friendcode as well as luigi and Hammer Bro. Mike., there are twelve unique friendcodes and if you take yours off of that figure, there are only eleven.  You are not in the first match though, so hypothetically you only have to register those you have the potential to play; you could hold off on registering friend codes until the first day of the tournament or something.

If you get a disconnect and are unable to connect for a few hours, then you would probably be scheduled for the next day.  The way the matches are being done is that the video for the matches will be shown the following day.  If that does not work, you can be reschedule to a set aside break day; the day you are unable to fight would then become the break day.  If this is not a favorable option, it could be worked out with others fighting to switch the days in which you fight. 

Nintendo Maniac 64

Not dead, just a lurker
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:21 pm »
  • ニンテンドーマニアック64
Oh, wait, nvm.  Apparently I had already registered the particular user.  But there's still a glitch because instead of the normal "this friend code is already registered" message appearing, it added them to the list but without the FC showing, and then they're deleted when I back out. Strange... (it happened with regulus/kylink's code, MG-Zero's code, and with Scooternew's code)

But relating to my internet connection, that good that I'm not just instantly desqualified or something :P  Though, I commonly have a bit of attack and movement lag (about half a second delay) when playing online unfortunatly, which isn't something we can really avoid or delay for like my unstable connection at times.  Though take note, the lag seems to only affect me, showing that it's only an issue on my connection's side.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:49:01 pm by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2008, 11:26:32 pm »
  • w00t
I'm so proud to be the sole Lucario (Feel the power of Aura! Kamehame-ha! What's his power level? It's over 9000!!! Ok I'll stop. >.>)

Heh, this is off-topic, but my friend has this theory that in any 4-player match between random players, 4 out of 5 times there will be at least one Lucario.  Glad to see this won't be the case for this one (though of course the surge of Toon Links is to be expected, as it is ZFGC after all).  If I was in this tourney I would probably play as Lucario as well.

lol I think for everyone's benefit they should play some random online matches these next few days leading up to the tourny so they can get used to the possibility of lag. I've learned that even the slightest lag can REALLY throw off your timing so you go from ass kicking to noob pretty easily but after a few rounds you can get used to this.

Good advice.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2008, 03:01:57 am »
Well, technically I'm better with Mario, but Toon Link's ranged attacks are very good approaches, keeping the opponent on his feet and causing him to jump in the air, which is good for Toon Link since TL fights better in the air.

Anyway, the only issue I'm concerned about is really, really bad lag.
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2008, 03:34:58 am »
I'm very much hoping that this tourney has no items and is 4 stock matches, either no time limit or 8 minute time limit - MLG regulation rules.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for speeding up my internet for Brawl? I'm worried there will be so much lag it'll be unplayable. My SSBM is notorious for having really slow online play.
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2008, 03:38:10 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'm very much hoping that this tourney has no items and is 4 stock matches, either no time limit or 8 minute time limit - MLG regulation rules.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for speeding up my internet for Brawl? I'm worried there will be so much lag it'll be unplayable. My SSBM is notorious for having really slow online play.
It's no items 4 stock yes. Only FD, Battle field and Smashville will be course choices(I'll always play on Smashville fyi).

Change your routers channel to 1 or 11 to fix lag problems
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2008, 04:02:03 am »
Did that, I might switch again and see what happens. It's a pain in the ass.
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2008, 04:05:11 am »
If you have access to the router settings, set up a dedicated port forwarding scheme.  I did it for mine, and it ended up working.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/connectingOnline.jsp?entryId=manualSetup
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2008, 06:02:20 am »
So you don't really get any lag doing that? Usually, for me, the game plays smoothly, but there is around a quarter to half a second for a button press on the controller to register with the game.
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2008, 06:16:33 am »
I get lag sometimes, but I assume this to be interference from objects in the house, other wireless interference, and the general connection lag between playing someone who lives away from me a bit.  The lag that I get, however, makes it slow for a little bit, but then regular speed picks up.  I also have the option of borrowing a friend's ethernet adapter, so this could make my connection even better.

Setting up a specific connection profile like I suggest though makes it so the router does not auto-assign your wireless connection each time and instead sets up something it will always go to.  Also, doing this makes it so the chance of the match cutting out is low, although it happened to me once; I have only tested my connection against someone on my friend's list once, and the second time got interrupted and disconnected but I think that is a rare thing to happen.

Meh, I don't really know.  Setting up the connection couldn't hurt though.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2008, 04:29:12 pm »
  • The Mike
Lag messes you up the odd time, especially for this game. I had a test match with Regulust earlier and it was pretty bad on my end but it seems to look better on his end.

• Zelda Eternity

Nintendo Maniac 64

Not dead, just a lurker
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2008, 05:53:22 pm »
  • ニンテンドーマニアック64
So you don't really get any lag doing that? Usually, for me, the game plays smoothly, but there is around a quarter to half a second for a button press on the controller to register with the game.
99% of the time my online matches are like that; I'm pretty sure it's just the lack of quite fast broadband (mainly the widespread use of copper wiring and the lack of fiber optic lines) in the US :P (that is assuming you live in the US and don't have FiOS...)

6/7/08 EDIT: So... any news updates on the tourney?  Regulus said that it'd be starting on the 8th and that's tomorrow...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:42:05 pm by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2008, 02:32:45 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
99% of the time my online matches are like that; I'm pretty sure it's just the lack of quite fast broadband (mainly the widespread use of copper wiring and the lack of fiber optic lines) in the US :P (that is assuming you live in the US and don't have FiOS...)

6/7/08 EDIT: So... any news updates on the tourney?  Regulus said that it'd be starting on the 8th and that's tomorrow...
Yeah it's starting tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 73 queries.

anything