Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: <DEFEATED> Lunar {UPDATE!}  (Read 2229 times)

<DEFEATED> Lunar {UPDATE!}
« on: July 06, 2007, 03:12:35 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
Lunar
High Red Lord of Cathenol

UPDATE:

I was going to write a story, but I'm inflicted with the worst kind of writer's block. I can't think up a good beginning. Instead, I'm just going to describe the qualities of Lunar. The idea is that you'll recognize the depth of character and realism that I've put into him. I can easily guarantee that Lunar has the most work put into him of any other character, by far. However, the mature theme deeply contrasts with nearly every other character in this competition.

Please, try to truly understand the character before you vote. You have no idea how much work has been put into him.

Thanks!

My Story: (Untitled so far)

For years, I've been working on a satirical science fiction story. It isn't satirical in a comedic way, more so in the style of "1984". The story is split into two or three parts, I haven't decided yet.

The world in the story is called Cathenol. It takes place on a first planet (of three) orbiting an old Red Dwarf star. The planet is almost entirely covered in water, except for a small Australia-sized continent and a few smaller islands nearby. This island is made up of only one country, Cathenol. The capital of Cathenol is Obin, a large city portrayed as a mix between "Minas Tirith" and "Midgar", but in a much more futuristic way. The city is approximately seven hundred kilometers in diameter, and roughly circular.

The government of Cathenol is entirely situated within Obin, due to the fact that the rest of Cathenol is almost entirely desert. The government, known as OCS (Obin Control System) keeps the country and its four billion population under control using a false religion called Sykarism.

Sykarism involves the worship of a human (Sykross, more informally "Sykar") created by inbreeding generations several times. The resulting creature is a large, deformed being. The humans of Cathenol are so used to seeing plainness and similarity during their lives that they immediately accept this creature as being their God. The words of Sykross are not devised by the creature itself, but by a team of government employees called Red Lords who claim to be prophets of an even higher god, Aezor. They decide the laws, then pass them off to Lunar for approval. This system of a single, united religion suppresses any undesirable thoughts, keeping Cathenol a peaceful, fascist society.

As their newest plan, the Red Lords chose a random citizen to become an iconic "Savior" of Cathenol, one who would succeed Lunar as dictator and rule over Cathenol as Sykarism envisions it.

In the beginning of the story, Caeliv (the savior), is shot to death by a member of the rebel group "Kuavock". Despite the OCS's best efforts to cover up the death, it spreads throughout the public and becomes a major controversy. Realizing that a so called "God" has been killed by a mortal, the public begins to realize the lies behind Sykarism, and the Kuavock grows exponentially larger.

The remainder of the story follows the long, bloody, civil war between the OCS and the Kuavock.
---

Honestly, this is as simple as I could describe it. The actual story is much, much, MUCH more in-depth.
---

Description of Lunar:

Lunar is a character of mine that I've been developing for six or more years. I've grown up with him, almost as if he was an imaginary friend.

Lunar is a satirical representation of Adolf Hitler. He is the dictator of a extremely fascist government, corrupt and tyrannical in every way. He represents Hitler at the height of his power, as a charismatic leader of a vicious empire. Lunar is the "High Red Lord" of Cathenol, a multi-planetary civilization evolved from humans but bearing little to no resemblance.

At the time the story is set, Lunar is 59 years old, 6'7'', 230 lbs. Lunar's physical shape is kept in near perfection, in order to uphold is public image as a strong dictator, both physically and mentally.

Lunar is one of a few central characters in the story. There is no true "main character". Not yet.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:44:23 am by NeoGeo-x »

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
Re: Lunar
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 03:13:48 am »
  • :D
Didn't you submit this character last year?  Or was it just one with a similar picture... that picture looks very familiar.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 03:15:41 am »
I believe I did, but I think that I dropped out because I don't remember competing.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 01:45:10 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Fair enough. Does anybody still have the brackets of last year?

Edit: just verified it with Hof, this character did indeed not enter last year and is therefore eligible to do so this year. Welcome to the competition, Lunar.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:18:54 am by NeoGeo-x »
My name is Pitt
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:39:31 am »
KTHX.

I'm going to update the story before the competition begins.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 01:12:17 pm »
The story could have been a bit more detailed. I didn't really feel there was much emotion at all when Lunar killed himself <__<; the art is good, but there appears to be a scar/vein on his head that makes him look like Harry Potter.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 01:14:06 pm »
It's just the events that happened, it isn't the actual story.

Believe me, I write much much MUCH better than this.

The art was done by some guy, I forget his name though

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »
Double post laull

---

Tonight, I'm going to actually write a STORY about him, instead of just making it seem like a historical article.

Re: Lunar {UPDATE!}
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:50:17 am »
TRIPLE POST

SOMEBODY STOP ME, I MUST BE OUT OF MY MIND!

----

I finished updating, in a rush.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:54:56 am »
you should say he is more like Benito Mussolini he is like the teacher of Hitler, even though Hitler perfected Benito techniques.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 04:57:07 am »
But he isn't like Mussolini. You'd have to know more about him to understand.

After the competition, when there's no rush, I'll post a large, long topic with an ACTUAL story.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 05:05:48 am »
oh ok, well I think you need another picture that represent him better, :D, apart from that good luck.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 05:06:52 am »
If I had any art skills at all, I'd do that.

The picture doesn't do him justice at all, even though it is VERY impressive, considering it was made from scratch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 59 queries.

anything